Tom Wilson hits John Moore, Numbers? What Numbers?

nossagog

Hockey Forums DOPS Ruling  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Wheel of Justice, Hockey Forums Style

• Unfortunate incident
    • Just a hockey play
    • A Cheap, Dirty Play. throw the book at him Dano

Hmmm....looks very similar to the Shea Weber hit on Vladi Namestnikov a couple days back.....one where some people thought Weber's hit was 'clean'.

I thought Weber's hit saw "too much of the numbers" as well, and it was NOT a clean hit (especially since he went striding from mid ice to deliver it)...and I see the same sort of thing here.

Too much of the numbers showing, long way to go to make the hit, head first into the boards.

Bad hit, IMO, on both counts.

No penalty on this play either?

Another big problem with this one is the distance that Wilson traveled for the hit.  He didn't let up at all and got him with all the speed he had.   People will say that these hits happen all the time, but not with that force.  Could have been boarding or charging.  Personally feeling is that the DiPShits need to do something with this one. 

Tom Wilson is a punk, nothing more than, nothing less than. He targets smaller guys for hits and fights, but never goes after guys who are roughly his same size. I also blame Barry Trotz for Tom Wilson running around and acting like an idiot. Wilson will get his come uppance though. Guys like him always do.

Okay I know that there is no such thing as a hit that I don't like but c'mon, IT WAS A CLEAN BIT HARD HOCKEY PLAY. Nothing more. Moore turned and saw Wilson coming, was six inches from the boards, had the puck on his stick and was simply drilled.

This is not tiddly winks or bean bag. It is not figure skating. In Hockey you get hit. Wishing Moore a quick recovery but I loved the hit. Wish the game was still played this way.

If anything he tried to keep the hit low and the center of gravity was hips to lower back. Yeah angle of impact and numbers mean "Your face is pancake".

But I don't see this as an intentional dirty one. He could have killed him if he went high on that hit.

On December 31, 2016 at 7:52 PM, yave1964 said:

Okay I know that there is no such thing as a hit that I don't like but c'mon, IT WAS A CLEAN BIT HARD HOCKEY PLAY. Nothing more. Moore turned and saw Wilson coming, was six inches from the boards, had the puck on his stick and was simply drilled.

This is not tiddly winks or bean bag. It is not figure skating. In Hockey you get hit. Wishing Moore a quick recovery but I loved the hit. Wish the game was still played this way.

Strongly disagree.  Moore looks up to the boards for chipping the puck up.  Wilson is in his blind spot all the way.  Wilson doesn't pull up, and his shoulder hits Moore dead between the shoulder blades.   I'm not saying he was trying to kill him, but he went for a hard hit in a reckless manner that deserves punished.  

We teach bantam players that when you see the numbers that's a no go.  We reinforce that with a ten minute misconduct for doing so.  This is no different. 

3 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

If anything he tried to keep the hit low and the center of gravity was hips to lower back. Yeah angle of impact and numbers mean "Your face is pancake".

But I don't see this as an intentional dirty one. He could have killed him if he went high on that hit.

Look at the shoulder between the shoulder blades.  He did go high. 

Archived