Game 13: Flyers at Capitals; 2/7/21 @ 12; NBC

Howie58

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Flyers getting 4 min of PP time....but also, Flyers players are getting smashed out there left n right playing with the Caps....

And two immediate turnovers in offense zone by Jake 

• Annoyed 1

12 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I can't believe how much I'm laughing🤣🤣

that PP was a total clown show. I wonder if they ever practice it?

The problem is with Giroux and Jake on same PP unit, that leaves just 3 shooters for the opponent to defend because they refuse to shoot. So when you think about it the Flyers are really short handed 4-3 when that PP unit is out there

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Well another butt-ugly win.

Perhaps....but Philly got to hang a 7 on a Caps team that looked MUCH better, especially early on.

For those that don't think having a particular guy in the lineup makes a difference...
For those that think emotional highs don't matter in hockey...

All they need to see is Sean Couturier back in the lineup, and the Flyers look a bit more confident....even if Travis Konecny looks like he took his vacation time early....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Perhaps....but Philly got to hang a 7 on a Caps team that looked MUCH better, especially early on.

For those that don't think having a particular guy in the lineup makes a difference...
For those that think emotional highs don't matter in hockey...

All they need to see is Sean Couturier back in the lineup, and the Flyers look a bit more confident....even if Travis Konecny looks like he took his vacation time early....

It's pretty strange as a Flyer fan watching your team get outworked game after game while your goalie outplays the oppositions game after game. 

It's also strange watching Travis Konecny play without passion...and JVR playing with. 

• Like 3

Hard to believe they won this game. No hits, no PP, lots of don't hit me giveaways. Wins a win I guess. Time to buy out 28. He is an albatross contract. He will cost an asset to the Kraken. NBC thinks highly of him though. Maybe he can do the pregame show with Jones and Sharp.