Game 38:Flyers at Sharks 12/28/19 at 10:30 PM

OccamsRazor

Well figured i would make a thread now why i had a chance. Nice to be 3rd in the Metro at Christmas break.

SAN JOSE SHARKS (16-20-2) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (21-11-5)

Should be a good game. Hard to believe the Sharks have a record like they do when you look at their roster.

[IMG]

Jones has been their weakness since last playoff run. Not their only issue but one of them.

I hope the Flyers rest up have a good break and come out ready to get that 5th win in a row. Tough 6 game road stretch ahead. I hope it goes better than their last adventure out west.

It's a late one and i have to be up at 5 am so no way i finish this one. They are suppose to have Raffl back to and Laughton not too long after that.

Braun's first game vs his old team i hope he can make them pay like Hayes made the Rangers pay. One game at a time out west.

Image result for carter hart amazing save gif

I think Hart will be ready and waiting. Go Flyers!!!!!!

It sucks to have all these days off and no hockey to watch.

I hate the game is so late saturday night won't be able to watch but the first period.

I hope they can continue the win streak...got to have the right mindset.

Thumbnail

Just PUNISHED THAT ASS!!!!!!!! 

Flyers 5 

Sharks 3

I suspect a sluggish first after the layoff.  

The Jones-Dell duo seems to have problems.  I head an assessment on the NHL Network after the DeBoer dismissal which suggested a team with serious personnel issues outside of D.  

Statistically, we are a much better team, and Boughner is 1-4 since the change, which might confirm the analysis I heard on NHL.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/teams/SJS/2020_games.html

Based on numbers and recent play, I go with the O and B.  

Well the good news is they (Sharks) just lost to the only other team arguably worse than them last night in overtime. The Kings.

So I am hoping a rested Flyers team can come out and get a good lead and hold them off for the regulation win.

Let's go Flyers let's get the 5 wins in a row!

Well rested, confident  Flyers Vs. a tired, struggling team??...

In years past this would be the EXACT scenario for this team to do their whole "not show up, slow start, playing down to competition" thing....

Lets see if AV and Co. (plus a bunch of young hungry players) have FINALLY changed that!

LETS GO FLYERS!!! Keep winning.....It's a lot funner to watch than loosing! :)

• Like 2
  • Annoyed 1

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk - 13 Kevin Hayes - 49 Joel Farabee
21 Scott Laughton - 48 Morgan Frost - 93 Jakub Voracek
62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 5 Phil Myers

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

Power Play 1: Giroux, Couturier, JVR, Konecny, Provorov.
Power Play 2: Frost, Hayes, Voracek, Gostisbehere, Niskanen.

Scratches: 8 Robert Hägg (healthy), 10 Andy Andreoff (healthy), 44 Chris Stewart (healthy)
LTIR: 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL, out for season), 23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing sarcoma, out for season), 12 Michael Raffl (broken right pinkie finger), 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines)

SHARKS

9 Evander Kane - 39 Logan Couture - 23 Barclay Goodrow
28 Timo Meier - 48 Tomas Hertl - 62 Kevin Labanc
20 Marcus Sörensen - 19 Joe Thornton - 12 Patrick Marleau
68 Melker Karlsson - 46 Joel Kellman - 11 Stefan Noesen

4 Brenden Dillon - 88 Brent Burns
44 Marc-Edouard Vlasic - 65 Erik Karlsson
51 Radim Simek - 38 Mario Ferraro

31 Martin Jones
30 Aaron Dell

Power Play 1: Kane, Couture, Hertl, Karlsson, Burns
Power Play 2: Meier, Thornton, Labanc, Marleau, Ferraro

Scratches: 40 Antti Suomela (healthy), 72 Tim Heed (healthy)
IR: 5 Dalton Prout (upper body)

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

I don't know of it's jet lag or incompetence but our mistakes and turnovers make SJ look like Stanley Cup contenders.

Wow glad i didn't stay up to watch that sh it fest...so much for a 5 game win streak. I didn't even watch the highlights lowlights.

I guess they just need to burn that tape....looks like they still have traits of the old Flyers in them...rested and playing a struggling team who just got beat by the 2nd worst team the night before.

Way to start off the 6 game road trip...it isn't going to get an easier than last was suppose to be.

As i said i can't and won't comment about the game because i didn't watch....thankfully.

19 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

In years past this would be the EXACT scenario for this team to do their whole "not show up, slow start, playing down to competition" thing....

Lets see if AV and Co. (plus a bunch of young hungry players) have FINALLY changed that!

Look like that is a big fat NO.......same stink on this club....when does it change??

• Sad 1

Not a good start to the game when the first two goal given up where to guys getting their first NHL goals.

Ghost -4....ooooch bro. Flyers outhit 31 to 14 (NAK lead the team with 4) had something to do with it.

They need to forget this one quick Ducks are next...it safe to same Hart just wasn't up for the task but might not have gotten any help.

Maybe some unfortunate soul who watched this can shed some light on the issues with this game.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers outhit 31 to 14 (NAK lead the team with 4) had something to do with it.

NAK had a terrible turnover 40 seconds after the Flyers cut it to 3-1 to give SJS a 4-1 lead and take any wind out of their sails.

That outweighs his 4 "hits" in every conceivable way.

SJS had something to prove. The Flyers looked like they expected an easy game and paid the price for it.

Team needs a mentality that there are no easy games.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, radoran said:

NAK had a terrible turnover 40 seconds after the Flyers cut it to 3-1 to give SJS a 4-1 lead and take any wind out of their sails.

That outweighs his 4 "hits" in every conceivable way.

SJS had something to prove. The Flyers looked like they expected an easy game and paid the price for it.

Team needs a mentality that there are no easy games.

Yeah he has played 5 games he is going to make mistakes while learning.

If you want to place some blame ( it would have been nice if Ghost breaks up the 2 on 1 pass instead of doing his Andrew Macdonald on that) I had some time to watch the game clips.

Oooof Carter Hart shat the bed big time in that game yikes.

Man he has to learn to pay better on th road if they are to be taken seriously.

The Sharks were 1-8-2 over their previous 11 games.

And when we're looking at a 4th line player and placing blame for some of the loss well there is a problem right there.

Didn't see much at all from the stars in those clips that looked very good.

And WTF was Ivan doing at the blueline flat footed and swiping at with his stick there on the first goal.

One thing is for certain this team will go as far as Hart will lead them (I haven't given up on Giroux doing that anymore) 2-7-1 on the road isn't cutting it. -24 goal differential on the road is very ugly.

They need to learn how to fix this fast.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah he has played 5 games he is going to make mistakes while learning.

If you want to place some blame ( it would have been nice if Ghost breaks up the 2 on 1 pass instead of doing his Andrew Macdonald on that) I had some time to watch the game clips.

Oooof Carter Hart shat the bed big time in that game yikes.

Man he has to learn to pay better on th road if they are to be taken seriously.

The Sharks were 1-8-2 over their previous 11 games.

And when we're looking at a 4th line player and placing blame for some of the loss well there is a problem right there.

Didn't see much at all from the stars in those clips that looked very good.

And WTF was Ivan doing at the blueline flat footed and swiping at with his stick there on the first goal.

One thing is for certain this team will go as far as Hart will lead them (I haven't given up on Giroux doing that anymore) 2-7-1 on the road isn't cutting it. -24 goal differential on the road is very ugly.

They need to learn how to fix this fast.

if hart cant get done, they have look into another goalie and just have hart be the backup until he can figure it out, he's too inconsistent, elliot doesnt cut it either.

Edited by tucson83

25 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

if hart cant get done, they have look into another goalie and just have hart be the backup until he can figure it out, he's too inconsistent, elliot doesnt cut it either.

He's literally the youngest goalie in the NHL. On an inconsistent team. Yet HE should be the rock? The kid has been incredibly good most of the time. And more consistent than JVR or  Voracek, or Ghost or Braun, , or...actually, they've been consistently worse than Hart.

• Like 1