Game 15: Rangers at Flyers; 2/18/21 @ 7; CSP

Howie58

Greetings:

Hopefully, there's a game tonight.  The O and B are installed as favorites:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/new-york-rangers-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-2-18-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

The Rangers aren't that good on paper, but Igor Shesterkin's numbers are very respectable, and it appears he will be up against Hart.  We will be playing a patch quilt lineup, so the odds may not matter.  Meanwhile, I hope the gang focuses on the Rangers rather than the Lake Tahoe spectacle on Sunday. 

Edited by Howie58

I've seen the Rangers once this season.

They should have a better record based upon the ability of the players they're icing.

The game  I saw they were highly competitive vs the Bruins for large portions of the game. 

Then for about 5 minutes the wheels would come all the way off, now this often coincided with Bergeron, Pastarnak and Marchand being on the ice but the Rangers are prone to long stretches of monkey business. The game I watched the Russian kid was pretty unbelievable in goal, so that sucks too.

Once they get that "bit" ironed out, they'll be a good team. My hope is they haven't figured it out yet. 

I hate them and hoped they would suck for longer.

Dang it.

Good Morning:

These were the lines at practice:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/perfect-time-flyers-get-carter-hart-perfected-juggling-act

The fourth line is "interesting."  One guy who's in his first NHL game, and another who's only played 15 over the last three seasons.  Hopefully, they gel and do themselves proud in the little time they're on the ice.  If nothing else, Morin gets a chance to test his new position.  

Edited by Howie58

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Good Morning:

These were the lines at practice:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/perfect-time-flyers-get-carter-hart-perfected-juggling-act

The fourth line is "interesting."  One guy who's in his first NHL game, and another who's only played 15 over the last three seasons.  Hopefully, they gel and do themselves proud in the little time they're on the ice.  If nothing else, Morin gets a chance to test his new position.  

Greetings Howie,

Yeah that 4th line. Should be interesting to say the least

7 minutes ago, CoachX said:

WTF is a "sushko" ?

Last year pre COVID I saw the Phantoms play the Hershey Bears.

Sushko stood out in a good way.  He was around the puck a lot and had really good speed, he appeared to be one of the faster guys in the building when I saw them in December. 

I don't think he's going to wow anyone in the NHL but I do think his speed will be useful on the forecheck.

It's like AV said in his presser, now guys get a chance to show what they've got.

I hope everyone takes advantage. 

Because next to the Pens I hate the Rangers the most of any other pro team and their fans only slightly less than the Boston fanbase. Real easy to work up a good  sports hate for those douches. yep, **** them. 

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Well, not too many, only 167...mostly Northeast....lots of Russian athletes:

https://www.names.org/n/sushko/about

I liked this part...."The name spelled backwards is Okhsus. A random rearrangement of the letters in the name (anagram) will give Suohks. How do you pronounce that?"

Flyers power play sucks regardless of which 5 players are out there. 

They looked good the first 10 minutes of game but Rags have been dictating play since then

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Samifan said:

On a side note, how many people do you think Voracek has blocked on Twitter while he’s been home on covid protocol? 😂

I don't know why one of your goal scorers doesn't get a shot in the shootout?

Hayes is not one and JVR is a garbage goal scorer not a sniper.

How you don't let Farabee take one of the first 3 is beyond me.

Goodnight.

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

Flyers power play sucks regardless of which 5 players are out there. 

They looked good the first 10 minutes of game but Rags have been dictating play since then

Whats up with this? Seriously? This game aside, in the past the flyers had a very effective PP, with many of the same players they have now.

So, is it the players? Do they all of a sudden suck in this capacity? Or is it coaching? Can they just not find and hire a coach who is worth a piss?

And when did the become horrible at giving and accepting simple passes? Is thay something they can think about practicing?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

Whats up with this? Seriously? This game aside, in the past the flyers had a very effective PP, with many of the same players they have now.

So, is it the players? Do they all of a sudden suck in this capacity? Or is it coaching? Can they just not find and hire a coach who is worth a piss?

Therien is running the pp....into the ground.

4 hours ago, CoachX said:

And when did the become horrible at giving and accepting simple passes? Is thay something they can think about practicing?

They easily look like the worst team in the NHL when it comes to passing. Or the AHL. Or the OHL.

Rusty. No one else is...but they're still rusty.

• Annoyed 1

8 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I wish Hart would have stopped one of the shootout attempts. 

Me too but when you have guys who can shoot and they really control the game like the Ranger's shooters.

Flyers don't have any top guys who will shoot the puck they always try some deke move and usually loose the puck or are easily stopped, that is why i don't understand why one of the only shooter shooters with deadly shots didn't get a chance.

Farabee has a very nice shot and he even scored the tying goal and yet he doesn't get a chance. 

He would have got a chance before Hayes in my mind. Hell even NAK has a very nice wrist shot.

Flyers at the end of the day don't have but one or two goal scorers....the rest are play makers or if you prefer a fancier name just passers...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Therien is running the pp....into the ground.

They easily look like the worst team in the NHL when it comes to passing. Or the AHL. Or the OHL.

Rusty. No one else is...but they're still rusty.

It is just why i can't just sit down and commit to a full game....especially after a long day at work.

Usually i rush home and get on the couch by 7:45 to watch but lately on the way home i just stop go take care of some stuff run by the hardware store for stuff or anything i need to do before getting home and just catch the last period or end of the game.

Just not real inspired to watch uninspiring hockey life just happens. It just has dropped so low on my list of priorities this year. I hope it changes soon but i can't feel it.

I'd rather just drink and watch something else....something entertaining.

• Like 2