Game 35: Flyers at Sabres; 3/29/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

1 hour ago, murraycraven said:

It has been a s**t show for far too long. It is really difficult being a fan of this organization. The s**t show will continue.. stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

The "stuck in perpetual mediocrity" is spot on.  We have multi-game win streaks followed by multi-game losses.  Last night was an example of "intra-game" mediocrity--two periods of sub-human performance topped off by a decent period against a team that's lost whatever games in a row.  I think you've described a "Systems" issue with players, coaching, scouting, and execution. We ended last year playing well but saw the usual suspects in the playoffs.   It is grim.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

So guys, I watched the Tina Turner documentary last night, wow, what a story Ike used to whip her with clothes hangers and then...what did I miss?

The team playing better?

Ike’s idol was Joan Crawford. “No wire hangers ever”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

It was a sh** show before he got here.

We're in Year Nine and Coach Five of sh** show.

But it's clearly "not the players"...

:thumbsu:

when i watched the third period av played more the vets than the youth there was more jump, what im wondering is, is the youth dragging us down because they are making too many mistakes?

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

when i watched the third period av played more the vets than the youth there was more jump, what im wondering is, is the youth dragging us down because they are making too many mistakes?

If there wasn't more jump in the vets' step as they were trailing 3-0 to the worst team in the league, I'd have been even more concerned.

The fact that they had to resort to shortening the bench to beat Buffalo is frightening.

That said, the future of this team is more with the Konecnys and Farabees of the world...

• Like 2