Who should the Flyers draft and why?

RonJeremy

Who would you guys like the Flyers to draft and why. Please fee free to leave your input...I think they should pick Matt Boldy , he is 6ft 2, and close to 200lbs so he can battle in front and on the boards. He is a finisher with a big shot ,tremendous hockey sense and the can play left or right wing. Think of his assets...shoot first,   everyone we have is always looking to pass. Ability to fight for pucks, we lose that battle every night.  Hockey sense, we have guys that make boneheaded plays constantly.  He can also play both wings, which is a big help in case we get a FA winger and when Farabee makes the team, Boldy can have a better shot down the road since he can play both sides. Unfortunately since we lost a spot in the draft I can see Vancouver stealing him. I dont want that dwarf Caufield,  we need to build a team that can go up against teams like Boston and Washington in the playoffs. We have small skill guys like Frost and Farabee, so let's get a big winger like Boldy to go along with Ratcliffe. Otherwise I would go for Kaliyev.

The best player available is up for debate, we drafted Patrick , the alleged second best available,  but Pettersen the 5th pick, so far is the best.  The 76ers are a perfect example of why sometimes you need to draft for need instead of who is rated the best. They wasted countless high first round picks on guys that didnt fit but were rated as best available and got back nothing for Noels and Okafor when they realized they were not a good fit. Had they drafted for need, like someone who can actually shoot the ball, they would be alot better.

The Flyers can take a shot and go for a goal scorer over a 2 way guy, I don't want to be the team that picks Ricci over Jagr again. Sometimes you look at your team and try to fill in a weak area to make your team more complete. 

Archived