Game 17: Flyers at Bruins 11/10/19 7pm

OccamsRazor

About as tough a back to back as you can ask for.

I hope Hart is ready for the task. I expect the only thing to change is the goalie.

FLYERS

25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 49 Joel Farabee
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
81 Carsen Twarynski - 13 Kevin Hayes - 92 Jakub Voracek
10 Andy Andreoff - 12 Michael Raffl - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers

79 Carter Hart
[37 Brian Elliott]

Power Play 1: Giroux, JVR, Farabee, Provorov, Voracek
Power Play 2: Couturier, Lindblom, Konecny, Gostisbehere, Niskanen

Scratches: 8 Robert Hägg (healthy), 44 Chris Stewart (healthy), 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL).
Injured reserve: 21 Scott Laughton (broken right index finger)
Injured non-roster: 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines)

BRUINS

63 Brad Marchand - 37 Patrice Bergeron - 88 David Pastrnak
22 Peter Cehlarik - 46 David Krejci - 43 Danton Heinen
10 Anders Björk - 13 Charlie Coyle - 19 Zach Senyshyn
18 Brett Ritchie - 52 Sean Kuraly - 14 Chris Wagner

33 Zdeno Chara - 75 Connor Clifton
48 Matt Grzelcyk - 73 Charlie McAvoy
47 Torey Krug - 25 Brandon Carlo

40 Tuukka Rask
41 Jaroslav Halak

Power Play 1: Marchand, Bergeron, Pastrnak, Heinen, Krug.
Power Play 2: Cehlarik, Krejci, Coyle, Grzelcyk, McAvoy.

Scratches: 43 Steve Kampfer (healthy), David Backes (upper body, day-to-day), 74 Jake DeBrusk (lower body, day-to-day).
Injured reserve: 20 Joakim Nordström (elbow, close to activation), 26 Pär Lindholm (upper body, close to activation), 27 John Moore (shoulder), 81 Anton Blidh (shoulder), 83 Karson Kuhlman (fractured tibia), 86 Kevan Miller (knee).

Go Flyers let's keep this thing going. Win this and you take 3rd seed in Metro. 

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

10 Andy Andreoff - 12 Michael Raffl - 18 Tyler Pitlick

This sounds funny, but I've come to the stage of my career as a Flyer fan where looking forward to watching those 3 is the highlight of my day. What a time to be alive.

Seriously, if Andreoff can put together a couple more games like that he can lock up a spot. I thought he was very good last night.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

This sounds funny, but I've come to the stage of my career as a Flyer fan where looking forward to watching those 3 is the highlight of my day. What a time to be alive.

Seriously, if Andreoff can put together a couple more games like that he can lock up a spot. I thought he was very good last night.

I know it's only the 4th and a game should not count on a line playing 10 minutes a night but it is the purpose to grind the other team down and give the rest of the team a rest and when doing that not hurting the team.

Didn't watch last night's game but it was what i have been reading of their effectiveness.

Here is the team Andreoff can drop the gloves and fight pretty well which i wasn't even aware of till last night i did some research.

I have to say the guy can scarp and with this it means when Laughton is ready someone will have to get waived and well it seems that guy will be Stewart since Andreoff can defend his teammates and play the 3th line role better than Stewie.

So i think Laughton Andreoff Raffl will be the eventually 4th line. 

If it balances the other lines out that is a good thing. Which brings us to the team's biggest issue.

WTF do we do with Jake Voracek....it seems obvious he just doesn't belong anymore and should be sent packing.

I am hopeful that Chuckles can move him for something useful even if it's at the deadline.

It is clear to me AV is not a fan...finally a coach who will hold this bum accountable...

Some good news...

This is the way it's supposed to be natural progression....so will he make Braun expendable?? Or is he needed for a eventual playoff stretch run...i think Braun might bring more value with the team than traded. My 2 cents.

41 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

me too, kind of reminded me of a less talented version of Team Canada fixture Kris Kunitz.

Seems to have good speed, he brings a load when he hits and doesn't seem stupid. 

Not seeming stupid, now that's an important quality that I think our bottom six has lacked for some time.

I thought Pitlick played his best game as a Flyer last night too...that line was good.

Raffl can really affect play with his speed, reach and he's got some toughness too. He was a pretty good find IMO. So while he might not be excited to play less minutes as a 4th liner, he's been very good when he's been on the ice.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Some good news...

This is the way it's supposed to be natural progression....so will he make Braun expendable?? Or is he needed for a eventual playoff stretch run...i think Braun might bring more value with the team than traded. My 2 cents.

Why trade Braun? He’s better than any other option we currently have for a #6.

I really like Myers. I did notice a few times last night that he got caught pinching. It didn’t lead to a goal against but I think that’s the kind of stuff they wanted him to get better at reading when they sent him down. He’ll get better at picking his spots over time, but overall, he’s definitely a net positive for the Flyers. 

Myers made the exact same play behind the net (back pass to the front of his own net) that Provy did, except Myers’ didn’t result in a turnover. Just bad luck on Provy’s part, but also he chose to do it late in a tie game. 

As for Jake, I don’t know where he fits. Obviously he can be productive, warts and all. So it’s important that AV finds the best place for him to contribute positively. I don’t think 3rd line with Hayes and Twarynski is it. 

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

If I believe the pundits, Boston's bottom 9 is having troubles.  If we neutralize Pastrnak and colleagues, our bottom 9 should outperform.  I hope last night's game doesn't leave them drained.  

Let's hope the Flyers can solve the Bruins goalies in games pasted they have frustrated the Flyers.

Make the shots count on these guys i say.

Team Ranks

Goals For

Philadelphia

14th
Boston

6th

Goals Against

Philadelphia

12th
Boston

2nd

Power Play %

Philadelphia

7th
Boston

1st

Penalty Kill %

Philadelphia

9th
Boston

11th

Penalty Mins

Philadelphia

6th
Boston

25th

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

That Oskar kid isn't too bad either...

i think Oskar is the most impressive of the young kids mainly compared to his draft position. He’s a 5th round gem. 

Myers is also super impressive for an undrafted guy. He honestly could end up the best of the bunch. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brelic said:

I don’t think 3rd line with Hayes and Twarynski is it. 

Then where then there is no where else for him to go.

In the last 5 games he does have 3 assist but also is -2....guy is very frustrating....and has taken Mcdud's spot as the new whipping boy.

So that is his value to the team then...whacking away!!!!!

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Let's hope the Flyers can solve the Bruins goalies in games pasted they have frustrated the Flyers.

Make the shots count on these guys i say.

Team Ranks

Goals For

Philadelphia

14th
Boston

6th

Goals Against

Philadelphia

12th
Boston

2nd

Power Play %

Philadelphia

7th
Boston

1st

Penalty Kill %

Philadelphia

9th
Boston

11th

Penalty Mins

Philadelphia

6th
Boston

25th

BUMP. I now i posted these metrics but it looks like the Bruins are really better is every category.

So hopefully the Flyers can get some puck luck to win.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

WTF do we do with Jake Voracek....it seems obvious he just doesn't belong anymore and should be sent packing.

I am hopeful that Chuckles can move him for something useful even if it's at the deadline.

It is clear to me AV is not a fan...finally a coach who will hold this bum accountable...

If i knew the answer to that I wouldn't be sitting here in Wpg watching the snow blow around.

Jaroslav Halak in net tonight confirmed.

Philadelphia Flyers at Boston Bruins

Nov. 10, 2019 | 7:00 pm EST
philadelphia-flyers.svg-1.5 (-132)
dfo-confirm-check.svg Confirmed

11/09/19, 5:47 pm EST

Hart-Carter-2_PHI_.png

Hart will start Sunday in Boston.

Source: Mark Masters

draft-kings-logo-d918238f1a1b005ca4f209aa628a9fa3c66f32bf069e7291a1a01ea3808ab37e.png

5-3-1 W-L | 2.82 GAA | 0.889 SV% | 1 SO

Halak-Jaroslav_3_.png
dfo-confirm-check.svg Confirmed

11/07/19, 2:58 pm EST

boston-bruins.svg-1.5 (119)

Halak will start Sunday vs. the Flyers.

Source: Matt Porter

draft-kings-logo-d918238f1a1b005ca4f209aa628a9fa3c66f32bf069e7291a1a01ea3808ab37e.png

4-1-1 W-L | 2.82 GAA | 0.917 SV% | 1 SO

Philadelphia Flyers at Boston Bruins

Nov. 1
Edited by OccamsRazor

Its got to be a Team game

Flyers have not done well in boston .

Need the new big boys to keep it going .

A the overpaid old timers to pitch when they can .

Flyers ...... 4

bruins ........2

Lets Go Flyers,.;.

Edited by intheslot
added letters

Tonight's game could feature 20 players who have graduated from the collegiate ranks... The Bruins lead all NHL teams with 12 players on their roster to have played in college, which leads all NHL teams, including three from the local Boston area (Coyle, Grzelcyk & McAvoy: Boston University)... The Flyers have eight players on their roster, who have played college hockey, including three that have played locally in the Boston area (Farabee: Boston University, Hayes: Boston College, Braun: University of Massachusetts-Amherst).

FLYERS (G: #79 - Carter Hart)

Hart will make his fourth start in the last five games - he is 3-0-0 in his last three contests, posting a 1.84 goals-against average and .929 save percentage - and he is one of four goalies in the NHL 3-0-0 or better in November... Hart also has an unbeaten record against the Bruins, going 2-0-0 in his young career with a 2.44 GAA and .925 save percentage.

BRUINS (RW: #88 - David Pastrnak)

Pastrnak is the NHL's leading goal-scorer with 15 tallies through 16 games, and is tied for the NHL lead in overall points (30)... In addition, Pastrnak has all 30 of his points after the first two games of the season and has points in 13 of his last 14 games entering tonight... Against the Flyers he averages a point per-game with 13 points (8g-5a) in 13 games.

5 hours ago, brelic said:

As for Jake, I don’t know where he fits. Obviously he can be productive, warts and all. So it’s important that AV finds the best place for him to contribute positively. I don’t think 3rd line with Hayes and Twarynski is it. 

It's a hard sell though. I think anyone watching would say both TK and Farabee have been more impressive than him by a good margin. At the moment, he really is the third RW on the team. Can't fault AV for plugging him there. Not to mention that keeps him away from top competition, which may help reduce his turnover machine tendencies.

Personally, I really like the look of Giroux/Farabee together. I think Giroux should return to the wing of course, but plop Hayes between them and that would seem like a very solid and well-rounded line. Way better imo than Giroux and Voracek, who generally play best when they're away from each other anyway.

Edited by elmatus