Game 13: Flyers at Capitals; 2/7/21 @ 12; NBC

Howie58

Greetings:

We are mild underdogs against the Caps on some sites, mild favorites on others.  Both teams are coming off losses.  

Statistically, there isn't a lot of difference between the clubs; Caps PP is quite strong:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-wsh/2021/02/07/2020020188

It will be interesting to see what kind of performance we get after two losses in which we had leads until late in the game.  I have not seen any lineups.  Gus may be a "sleeper" PP pick over Ghost.  He seems to be better at keeping the puck in the attack zone.  We'll see.

LGF!

I thought the Caps would really "jump to" under Lavy. 

Maybe having 4 of the top guys on the COVID protocols has stunted their "growth".

I like the Flyers chances if they continue play the way they have over the last 4 games. 

Capitals buzzing around the offensive zone.

Other than that Ovechkin rising laser, Flyers are holding their own so far, but of concern for Fly fans still:
Lack of teeth and snarl in the defensive zone, particularly around Carter Hart.
Caps are just being allowed to hang around the netminder too often without paying any sort of price.
That's gonna lead to some garbage goals against.

Just now, Samifan said:

Ovie again, must be nice to have a player that WANTS to SHOOT whenever the puck comes to him. 

I guess the EASY answer would be: "Someone needs to start hitting Ovechkin to slow him down!"

Problem is, while the Flyers got a guy or two that can match size with him, those same guys can't quite skate with him.
And those that CAN skate with him, don't have near the size needed to take him down.

Now you know how other teams felt when Lindros was running over everyone and scoring at will. :) 

• Like 3