Game 67: Flyers vs Capitals 3/6/19 at 7:30 PM

Ah, we all knew this game was coming....Elliott played like Elliott...missing two important forwards....

All I can say is I'm looking forward to a "fresh start" next year. Think where this team could have been right now had they not come out of the gate looking like utter **** and dug themselves a hole before the season even began.

I remember back in Nov-Dec I was literally not even watching Flyers games! That's freakin Crazy seeing how I pay $140 something bucks for center ice! The team was an utter disaster. Then this amazing run.....more Jeckly and Hyde from the masters of up and down play. Excpet this year instead of loosing ten straight then winning ten straight then loosing 4 then winning 4 then.....It was just loose EVERYTHING early, then come back like gangbusters in Jan/Feb! So weird....was coaching/system REALLY holding them back THAT much early this season....?!

I mean seriously, how does a team go from barely watchable to exciting, skilled and entertaining like that! Man....any kind of consistency with this team would go a LONG way.....starting in Goal.

THANK YOU CARTER HART. I really look forward to you fixing a LONG term problem here in Philly....Competent and consistent goal tending!

Rant Over....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See this is what pisses me off more about this loss than anything...here was their chance to make up ground.

The Blue Jackets got shutout by Penguins, Panthers lose in regulation too and the Canadians lost to the Sharks.

They could have taken advantage of it all......but no once again their goaltending falters when the team needs it the most especially missing injured forwards. All i can say in when Elliott is shown the door he can never say he wasn't given a chance here.

He had every opportunity and he come up small when needed most.

@OccamsRazor

RE: Elliott, most of  us seemed to know what we were getting with him. i don't recall anyone being excited when he was signed. 

He is who he is an that is a middling net minder capable of playing well in spurts.  He was never going to be "the answer".

It is tough to see the effect that mediocrity has on the rest of the team though. 

I agree with what you're saying but I'm also resigned to the fact we knew who he was when he came in.

He's a stand up dude for the most part, and I'm sure a good person, he is not a reliable starting NHL goaltender. 

He may one day make a great coach though, he knows what to do-maybe he can teach ?

41 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@OccamsRazor

RE: Elliott, most of  us seemed to know what we were getting with him. i don't recall anyone being excited when he was signed. 

He is who he is an that is a middling net minder capable of playing well in spurts.  He was never going to be "the answer".

It is tough to see the effect that mediocrity has on the rest of the team though. 

I agree with what you're saying but I'm also resigned to the fact we knew who he was when he came in.

He's a stand up dude for the most part, and I'm sure a good person, he is not a reliable starting NHL goaltender. 

He may one day make a great coach though, he knows what to do-maybe he can teach ?

Sure. Point being none of that helps them now.

Hextall should have made an attempt to sign Halak and cut bait with one of Elliott or Nevy and I am sure Halak would have taken the offer looking at who he had to unseat...one of the two clowns or Rask...I know which one he would have chose.

Hey we can always hope that Hextall did try.

However knowing how he was fine with status quo of Weise, Lehtera Mcdud, Weal   and even Murphy and Lappy, something leads me to believe nah he convinced himself they were fine in goal...even after going through the years they both had last year even.

Part of what cost him his job.

And look here we are now the mediocre mess that is known as the Philadelphia Flyers.

I just wish I could go back and not fork out the money for this season on Gamecenter.

I guess makes question my intelligence...

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I just wish I could go back and not fork out the money for this season on Gamecenter.

I guess makes question my intelligence...

Dont get down on yourself, this was the year that things were supposed to really take off.  Nobody was expecting a Cup but few expected this mess either.   I think Homer and company thought the same thing at the beginning of the season and when it got so bad so quickly Hexy paid for it with his head.

@OccamsRazor

yes, what poulin said.

There was no way to foresee all of the wackiness this season would have when in October we were all thinking, this could be pretty good.

I think with some predictable goaltending this team isn't too far off from being fun to follow again. The recent run of games proved that to me anyway.

They were undermanned against a very good Caps team that is rolling right now, they played poorly for a time, compounded by weak goals against and in 6 minutes a game that is winnable becomes a rout.  It has been this team's calling card during the bad stretches this year.

watching healthy Carter Hart gives me hope; that kid is calm, the puck hits him, when they're not he competes like crazy to keep the puck in front of him...he figures  out a way to hang on to the puck when the other team is buzzing to break the momentum...he's got "it".  He'll help immensely.

Archived