Game 35: Sabres at Flyers: 12/19/19 @ 7

Howie58

Nice to get the win last night. Didn't get to watch the whole game.

11 different players with a point. The Katalyst with three assist. JVR with two goals?? Wow he is going for the scoring title now.

Very sound game from Hart to bad Jake has to take that dumbass penalty there and cost him his shutout. Why Jake just float the game like you had been doing.

It is looking like a down year for Coots i'm thinking he still isn't healthy only 1 goal the last 9 games.

Hart 941% last night runs his total to 12-7-0-3 2.33gaa  912% on the season. 10-1-2 1.53 gaa at home this year.

To bad Eichel had the Philly flu and couldn't play to validate his game.

Sadly Canes won so no movement in the standings from the win.

Flyers have earned a point in 16 out of their 18 home games.

Provorov had 12 power play points (two goals, 10 assists) over his first three seasons.

In 35 games this season, Provorov has 11 man advantage points (five goals, six assists).

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Very sound game from Hart to bad Jake has to take that dumbass penalty there and cost him his shutout. Why Jake just float the game like you had been doing.

good grief get up off the guy - it's a 6-1 win. 

I'd like to point out that Jake has been a guy to stand up for his mates this season;  in addition to being tied for 3rd on the team in scoring. This is despite the fact that he is apparently a brain-dead, floater. 

You're always going to see 8.2 aav and hate the guy I know, however he is 24th in points with 450 over the last decade and ESPN has voted him the 69th best player of the last 10 years... He doesn't suck. 

In fact it think it's awesome a Flyer is 69  *12 year old chuckle*

36 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

good grief get up off the guy

I can't not when I see what he does out there nightly...a stupid penalty like that was totally uncalled for. So it was 6-1.

Big f**king deal I have seen him cost them goals and games with his head up his ass play.

Is he playing better sure of course he had no where to go but up.

If you want to give him a pass then by all means do but that will not hold the same for me.

He is one of the leaders of this team who is getting paid to perform as such and last nights bone head play in a nut shell is what you get from him.

Maybe if he would score more often then we could just let that slide but he is who he is.

So I will continue to put him on blast like anyone else.

So carry on.

38 minutes ago, brelic said:

Why won't Pittsburgh die? Is it too much to ask?

The 3 game losing streak out West hurt them bad.

It is very hard to move up in the standing where they are currently at they are surrounded by good teams it will be like that the rest of the year.

It's why you can't afford to lose multiple games in a row. 

You can maybe drop one here or there but otherwise they have to collect as many points as they can and I know you know this just stating the obvious if they want to make the playoffs they have to win.

No time for losers.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

EMMrXPVW4AMhfOP.jpg

Congratulations to James Van Riemsdyk for scoring two goals to make 1st star, including an unprecedented 6th goal in a 6-1 win for the third time in a couple weeks....and of which neither goal he actually meant to score, as they both went off skates. 

Mr. Clutch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

One guy I would love to see more offense from is Travis Sanheim....will his offense NOT translate to the NHL?

I mean the soon to be 24 year old in 166 games only has 55 points.

Not exactly where I thought he would be by this age.

So I guess I'm still waiting...

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

One guy I would love to see more offense from is Travis Sanheim....will his offense NOT translate to the NHL?

Not exactly where I thought he would be by this age.

So I guess I'm still waiting...

He's really just entering his NHL years as a defenceman. Look at guys like Duncan Keiths development...they were around the same area at this age, then exploded a round 25/26/27

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

What @flyercanuck said but also, I've noticed when Sanheim does go offensive his head isn't up.  I've watched him blow past nearly everyone on the ice driving behind the net, but not seeing a pass or making a play several times this year. I hope this is a "confidence" thing, he's got the wheels and handle to make plays in the offensive zone he just needs to see the ice a little better.

I wouldn't mind it if he would shoot more too, he's got a heavy shot that even as a skinny 22 year old overwhelmed NHL goalies. I hope his potential is realized, it seems like there is some "there" there.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Pitlick and JVR on the same line is a pretty hefty duo. It looked like they were muscling through the Buffalo D almost at will.  Neither dude is graceful.  But they might make for a tough combo.  

I'm gonna beat @flyercanuck to it, and say JVR and "tough" in the same sentence is an absolute howler.

But more seriously, your post suggests that, despite the changes in the game, it's still a game of men, and big men, moving fast and banging things, is still a key part of the game, especially at playoff time.

• Like 2