Sellers / Trade them all away

On 3/21/2021 at 11:51 AM, OccamsRazor said:

If I can only move one contract it would be Jake I just can't stand him and his constant turnovers.

So I would trade for a 17th round pick just to be free of seeing him in orange and black again.

And please for anyone responding to this please for the love of gawd do not bring up any stats he may have padded in his time here.

IDGAF I want him gone.

Did you know Jake padded the total number of gingers on the Flyers?

• Haha 2

On 3/21/2021 at 2:57 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Uh no we have garbage we are trying to peddle ourselves.

No more passengers here.

Try Ottawa.

Ya, but Fletch could trade our young/cheap garbage for some old/expensive stuff WITH TIES TO MINNESOTA!!!!

19 hours ago, Fizz said:

Agree it's time to ask Giroux to wave his NT clause and ship him to a legitimate contender, Coots is ready to lead this team.

Not sure any team would want Jake but maybe we could get 10 used pucks and a roll of tape for him.

I have a feeling JVR is Seattle bound. I still think the bases of a good team are here, They are young and have only had Hakstol and AV as coaches. incase you haven't noticed I am far from an AV fan. but the question is will Fletcher have the balls to do anything? I think he won't, he well give it another year. Wrong decision IMO.

If we throw in another player or pick and eat also some of the contract, maybe someone would take Jake off our hands. Even if you paid 2 million a year towards Jakes contract, it’s far  better than the 8 million a year and 8 turnovers per game that we would have to endure for four more years.

• Good Post 1

28 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, but Fletch could trade our young/cheap garbage for some old/expensive stuff WITH TIES TO MINNESOTA!!!!

I feels like you're trying to make me angry today...I'm not taking the bait.

Ok it doesn't have to be Ottawa somewhere other than Philly.

And no I am not interested in any Minnesota hockey players right now.

We have enough...

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I feels like you're trying to make me angry today...I'm not taking the bait.

Ok it doesn't have to be Ottawa somewhere other than Philly.

And no I am not interested in any Minnesota hockey players right now.

We have enough...

Not angry...just trying to give you a laugh. It's all we got right now.

21 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Not angry...just trying to give you a laugh. It's all we got right now.

That was a bad attempt at a joke myself.

Yeah I know it's all we got. Man that sucks.

I hate not being able to enjoy hockey anymore.

24 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

You know, Dino was ALWAYS  competitor.... I bet he could come out of retirement and show some of your boys how to light a fire on the ice still....

Maybe Dennis Maruk can help the PP and Cesar Maniago in goal.

• Like 1

In regards to moving players, many hold the opinion that some flyer players are so horrible thay they hold no value.

I wonder though, do other GMs, guys who know way more than us, see these players differently? The team is in total shambles, so do they look at Ghost and say, he justs needs a change of scenery?

8 minutes ago, CoachX said:

The team is in total shambles, so do they look at Ghost and say, he justs needs a change of scenery?

God i hope so....it is hard to accept they are stuck with some of these bums. But it could be the case.

So i seen Elliotte Friedman suggest the Preds may be open to trading Ryan Ellis i wonder how him as a partner for Ivan Provorov???

I'm not so enamored with his contract he is 30 and signed till he is 36 for 6.25 mill.

Sure Ekholm has been kicked around but Ellis is a RH shot. And well if they were to even consider this Jake must go the other way....must.

But Ellis would be a D man who is very similar to Niskanen...and he has no NMC or NTC and well could be exposed to Seattle and well if they take him it is what it is but the fact that Jake would be gone i do this...i hate Jake that much.

Not sure how this would work because he is on IR and not sure of you can move guys on IR.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sure Ekholm has been kicked around but Ellis is a RH shot. And well if they were to even consider this Jake must go the other way....must.

But Ellis would be a D man who is very similar to Niskanen...and he has no NMC or NTC and well could be exposed to Seattle and well if they take him it is what it is but the fact that Jake would be gone i do this...i hate Jake that much.

I've said this in the Eckholm thread.

this is the deal you do. Ellis is all the things you've been trying to sell Eckholm to me on.

Ellis checks all the boxes and can become a Timonen type. 

Jake or JvR makes the money work. 

This isn't a maybe he will flourish if given more responsibility and leadership situation.

Ellis is a legit top pairing player, he's living and breathing doing the things you've been telling me Eckholm can do. 

This is the guy you spend assets on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I've said this in the Eckholm thread.

this is the deal you do. Ellis is all the things you've been trying to sell Eckholm to me on.

Ellis checks all the boxes and can become a Timonen type. 

Jake or JvR makes the money work. 

This isn't a maybe he will flourish if given more responsibility and leadership situation.

Ellis is a legit top pairing player, he's living and breathing doing the things you've been telling me Eckholm can do. 

This is the guy you spend assets on. 

Ekholm has some solid offense but more a two way guy who is mobile, he is what I would love Myers to be...or even in Morin's game.

Ellis is what we wish Ghost would be.

So more offense from him and he isn't soft or weak in his own end.

In fact I'd love both....if I'm honest.

Can we do a blockbuster deal?

Flyers lack the instructors on the ice.