Game 8: Flyers and Devils; 1/28/21 @ 7 PM, CSP

Howie58

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

How so?

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah it is what i figured after reading posting AV's comments.

Just they are going to be a even slower group...Braun, Hagg and Prosser might as well have three orange cones out on the ice....can't hit what you can't catch...

...kid has 10 NHL games under his belt and they won't let him learn on the job. Yet the vets get to make brain fart after brain fart is my problem....he can't work on his game in the sky box.

Oh well what can you do. Devils will enjoy cycling the puck vs the sloths.

It's interesting here at this Flyers HF Board. A mix of:

1) those constantly critical of the Coach, GM, players - - ie: 'we know better'

2) those with calmer patience and deeper understanding

You are usually very sharp.

A good media quote recently:

But the sky isn't falling. They are 3-2-1 and some of Vigneault's best teams didn't figure things out right away, last season included. A reminder: the Flyers started 2-3-1 last season and were average at best in the opening month. The Flyers truly didn't click until January.

This season started later and is a shortened, 56-game campaign, but the Delaware Valley should not be pressing the panic button yet.

When the season first started with 2 wins, some negative posting prompted a response of patience and time is needed. Then someone posted, if you think this is bad, 'just wait until we have a loss'.

After 2 losses - - the sky is falling, the sky is falling! Criticize players. Attack the GM. (We fans know best.) Disappointing. Sad. But, it's the nature of the beast.

Lesson for me - - stay out of foolish and stupid controversies — because they will generate quarrels. Learn when a real opportunity to express calmness appears, and then, just speak the realities in patience and understanding.

It's interesting to read some of the criticisms here, but those posters do not offer a solution - - just easy attacking a player, Coach, GM in a snap-shot of time. (Not you.)

The wise saying:

The end of a matter is better than its beginning,
  and patience is better than pride.

10 minutes ago, Zzeke said:

You are usually very sharp.

Well i feel bad now you give me more credit than i deserve.

A lot of it all is in jest...and most times just frustration. Stick around you haven't seen anything yet.

Take it all with a grain of salt. There are ebbs and flows (of mostly bourbon)ups and downs here. Just enjoy the ride.

It will be bumpy and please keep your hands and feet in till the ride comes to a complete stop.

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Prosser just had an excellent penalty kill. He is a better value than his partner.

Yes this may have worked out better than i had hoped....seems he has proven to more value than the 3 million dollar Gustafsson...fine by me...