Game 61: Blue Jackets at Flyers, 2/22 @ 7

Howie58

Greetings:

Oddsshark has us as marginal favorites in this game.

https://www.oddsshark.com/nhl/columbus-philadelphia-odds-february-22-2018-869394

Scott Huntington''s piece notes this has been a home driven series.  Columbus is off a 2-1 win against NJ but lost three straight before.  Bobo is sub 2.0 GAA against his former team.  But CBJ's offense is challenged.

Wehttps://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/2-22-2018/columbus-blue-jackets-vs-philadelphia-flyers-expert-prediction-4342/

Note that Mzarek has a 2.79 GAA (1-4 W-L), against CBJ, but it's hard to say that carries over to a new team.  I agree with this piece--we have momentum, they don't.   

LGF!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUGE GAME TONIGHT!!!

giphy.gif

4 points on the line.

Flyers 7-1-2 in the last 10.

Jackets 3-6-1 Coming in off a win over the NJ Devils.

Flyers have a 7 point lead on the Jackets. Still need this win. Can tie the Pens at 74 with a win tonight.

Let's do this!!!

PROJECTED LINEUPS (Based on Tuesday/Wednesday, will be updated)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
40 Jordan Weal - 19 Nolan Patrick - 93 Jakub Voracek 
54 Oskar Lindblom - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl
15 Jori Lehterä/ 20 Tayor Leier - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 22 Dale Weise

9 Ivan Provorov - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
47 Andrew MacDonald -3 Robert Hägg
23 Brandon Manning - 3 Radko Gudas

34 Petr Mrazek
[49 Alex Lyon]

Scratches: One of 15 Jori Lehterä (illness) or 20 Taylor Leier (healthy), 39 Mark Alt (healthy), 37 Brian Elliott (IR, core muscle surgery), 30 Michal Neuvirth (lower body, out 4-6 weeks from Feb. 18), 17 Wayne Simmonds (upper-body, out 2-3 weeks from Feb. 18), 11 Travis Konecny (probable to play, lower body injury). 

BLUE JACKETS

9 Artemi Panarin - 18 Pierre-Luc Dubois - 13 Cam Atkinson 
38 Boone Jenner - 10 Alexander Wennberg - 28 Oliver Bjorkstrand 
11 Matt Calvert - 17 Brandon Dubinsky - 77 Josh Anderson 
37 Markus Hannikainen - 45 Lukas Sedlak - 29 Zac Dalpe

8 Zack Werenski - 3 Seth Jones
7 Jack Johnson - 27 Ryan Murray
4 Scott Harrington - 58 David Savard

72 Sergei Bobrovsky
[70 Joonas Korpisalo]

Scratches: 36 Jussi Jokinen (healthy), 24 Nathan Gerbe (recalled Wednesday, healthy), 44 Taylor Chorney (claimed off waivers on Wed, healthy), 46 Dean Kukan (IR, upper body), 65 Markus Nutivaara (IR, upper body), 71 Nick Foligno (IR, lower body).

Man i hope TK can go. But if he is not healthy rest him up.

Line up is subject to change.

In the event that Konecny can’t play either, the Flyers would have to make a call-up from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and place winger Wayne Simmonds on injured reserve.

My choice if it comes to that would be NAK.

TK is probably suffering from a deep tissue bruise from the shot he blocked the other night. He missed part of the game but came back and played in the third. If he can get it stretched out and warmed up pregame then he will probably play.

13 minutes ago, flyerrod said:

TK is probably suffering from a deep tissue bruise from the shot he blocked the other night. He missed part of the game but came back and played in the third. If he can get it stretched out and warmed up pregame then he will probably play.

From the look of it i don't think he plays...he look like it must be hurting him...

He took the shoot off the outside of the foot he is holding up....not good.

giphy.gif&key=4d4d303204465b1b3a23fc3475

Guess we'll see they'll have to call someone up if he can't go.

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

In the event that Konecny can’t play either, the Flyers would have to make a call-up from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms and place winger Wayne Simmonds on injured reserve.

My choice if it comes to that would be NAK.

Why would they have to call up a player? Can't they just plug Leier in there? He's already with the team.

Just now, brelic said:

Oh right. Didn't know Lehtera was questionable for tonight..., thought it was just yesterday.

I' thinking it one of those last minute wait and see type of things....no Simmer and TK that is 35 goals out for tonight.

Hard to overcome missing your 2nd and 4th goal scorers for the season out against an already stingy Bob....

Brandon Sommermann‏ 
@PSN_BSommermann
Follow Follow @PSN_BSommermann
More
Petr Mrazek will make his 1st start in a Flyers uniform tonight vs CLB. Konecny participated in morning skate. He will be a game time decision. #Flyers #FlyersTalk #LetsGoFlyers #BlueJackets

20 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Should be interesting to see how Mrazek plays tonight.   Am not crazy about Hextall giving up a draft pick, but he had no choice.

Welcome.   

He's stockpiled picks and prospects for a while now.  They are going to be in situations when it's okay to use them.  This is one of those situations.  

I don't disagree.

But call me greedy in liking lots of picks.

If they were out of the playoffs Hextall would've never made this trade.

Plus, he would've likely moved some players at the deadline who he felt wasn't part of the teams future.

21 minutes ago, Digityman said:

Welcome.   

He's stockpiled picks and prospects for a while now.  They are going to be in situations when it's okay to use them.  This is one of those situations.  

And  think when he is ready maybe at the draft he can get at least a 4th for Neuvy.

4 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

And had he not they certainly would be in a week or so, i'm happy Lyon has played better last two games but not sure if he can play every game left. Mrazek is an experienced guy who should be able to hold the fort down till Elliott can return.

3 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

I don't disagree.

But call me greedy in liking lots of picks.

Plus, he would've likely moved some players at the deadline who he felt wasn't part of the teams future.

I'm with ya on the picks...and if they were out, no, he wouldn't have made the trade. And he'd be trying to sell (it seems like a buyers market this year...too many teams trying to sell)

But Philly has been one of the hottest teams in the league for the last couple months, and they're down a handful of goalies. If he pans out, it's a good deal. If he bombs we lose a 4th. 

Welcome to the forum.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Exactly...and still have 9 picks left. 2 1st, a 2nd, a 3rd, 2 5ths, a 6th and 2 7ths....they'll be just fine.

Something tell me Ron isn't done.

I hope he's done.

Would hate to see him trade away more draft picks.

I would feel a bit different if I thought this team was a bonafide Cup contender.

I am surprised Valterri Fil is still with us.  I like the guy but he might fetch something from a contender.  I wonder if Manning would get something....agreed with Occam, I think Trader Ron isn't done.

7 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I am surprised Valterri Fil is still with us.  I like the guy but he might fetch something from a contender.  I wonder if Manning would get something....agreed with Occam, I think Trader Ron isn't done.

Hextall isn't trading away anyone now that the team is in the playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Fuzz:

Playoffs or not, VF's contract is expiring after this season:

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/philadelphia-flyers/valtteri-filppula-1684/

If we got a second or third from for him, I might pull the trigger.  I doubt he is back next year, even at a reduced salary.  He is averaging about 13+ mins a game.  He is disciplined but a wasting asset.  

4 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Fuzz:

Playoffs or not, VF's contract is expiring after this season:

http://www.spotrac.com/nhl/philadelphia-flyers/valtteri-filppula-1684/

If we got a second or third from for him, I might pull the trigger.  I doubt he is back next year, even at a reduced salary.  He is averaging about 13+ mins a game.  He is disciplined but a wasting asset.  

Totally agree.

However, do you actually think Hextall would trade away a serviceable veteran center heading into the playoffs?

23 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Agree, unless it's to upgrade the current roster for a PO run.  I said as much in a different thread.  Early February I thought Hextall should trade Filppula and Manning for anything he could get, e.g., picks.  Now, I would be reluctant to do for concern of upsetting whatever chemistry/mojo/etc. this team has.  Unless a trade would help the current roster.

Archived