Game 33: Flyers vs Ducks 12/17/19 at 7 PM

OccamsRazor

18 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I've got the Anaheim feed tonight.  They said it was a direct head shot and NAK left his feet.  They think the DoPS should look at it.

Looks to me his lead foot is on the ice his trailing foot comes up. That isn't a penalty or anything to worry about.

Looks fine to me....but he is wearing Flyer colors.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

4-1

Back in the win column....bring on the Sabres!!!!!!!!

Are we winning the Cup again now?

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
10 Andy Andreoff - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 48 Morgan Frost - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
72 David Kase - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 44 Chris Stewart

Those are absolutely ugly lines, by the way.   I didn't get to see the game so no idea what they actually looked like on the ice, but on paper that's sick.  And not in a good way.

Edited by ruxpin

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Are we winning the Cup again now?

Got to beat the Sabres first....then it's the Cup.

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Those are absolutely ugly lines, by the way. 

Yeah on paper not so hot. The kids played well Ka$e, NAK and Vorobyev.

JVR and Hayes didn't do much of anything. Those lines weren't how they came out.

Ka$e and Jake looks solid between Frost. Giroux, Coots and TK carried them.

Frost and NAK were solid and JVR was the boat anchor on that line.

So with all the kids and a few passengers i'll take it. NAK was very physical out there...taking the body every chance he had.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good win. They needed that. 

Really impressed with NAK’s game tonight. If he keeps playing like this, he has my vote to stay. Brought some sandpaper. 

Hart was great. The big boys stepped up. Nice to see. 

Go Phantoms!

7 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Observations:

1) Lots of empty seats

2)Kase works

3)JVR is getting opportunities but finishing seems limited

4) Hart is a rock, particularly at WFC

Especially the empty seats!!!  It looked very obvious with the I fight for Oskar signs taped on the backs.

• Like 1

Just now, CoachX said:

I dont know, there was that play where he got the puck at center ice, inexplicably skated back into his own zone, only to turn it over for a acoring chance coming out of the zone

It was very Voracekesque. Maybe Jake is his mentor now

LOL. Seriously, they are both just lost.

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Those are absolutely ugly lines, by the way. 

28 14 11 was really good last year until coach block-head moved G back to center because "reasons".

The rest of it is a bunch of unknowns, surrounded by question marks, shrouded in mystery anchored by an apparent dumbass and lazy floater.

Andreoff on the 2nd line means it's time to send lawyers, guns and money... though doesn't it ?

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Seriously, they are both just lost.

I could live with lost if he scored like Jake did last....score a goal a game and skate in circles for all i care for the other 59 minutes but for the love of God DO SOMETHING USEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! Not you....Jake and JVR.

We already know you won't do anything useful. :hehe:

Fly Eagles Fly!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Andreoff on the 2nd line means it's time to send lawyers, guns and money... though doesn't it ?

I don't remember him on the 2nd line.

He was only out there on the 4th between Vorobyev and Stewart (5:10), only 6:42 minutes across three period for ok by me he brings a solid grinding game and isn't a liability out there.

I notice him in a more positive way than Stewart.

What is the travesty is i noticed Ka$e (10:56) NAK (14:27) and Misha (11:02) way more than you notice JVR who got 18:17 of time out there.

Ka$e between Frost and Jake was actually noticeable in a good way....and you have to be impressed with Jake's pass into the net (not sure how that thing got between him and and the guy he was passing to) but it was a score none the less.

JVR not scoring bring absolutely nothing of value to this team except showing all the kids how to chew on your mouth guard between plays.

Biggest thing is they got a win but no movement in the standings. This is why every win and point matters they will basically be locked in a race with the Canes, Pens and Leafs the rest of the season.

Keep the wins coming Sabres are next on deck.

Wow are the Flyers going to fix their putrid power play....17.8 is not very impressive with the current personnel.

Not sure how they can turn it around expect try different players on it. They need to find a way.

I think they could actually hold onto the 3rd seed if they ever get it again if they can solve this major flaw. 

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

Wow are the Flyers going to fix their putrid power play....17.8 is not very impressive with the current personnel.

Not sure how they can turn it around expect try different players on it. They need to find a way.

I think they could actually hold onto the 3rd seed if they ever get it again if they can solve this major flaw. 

Need more movement, more rotation. Is JVR still on it? Get him off it.

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

Is JVR still on it? Get him off it.

Yes he is. Doing zero out there. Hell the Flyers can barely even get it in the offensive zone and then when they do they just pass pass pass.

If they don't ever shot it then he really can do his one and only job around the net. It is very sad this whole group.

It isn't helping the team much when they themselves don't stay out the box 5 penalties really break the flow of the game up.

Even shot deflection goals are down to only 8.7% which is only good for 21st. But hard to deflect shots when you don't shoot this puck.

It will help a lot to get Laughton and Raffl back, can't understate  how important these two are in their roles. I mean Scotty has actually played his best hockey of his career on the 3rd line before the injury...it takes a lot of pressure off the rest of the club.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah, they need different players on the PP.   I haven't actually been able to see the past couple games, but if JVR and Jake are still out there on the powerplay, that's a large part of the issue.  I know that's where you want to try to get them going, but put some others out there and see what happens.