Game 12: Flyers vs. Bruins 02/05/2021 7:00 pm

OccamsRazor

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Agree. I hope Oskar is okay i wish someone on the team would have whipped Clifton's ass for that check but they have no fight in them besides NAK, a team full of a bunch of pu$$ies.

Where's Dave Brown, when you need him?

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think the Bruins are *that much better than the Flyers

Yet, we cant beat them

The Flyers should have won Wednesday and could have won last night

But they didn't 

I don't see a juggernaut Boston team that the Flyers can't beat. 

Except they havent

I see a team they *haven't beaten yet.

This is like saying they are good enough to win a SC, but haven't yet

You are one of the most optimistic posters in the forum. I appreciate that about you. I just cant, and dont, see what you see. I see a team with a good coach, good goalie, and a few strong pieces on defense. The rest are either over the hill, overrated, or over valued

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Yet, we cant beat them

But they didn't 

Except they havent

This is like saying they are good enough to win a SC, but haven't yet

You are one of the most optimistic posters in the forum. I appreciate that about you. I just cant, and dont, see what you see. I see a team with a good coach, good goalie, and a few strong pieces on defense. The rest are either over the hill, overrated, or over valued

Bravo. Well said.

Where were you earlier this morning you could have saved me a a lot of typing. Damn you.

🤬

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

You are one of the most optimistic posters in the forum. I appreciate that about you. I just cant, and dont, see what you see. I see a team with a good coach, good goalie, and a few strong pieces on defense

I think this goes back to the days when I competed. I never quit, I never thought teams were better than mine.

It had to be startlingly obvious, I'd have to take a beating from a team like this year's Alabama CFB team before I'd think we can't beat those guys.

the Bruins don't look like this year's Alabama team in hockey form to me.

I don't know why more people don't think like I do to be honest.

Is it wanting to be right? fear of being disappointed? Too much Xbox? 

Actually it doesn't matter.

Life is enough of a grind, to me, looking at the worst possible outcome from a leisure activity only makes the grind all encompassing. I don't need nor want that. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't know why more people don't think like I do to be honest.

Id like to see things from yoir POV but I cant get my head that far up my a$$  🤣 j/k

There is another saying, "Never argue with an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience."

This applies to our Flyers.  Many of us have stood by, year after year, seeing the same results.  We are jaded. Amd as much as I want to blame it on OC, its really just the Flyers' fault

6 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Where's Dave Brown, when you need him?

Behn Wilson was my favorite of all time, he was an angry guy with a few loose screws. When he got into a fight you could see it in his eyes, he wanted to hurt his opponent. He really laid down some tremendous beatings.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I do not agree they just gave it away by playing with their head up their asses and just don't know how to keep grinding till the end. They need a heart transplant.

I find this to be a ridiculous take. 

"The Perfection Line" won (with some luck) a net front scrum. There were 7 dudes in the blue paint.

No one quit, no one wasn't selling out. No one's head was up their ass.

I have no idea what happened on the Kuraly goal. Maybe Elliot lost his crease? or it was the perfect shot. I thought It banked in off the post.

Overall, last night the defense was the best it's been all year.

There weren't very many high danger chances for the Bruins. The go ahead goal was from above and outside the circle.

I often don't understand the expectations you have for the team.

I didn't expect the clown show from the first 7 games to continue. I figured the luck would run out.  It seems like it has. 

The way the team is playing the last 4 games is a vast improvement from the first 8.  If you don't see that I don't think there's much to discuss because, apparently, we are not watching the same thing.

3 hours ago, CoachX said:

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience."

There's also a quote from some smart guy's book that says The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Yet here we are. 

Cheers

16 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Overall, last night the defense was the best it's been all year.

Well there is a high bar to clear. #standards

18 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I often don't understand the expectations you have for the team.

Same. I really don't have the want or care to comment further. IJDGAF anymore.

Cheers. Enjoy the weekend.

• Haha 1