Nolan Patrick being roughed up by Lafraniere

RonJeremy

Someone wrote about how Patrick was roughed up against the Rangers and I do recall that play.Lafraniere, basically pushed Patrick’s face into the ice and Patrick and his teammates did absolutely nothing about it. How do you let an 18 year old punk get away with that. Patrick is not a tough guy, but neither is Lafraniere . Patrick should have done something, if not a cheap shot back,  a body check, anything, even later in the game . Patrick is really coming across as a soft perimeter player The more I watch Patrick, the more he seems to be plain vanilla. No killer instinct or tenacity at all. He is JVR lite.  When you interview these kids at draft time , you need to figure out if they have a pair. I would ask whats your favorite band, if you don’t answer Zeppelin or AC/DC, then your probably a puss... I’m tired of us drafting all these nice guys. His favorite band is probably The Backside Boys or Justin Beeper. I’m so sick of watching our guys get roughed up. Having a  small timid player , who doesn’t fight back , but who scores tons of goals is one thing, but there is no reason for a 6ft ,200 lb guy , who scores no goals ,to let an 18year old Frenchie pummel him. 

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

When you interview these kids at draft time , you need to figure out if they have a pair. I would ask whats your favorite band, if you don’t answer Zeppelin or AC/DC, then your probably a puss...

what if they answer Disturbed or Five Finger Death Punch?

• Like 3

16 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Patrick is not a tough guy, but neither is Lafraniere . Patrick should have done something, if not a cheap shot back,  a body check, anything, even later in the game

I have to say i didn't see the the stuff of which you speak but it doesn't sound encouraging.

But i will lean on the hope that Patrick doesn't want to engage in a fight which could then possibly lead to a headache disorder flaring up again.

I hope that is why. I'm old school southern so i grew up slinging them knuckle sandwiches.

On my block we always played tackle football since i was around 5 year old and i was always the smallest back then when i started and it always lead to a cheap shot by the bigger kids on the smaller ones which was usually me or my cousins.

So i ended up in a lot of fights defending myself. But you had to or the kids would keep doing it.

So all it took was one day whipping one of the bigger kid's asses after he took liberties with me and bloodied my nose with an elbow.

So i busted his with a two piece. And guess what i think i was around 7 by then and they never took liberties with me again. 

In my experience with bullies they don't really want no smoke they just want to intimidate someone and look tough.

I am 49 years old and have never started a fight....never swung on a an first.

But i have never walked away from one.

And i don't get pumped up into one by a lot of jawing. To me it's just chirping.

But once you put your hands on me...well now you have to whip my ass....or i am going to whip yours....so we about to find out which one will take place.

It is how i was raised by my dad to defend yourself. It is how i raise my daughter. But i told her if i ever find out she was ever a bully or started a fight she will be in trouble with me.

But if she is defending herself and tried to avoid a confrontation as best she could but ended up have to fight i would not punish her.

Anyways sorry for the long post but i wish the Flyer players of the younger generations had backbone especially when it comes to defending oneself or their team mates.

That’s all it takes is to stick up for yourself and others will get the message. Patrick allowing an 18 year old French puss, to get away will only encourage other players to rough him up. I understand he may have been worried about a fight and his headaches, but if he does not put a stop to it now, he will be the recipient of many more cheap shots down the road. Until we get some abrasive/skilled players on this team , I don’t see us getting too far.  Everyone plays bigger when you have a spark plug on your team, we have buttplugs.

18 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Until we get some abrasive/skilled players on this team , I don’t see us getting too far.

Don't be shocked if Jay O'Brien has a better NHL career.

When i watch JO play is see hustle i see intensity and WANT to get better...i'm not seeing very much from Patty...i just don't see very much urgency in his game....like ever.

From the stuff i seen of JO i see one thing i don't see from PN. URGENCY TO PROVE SOMETHING.

So from where i am sitting i can see Jay having a better Flyer career than i can for Nolan and JO is still in college.

Prove me wrong Patrick.

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't be shocked if Jay O'Brien has a better NHL career.

When i watch JO play is see hustle i see intensity and WANT to get better...i'm not seeing very much from Patty...i just don't see very much urgency in his game....like ever.

From the stuff i seen of JO i see one thing i don't see from PN. URGENCY TO PROVE SOMETHING.

So from where i am sitting i can see Jay having a better Flyer career than i can for Nolan and JO is still in college.

Prove me wrong Patrick.

Patrick is one year older than O'Brien and is in his 3rd NHL season.

Picture Nolan Patrick playing against college guys and Jay O'Brien playing against the best on the planet. Now which one looks like he's going to have the best career? 

I'm glad O'Brien is looking less like a bust than he was a couple years ago. But his career hasn't exactly wowed anyone either. Obviously Patricks health is a big factor, and I'm not sure if this migraine thing will rear it's ugly head again or not. Nobody does. I'm sure the more comfortable he gets the better he'll play. Let's hope.

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Now which one looks like he's going to have the best career? 

Jay O'Brien.

I see hunger in his game i see a kid with something to prove. Instead of a guy who thinks he doesn't have anything to prove.

I don't care where they play or who they are playing against.

In fact it seems you missed where i said JO was still in college.

There is zero urgency in Nolan's game and you might not like that but you need to take that up with Patty.

NP only has 5 more points in the NHL than JO this year doesn't even have the chance to play with players and skilled as Nolan Patrick so much for who i would take. This is a show me league and Nolan hasn't shown me very much except he can skate.

Sorry you don't have to agree with it but i will take the hungry kid all day over the one who is entitled and soft.

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Obviously Patricks health is a big factor, and I'm not sure if this migraine thing will rear it's ugly head again or not.

It is why i would trade him before it does. While he still as value. It's just me.

31 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sorry you don't have to agree with it but i will take the hungry kid all day over the one who is entitled and soft.

The hungry kid? Who went to play in the BCHL cause he couldn't cut it in college? 

Again, happy he's playing well. But O'Brien took about as easy a way out last year as he possibly could. He's doing better...but he's far from the poster boy for "hungry kid".

This is hungry kid 

image.jpeg.4c21f10f36402ffde9fdf228933dde1d.jpeg

56 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Who went to play in the BCHL cause he couldn't cut it in college? 

You my friend are misinformed, he went to the BCHL so he could play and NOT have to sit out a year to transfer and still maintain his 3 years of eligibility.

But hey go with what fits your narrative right.

Seems you have some animosity towards him for whatever reason. He shows me more hustle than the #2 overall pick for sure.

I got nothing against Zayde he is taking advantage of his opportunity so is JO but you won't recognize that.

• Like 1

@OccamsRazor

Nothing against O'Brien...I thought it was a good "swing for the fences" pick after taking a safer pick in Farabee. I know about the transfer thing...but he left Providence originally,  because according to him he had trouble with the speed of the game, and lack of space. 

I guess I just have a little more patience on a guy who missed the entire season last year to injury. I'm pretty confident Patrick will continue to improve. Hopefully they both near their ceiling.

32 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

@OccamsRazor

Nothing against O'Brien...I thought it was a good "swing for the fences" pick after taking a safer pick in Farabee. I know about the transfer thing...but he left Providence originally,  because according to him he had trouble with the speed of the game, and lack of space. 

I guess I just have a little more patience on a guy who missed the entire season last year to injury. I'm pretty confident Patrick will continue to improve. Hopefully they both near their ceiling.

Don’t forget O’ Brian also had a bunch of injuries, so just like Patrick, his development was hindered. At this point I will settle for just one of them becoming a good player. Morin and Rubstov don’t look like they have much of a future in Philly , so we really need at least one of these guys to pan out. 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2021 at 11:32 AM, OccamsRazor said:

I have to say i didn't see the the stuff of which you speak but it doesn't sound encouraging.

But i will lean on the hope that Patrick doesn't want to engage in a fight which could then possibly lead to a headache disorder flaring up again.

I hope that is why. I'm old school southern so i grew up slinging them knuckle sandwiches.

On my block we always played tackle football since i was around 5 year old and i was always the smallest back then when i started and it always lead to a cheap shot by the bigger kids on the smaller ones which was usually me or my cousins.

So i ended up in a lot of fights defending myself. But you had to or the kids would keep doing it.

So all it took was one day whipping one of the bigger kid's asses after he took liberties with me and bloodied my nose with an elbow.

So i busted his with a two piece. And guess what i think i was around 7 by then and they never took liberties with me again. 

In my experience with bullies they don't really want no smoke they just want to intimidate someone and look tough.

I am 49 years old and have never started a fight....never swung on a an first.

But i have never walked away from one.

And i don't get pumped up into one by a lot of jawing. To me it's just chirping.

But once you put your hands on me...well now you have to whip my ass....or i am going to whip yours....so we about to find out which one will take place.

It is how i was raised by my dad to defend yourself. It is how i raise my daughter. But i told her if i ever find out she was ever a bully or started a fight she will be in trouble with me.

But if she is defending herself and tried to avoid a confrontation as best she could but ended up have to fight i would not punish her.

Anyways sorry for the long post but i wish the Flyer players of the younger generations had backbone especially when it comes to defending oneself or their team mates.

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The hungry kid? Who went to play in the BCHL cause he couldn't cut it in college? 

Again, happy he's playing well. But O'Brien took about as easy a way out last year as he possibly could. He's doing better...but he's far from the poster boy for "hungry kid".

This is hungry kid 

image.jpeg.4c21f10f36402ffde9fdf228933dde1d.jpeg

Hopefully he is our not so distant future Wayne Simmonds. The fact that an 18 year old 4th round pick is scoring big in the AHL is very encouraging. He also plays the type of game that the Flyers sorely need.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

21 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Providence originally,  because according to him he had trouble with the speed of the game, and lack of space.

I got nothing against him playing at a lesser level because he had something to work on and maybe he hasn't physically mature as much as he thought he had.

I'm proud that he kept working and it looks like it is paying dividends.

Seems he has his confidence.

Patrick doesn't show me any fire.

Sorry when O'Brien gets here (if he gets here) and he lags too i will be busting his balls as well.

21 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I guess I just have a little more patience on a guy who missed the entire season last year to injury.

It seems. And rightfully so.

What would you have preferred O'Brien to do i don't ever remember you putting your self out there telling us what he should have done differently making a suggestion on how to fix it.

So let me know what you would have done i'd like to know. He is grinding i respect that.

Putting in work. I am maybe hard on Patrick but damn man play with some goddamn passion.

Edited by OccamsRazor
#boubonup

14 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Morin and Rubstov don’t look like they have much of a future in Philly

It is looking more and more that that is true every day that passes and Sam can't crack this blueline after watching teams push the Flyers around tells me a lot.

I would try and pair Sam with a guy Myers for a little. 

Provorov Ghost

Morin Myers

Sanheim Braun

If Braun can't succeed with Travis then they just don't need him. I would add this for a Bruin game.

Will Hagg forever be here because of Oskar? I just don't like Gus i can't put it in words.

If Sam is next to go i want to see him try to play with a good partner. I thing he can get Myers going showings him how to use his size.

Anways to much pre game bourbon for me.

18 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Hopefully he is our not so distant future Wayne Simmonds. The fact that an 18 year old 4th round pick is scoring big in the AHL is very encouraging.

Hell yeah. I can see it. He plays with fire i love seeing it.

Hunger. Coots plays like that. Ivan plays like that. The rest show spurts of it.

I see NAK play with that, want to get the damn puck attitude it is why i like him so much. 

Raffl plays like that. Flyers need more of that.

That game back by Giroux and i'm like WHERE THE **** HAS THAT BEEN mood.

I hope for a good game today. I want to see Hart show he is ready to take the crease back.