Carter Hart

Star

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It has to be a top priority to try and get Carter Hart back to playing like we saw come last playoff run.

When we saw him go 9-5-0 2.23 gaa 926% and 2 shutouts.

It's in there. They just need to find it. That will be a huge boost if they can get him going.

It doesn't matter what roster moves take place there will be no playoffs for the club.

Moose can not carry this team.

Next year the Fyers need to bring Ersson over to get him going on his transition to North America.

I'm afraid at this point Felix Sandstrom is a bust and it is time to starting finding Hart some younger help in goal. 

Ustimenko and Ersson can be a good tandem in goal for the Phantoms.

FIXED!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn't aware that Carter Hart wasn't with his shrink anymore per Bill Meltzer.

Bill
I think with the struggles of Carter Hart this season during his contract year, the team had an excellent opportunity to lock him up cheaply for the long term.
If I’m Cliff Fletcher, I am offering him a maximum 8 year deal. He is locked up during his absolute prime years (22-30). With the flat cap outlook for the next 2-3 years and his value at the lowest it could possibly be, what AAV do you think he could be signed for?
I think this would show the team was totally committed to him no matter his current struggles. This should ease him mentally and allow him to get back to what we know is his true elite status.
I would also hire his long time psychologist and put him on staff for the same 8 year term. Hart clearly misses and needs him.

Your thoughts?

- ParentConnSmythe75

Hart and his sports psychologist, John Stevenson, parted ways during the offseason. No, I don't think that has anything to do with his struggles this season.

I could see Hart getting a multi-year extension despite his rough season, but not for eight years.

Not sure if he has just found another one or is going without one but could this be a reason we are seeing an issue with him??

Just asking.

could be...

my guess? He's a young guy coming off a great first season. He probably had expectations of how good it would go, so he and the good Dr part ways. Season starts and the defense flounders in large part off the loss of Nisky, the addition of 2 nothings (braun, gus) and their own growing pains. The offense is overrun with mental headcases and lazy slackers. All this roller coasters into him becoming easy target. This pops the balloon and he is scrambling.

:hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon:

If they can lock him long term, do it! Show him you believe in him while make a sound financial decision. He will get back on track. Make him the center piece of your rebuild. Hell, make him captain!

:thumbsu:

• Like 2

I wouldn't break the bank for Hart (or any goalie really).  They are like relief pitchers - mostly a bunch of head cases who are up and down from year to year.  Make him earn it until he is a UFA and if he has been consistently good at that point you can always overpay then.

49 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I wouldn't break the bank for Hart (or any goalie really).  They are like relief pitchers - mostly a bunch of head cases who are up and down from year to year.  Make him earn it until he is a UFA and if he has been consistently good at that point you can always overpay then.

Granted, we shouldn't have broken the bank for the Bryzgalovs of the world, or whatever world he was in. However, we have had ZERO success in winning a Stanley Cup since 1975, when our most important player was our goalie. So, I would break the bank...or really close to it..for a great goalie. The jury is still out on Hart, but we need a very good goalie.

Overpaying Hart for a several years on the off chance he develops into a top 5 goalie and then is slightly underpaid would totally be a Flyers move.

Like naming Mike Richards captain and trying to will him into the reincarnation of Clarke's jockstrap.  Like naming Claude Giroux captain and giving him a long deal just because he's your leading scorer.  Like signing Voracek long term because he stopped eating pretzels for 5 seconds.

All I am saying is, prove it, then we'll over pay you.

Hart hasn't proven anything.

Edited by SCFlyguy

16 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Overpaying Hart for a several years on the off chance he develops into a top 5 goalie and then is slightly underpaid would totally be a Flyers move.

Like naming Mike Richards captain and trying to will him into the reincarnation of Clarke's jockstrap.  Like naming Claude Giroux captain and giving him a long deal just because he's your leading scorer.  Like signing Voracek long term because he stopped eating pretzels for 5 seconds.

All I am saying is, prove it, then we'll over pay you.

Hart hasn't proven anything.

How about not ever overpaying

2 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Not exactly the Flyer way tbh

and why, imho, the Flyers have never fully been able to fully adjust to the salary cap era of the NHL.  It was GREAT when the Flyers could just buy the top free agent but the stellar record of always making the playoffs has been hurt by the cap or their inability to maneuver with it's restrictions. 

On 4/3/2021 at 11:25 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Not sure if he has just found another one or is going without one but could this be a reason we are seeing an issue with him??

Just asking.

My guess is he's struggling because the entire team is playing like garbage in front of him. 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

My guess is he's struggling because the entire team is playing like garbage in front of him. 

Yes and not having a shrink to help him could be compounding the issue.