Game 77: Flyers at Stars; 3/27 @ 8:30

Howie58

Well, this is a team in progress...or something.  I don't think we have a lack of effort. But it isn't smart effort.  Talent--yes, our D is high scoring. But that is possibly out of necessity...and the reality that our young D is top-tier and our secondary lines are to be polite....tertiary. Maybe I should say, "turdiary."

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Well, this is a team in progress...or something.  I don't think we have a lack of effort. But it isn't smart effort.  Talent--yes, our D is high scoring. But that is possibly out of necessity...and the reality that our young D is top-tier and our secondary lines are to be polite....tertiary. Maybe I should say, "turdiary."

I do believe they are in progress.   Next year we will see some dead weight out of the lineup and faster product.  I really think the future is very bright but I really dont see this team contending for anything for another 3-4 years.   We are all hoping Hart will be the savior but right now he is a very promising prospect.  There are no gaurantees that he turns out to be the next Carey Price.  My only fear is Hextall decides to bring back Manning and signs another D list veteran like Weise.

If Hextall wants to state "this is a playoff team" he needs to go out and do something about the goal tending for next year.   Elliott is old and Neuvy is made of glass - very thin glass.   Stolarz is coming off a very tough injury and has not proven himself in the NHL.  There needs to be a better solution in the short term bt the pipes.  Lyon and Mrazek are not going to be the 1B you need with Elliott.  When it comes to goalie:  Hextall put himself and the team in this position and he needs to fix it.

They will have cap space so this is where I feel Hextall should be held to the fire.   He either signs players that will help or he overvalues turdiary FAs like Weise. :VeryCool:   It will be interesting....

3 minutes ago, Pucked in the head said:

Their problem is they don't know how to develop goalies..... 

Hey... there is no proof of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Oh wait....   you might be onto something.

Well, we did develop a Vezina winner!!!  Except he was traded...  

Archived