Game 33: Flyers vs Ducks 12/17/19 at 7 PM

OccamsRazor

Flyers have to find a way to get back to winning and stop this slide. Points are slipping away.

Some good news i hope. Wins now are just as important as when March rolls around. 

Image result for flyers goal vs ducks gifs

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
10 Andy Andreoff - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 48 Morgan Frost - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
72 David Kase - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 44 Chris Stewart

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hägg

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

Power Play 1: Giroux, JVR, Couturier, Voracek, Gostisbehere
Power Play 2: Hayes, Frost, Vorobyev (?), Provorov, Niskanen

Scratches: 21 Scott Laughton (groin), 18 Tyler Pitlick (concussion).
NHL Suspension: 49 Joel Farabee (game 1 of 3).
LTIR: 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL, out for season), 23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing sarcoma, out for season), 12 Michael Raffl (broken right pinky finger), 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines)

DUCKS

29 Devin Shore - 15 Ryan Getzlaf - 29 Ondrej Kase
67 Rickard Rakell - 14 Adam Henrique - 33 Jakob Silfverberg
53 Max Comtois - 34 Sam Steel - 61 Troy Terry
20 Nicolas Deslauriers - 38 Derek Grant - 24 Carter Rowney

47 Hampus Lindholm - 42 Josh Manson
4 Cam Fowler - 6 Erik Gudbranson
32 Jacob Larsson - 44 Michael Del Zotto

36 John Gibson
30 Ryan Miller

Power Play 1: Henrique, Getzlaf, Terry, Fowler, Kase
Power Play 2: Rakell, Grant, Comtois, Lindholm, Silfverberg

Scratches: 5 Korbian Holzer (healthy), 39 Sam Carrick (healthy)
IR: 37 Nick Ritchie (sprained left MCL)

‘This was the best day.’ Oskar Lindblom visits Flyers teammates after cancer diagnosis

Oskar Lindblom, left, took a photo with fellow Swede and good friend Robert Hägg before the Flyers' morning skate Tuesday.

https://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/flyers/2019/12/17/this-best-day-oskar-lindblom-visits-flyers-teammates/2675580001/

“It’s been tough. It’s been a tough week. A 23-year-old kid,” president and general manager Chuck Fletcher said, getting choked up. “It’s been tough for all of us. Today I think was great because he left Denver and probably didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to everybody there before he left. Everyone’s concerned. This transcends hockey. He’s here, getting great care. I suspect our energy level will be pretty good here.”

“It was great to see him again,” captain Claude Giroux said. “I don’t…it was kind of emotional to see him again.

“It was a bad week, physically, mentally. Anything that could have went wrong, went wrong.”

Fletcher didn’t want to say whether doctors thought they caught it early or not.

“I can’t really comment on the process out of respect to Oskar and his privacy rights,” Fletcher said. “I can just tell you it was great to see him today. His teammates care deeply about him and as an organization we’ll do whatever we can to help him. There’s some pretty good energy in the room today and I think that’s in large part to seeing Oskar.

“Felt that it was important for him and especially important for his teammates to see him. He’s got a tremendous amount of support obviously from his family but from his extended family, the Flyers players, their wives and the coaches and their wives, the great fans we have here in Philly and across the States that are gonna support him. Hockey’s a real strong and real good community and Oskar is a real good and real strong person. He is gonna be around. He’s gonna be back as soon as he possibly can.”

“In the last week since Denver, since we found out that day we arrived in Denver, this was the best day internally with how we feel, to see (Lindblom) smiling,” Vigneault said. “Just to tell you a little bit — I don’t know if TK shared this with you — just to tell you the type of person Oskar is, when we got back here, with everything going on, he texted TK to find out how his head was going because of the concussion. That’s just the type of young man we have. Strong. He’s like hockey community. He’s gonna have a lot of support and he’s gonna get through this.”

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyers have to find a way to get back to winning and stop this slide. Points are slipping away.

Some good news i hope. Wins now are just as important as when March rolls around. 

Image result for flyers goal vs ducks gifs

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
10 Andy Andreoff - 13 Kevin Hayes - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 48 Morgan Frost - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
72 David Kase - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 44 Chris Stewart

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hägg

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

Power Play 1: Giroux, JVR, Couturier, Voracek, Gostisbehere
Power Play 2: Hayes, Frost, Vorobyev (?), Provorov, Niskanen

Scratches: 21 Scott Laughton (groin), 18 Tyler Pitlick (concussion).
NHL Suspension: 49 Joel Farabee (game 1 of 3).
LTIR: 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL, out for season), 23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing sarcoma, out for season), 12 Michael Raffl (broken right pinky finger), 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines)

DUCKS

29 Devin Shore - 15 Ryan Getzlaf - 29 Ondrej Kase
67 Rickard Rakell - 14 Adam Henrique - 33 Jakob Silfverberg
53 Max Comtois - 34 Sam Steel - 61 Troy Terry
20 Nicolas Deslauriers - 38 Derek Grant - 24 Carter Rowney

47 Hampus Lindholm - 42 Josh Manson
4 Cam Fowler - 6 Erik Gudbranson
32 Jacob Larsson - 44 Michael Del Zotto

36 John Gibson
30 Ryan Miller

Power Play 1: Henrique, Getzlaf, Terry, Fowler, Kase
Power Play 2: Rakell, Grant, Comtois, Lindholm, Silfverberg

Scratches: 5 Korbian Holzer (healthy), 39 Sam Carrick (healthy)
IR: 37 Nick Ritchie (sprained left MCL)

Looking at the Flyes lineup makes me want to change the channel. Maybe Ill check out the Hallmark channel

10 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

flyers might wanna pare down the "win a game for oskar" to "win a period for oskar"

I disagree.  They need to pare it up (if that makes any sense) and try to win EVERY game for Oscar.  If it motivates them to give 100% every game, then I'm good with it.

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Shout out by NAK for getting the check of the game!!!!!!

He has literally finished every check tonight....he is Old School Flyer hockey!!!!!! I miss those days!!!!!!

I've got the Anaheim feed tonight.  They said it was a direct head shot and NAK left his feet.  They think the DoPS should look at it.

1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

They said it was a direct head shot and NAK left his feet.  They think the DoPS should look at it.

Nope. Not surprised though.

I should add that his trailing foot was still on the ice. 

However he does play for the Flyers so 10 games.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Can't believe NAK got a penalty on that...he was checking the guy and it ended up being knee on knee.

Yeah i can he wears Orange and Black who am i kidding. Guys has been on a mission to bring old school Flyer hockey back to Philly.

#finishyourcheckbro