Game 12: Flyers vs. Bruins 02/05/2021 7:00 pm

OccamsRazor

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

JVR can't carry the team.

I got home late but he is the only one i noticed. 

Choked away 2 points. Moose has to make that stop especially with the game on the line.

But he didn't have any help it seemed.

The Matadors were up to the usual free roam in their own end.

How could they not call a penalty on this....

..talk about late. A travesty the refs in this game.

But they call this on Farabee.

Just embarrassing. The NHL should be ashamed of themselves.

It would be nice if someone other than JVR would show up.

none of these players can put the puck on the net, every player on this team has no offensive skill like what player can shoot the puck on the net without passing it? it's not a coaching problem, it's a skill problem. the players that hextall and homer drafted have no skill, just grit and grind for goals and the bruins dont have that, they have skill, we dont. that's the difference. that's why we lost in the playoffs last year, skill matters, grit and grind wont.

Having Giroux and Voracek on the ice at the same time is like playing short handed. Neither like to shoot and will look to pass 99% of the time to the point where they will try and force low percentage passes. 

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

• Like 2

No It's not all on you Moose but thanks for stepping up and owning the bad goal.

0-2-2 vs the Bruins not sure what it will take to get this team going.

All i can say i think a trade for some help on defense would help.

You know someone who can actually playin his own end. Let's start there.

12 hours ago, trevluk said:

Bruins have our number for sure. They are in the Flyers head now. Better hope we don't face them in the playoffs (if we make the playoffs) or we are done and dusted.

Just a quick observation from watching the highlights but both of these teams look slow.  They looked like they were skating through molasses out there. I thought my video was playing at 3/4 speed or something.  

38 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

They looked like they were skating through molasses out there.

That is every night for the Flyers. Nothing new here.

Then they are protected by the Matadors of Philly i feel sorry for anyone left in their crease...

Image result for matador gif

Just very hard to watch....i would suggest not doing it.

I don't think the Bruins are *that much better than the Flyers.

I think Couturier in the lineup will help with closing out games.

I'll bet having Myers healthy and in the line up helps too. 

This wasn't a 6-1 shellacking where the Flyers looked like a beer league team vs an NHL team. 

The Flyers should have won Wednesday and could have won last night. 

I don't see a juggernaut Boston team that the Flyers can't beat. I see a team they *haven't beaten yet. 

The last two games, I liked the Flyers defense and forecheck. If they keep playing like that, they're going to win more than they lose. They could have shot the puck more. But I don't know what it looks like when Rask is in the net, does it appear that there's no room? or there isn't a shot ? I don't think it's because the boys want to look like the 70's era Russian teams. I will allow that maybe Rask is in the shooters heads- everyone except Farabee. 

I hated Wednesday loss more than last night's. Wednesday was utter self destruction. Last night was a good team winning a close game. That happens. 

I know this is an minority opinion here but I don't see the sky falling, I don't see this team as the weak sisters of the poor.

Boston is good, they deserve credit. 

27 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Herd AV call last night's loss unacceptable. Not because his team blew another lead in the 3rd period but because the Flyers actually out shot their opponent :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

Therapy is here...enjoy.

21 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That is every night for the Flyers. Nothing new here.

My suggestion would be to add some quickness to your team, never mind elite game breakers.  It looks (from that very small sample size I watched) that your team just needs to get more tempo to their game.  It was a very 1997-like tempo... and it's 2021. 

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Then they are protected by the Matadors of Philly i feel sorry for anyone left in their crease...

Well it looked like you took it to the Bruins for a good portion of the game. You were done in by a bad goal at the end.  

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think the Bruins are *that much better than the Flyers.

Agree.

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think Couturier in the lineup will help with closing out games.

Without doubt.

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I'll bet having Myers healthy and in the line up helps too. 

You can choose waterboarding or having Braun, Hagg and Gustafsson defending you goal which do you prefer??? Let me think about that more and get back with you.

10 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The Flyers should have won Wednesday and could have won last night. 

And yes it wasn't the epic penalty fest like like games collapse however a collapse none the less.

Why can't they finish guys???

Image result for finish him gif mortal kombat

I don't know maybe because none of these guys have ever been in a true street fight.

No killer instincts. Farabee's penalty shot failure is the perfect example can't finish hell didn't even make Rask move...SMH.

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I liked the Flyers defense

I'm going to pretend i didn't even see this.

15 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Last night was a good team winning a close game. That happens. 

I do not agree they just gave it away by playing with their head up their asses and just don't know how to keep grinding till the end. They need a heart transplant.

One thing for sure is it isn't getting any easier with the Capitals next. The good news is they dominated them last year i hope the Flyers can find that magic again but man they miss Niskanen so bad.

2 more points squandered. What's new. AV has no answer for this team it seems.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Agree.

Without doubt.

You can choose waterboarding or having Braun, Hagg and Gustafsson defending you goal which do you prefer??? Let me think about that more and get back with you.

And yes it wasn't the epic penalty fest like like games collapse however a collapse none the less.

Why can't they finish guys???

Image result for finish him gif mortal kombat

I don't know maybe because none of these guys have ever been in a true street fight.

No killer instincts. Farabee's penalty shot failure is the perfect example can't finish hell didn't even make Rask move...SMH.

I'm going to pretend i didn't even see this.

I do not agree they just gave it away by playing with their head up their asses and just don't know how to keep grinding till the end. They need a heart transplant.

One thing for sure is it isn't getting any easier with the Capitals next. The good news is they dominated them last year i hope the Flyers can find that magic again but man they miss Niskanen so bad.

2 more points squandered. What's new. AV has no answer for this team it seems.

There is no answer besides a trade. The defense is bad, we don't score enough goals, and there is no replacement for Coots. Scotty Bowman couldn't make this team much better. This team heard how highly touted it was, and believed it.

Just now, WordsOfWisdom said:

My suggestion would be to add some quickness to your team, never mind elite game breakers. 

Sure i'm listening because well those guys come so cheaply right?

But what they lack is more forwards who will SHOOT THE GODDAMN PUCK!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

Well it looked like you took it to the Bruins for a good portion of the game.

Yes there was stretches...but was it a optical illusion and the Bruins took their foot off the pedal??

Not sure anymore. But the goal Moose let in was a back breaker just because there wasn't any time to even mount much of a comeback.

No worries AV knows how to fix this.

:LiesSign:

The problem is, also, that like the Eagles...I don't trust the creativity of the Flyers front office to make an upgrade through a trade. Ed Snider might have had the most hockey knowledge of anyone in the front office. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

There is no answer besides a trade. The defense is bad, we don't score enough goals, and there is no replacement for Coots. Scotty Bowman couldn't make this team much better. This team heard how highly touted it was, and believed it.

Agree. I hope Oskar is okay i wish someone on the team would have whipped Clifton's ass for that check but they have no fight in them besides NAK, a team full of a bunch of pu$$ies.

• Like 1