hf101

Flyers unveil gold-accented 50th anniversary jerseys  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like them?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Plus, the words! Don't forget the words - he's got the best, the bigliest words! (not that he or his supporters can read, but I digress)

I'd comment about my reading capacity but you might be a Clinton disciple.  If I speak out against you I might commit suicide by shooting myself twice in the back of the head...  

16 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Plus, the words! Don't forget the words - he's got the best, the bigliest words! (not that he or his supporters can read, but I digress)

guy is a national disgrace... and that is saying a lot these days in ol' 'merica....

On 8/31/2016 at 1:03 PM, hf101 said:

The club unveiled new jerseys Wednesday to be worn as alternates for the upcoming season, which feature gold accents and numbers to commemorate a half-century of Flyers hockey.   Do you Like them?

Flyers fans: "Booo."  :5726ba4a2f0cc_nonono:

Flyers management: "But we need to stake our claim to a second color like every NHL team now does! That way we can sell you four different home and road jerseys that you'll have to buy."  :56ce53d1d6689_IDunnoSmiley:

16 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Buffalo-Sabres-Premier-away-Jersey.jpg

Actually, that's what the Flyers jersey will look like in three years! Just replace the blue with orange. It's predictable.

Only the Red Wings, Leafs, and Flyers have a single color in their jerseys. 

The Bruins adopted brown to go with the yellow. (Didn't work out too well, but they still did it.) The Sharks added orange to go with the teal. There are no other single color teams. I'm just curious what the Leafs and Red Wings are going to introduce as a second color (I'm guessing green for the Leafs and probably yellow or gold for the Red Wings).

Most teams start with two colors (sometimes three) and then do a complete palette change after a decade. The Sabres for example, now have blue and yellow, to go with maroon and silver. They have staked their claim to four different colors that they can break out at any time. The Penguins have the black and yellow, black and gold, blue and yellow/gold (heritage jerseys), etc.... 

:(

10 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

If I speak out against you I might commit suicide by shooting myself twice in the back of the head...  

I confess to not understanding that. At all. I didn't get much sleep, so you may have to explain.

I'm a Canadian so don't have a horse in the race. I have, however, taken to following a lot of life long Republican #NeverTrump people on the Twitter, and I take their word for it that he is not only a national disgrace, he's a disgrace to the party of Lincoln and Reagan and, most importantly, he's not a Conservative in any meaningful sense of the word. This is where you call them "cucks" I believe....

24 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I'm a Canadian so don't have a horse in the race.

:canada:

I know I mentioned this before in another thread, but the US presidential "race" takes longer to complete than it took to fight all of World War 2.

I really do find it hard to believe that the focus of an entire nation is on two people that AREN'T President instead of the one guy that is, and that it has been this way for years now. 

11 minutes ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I know I mentioned this before in another thread, but the US presidential "race" takes longer to complete than it took to fight all of World War 2.

I really do find it hard to believe that the focus of an entire nation is on two people that AREN'T President instead of the one guy that is, and that it has been this way for years now. 

Yeah it's weird for sure. I recently had knee surgery and some complications so was laid up for a couple of weeks on the couch. So I watched all of the Democrat and Republican conventions. It was an eye opener

1 hour ago, WordsOfWisdom said:

I wish I could like this several times.   Last election, election night wasn't even over and they were already in full 2016 mode.  It's ridiculous, but it's so that the 24/7 news stations continue to have ratings.   That's why we have the two most unlikeable people in the world on the finale of Survivor.  It's 100% "news" channel ratings rather than finding anyone remotely capable of doing the job.

35 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I wish I could like this several times.   Last election, election night wasn't even over and they were already in full 2016 mode.  It's ridiculous, but it's so that the 24/7 news stations continue to have ratings.   That's why we have the two most unlikeable people in the world on the finale of Survivor.  It's 100% "news" channel ratings rather than finding anyone remotely capable of doing the job.

I wish your country well. I really, really do, because it affects us hosers up here directly. 

37 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

And we apologize in advance....

It's very scary down here.  

Cheers. I always think of the Ginsberg line: "America, when will you be worthy of your one million Trotskyites?" 

When indeed.

12 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I confess to not understanding that. At all. I didn't get much sleep, so you may have to explain.

I'm a Canadian so don't have a horse in the race. I have, however, taken to following a lot of life long Republican #NeverTrump people on the Twitter, and I take their word for it that he is not only a national disgrace, he's a disgrace to the party of Lincoln and Reagan and, most importantly, he's not a Conservative in any meaningful sense of the word. This is where you call them "cucks" I believe....

Mess just jabbing at your anti-Trump comment.  It's a running thing here that everyone that goes against the Clintons does a mysterious death.  Hence the suicide with TWO shots to the back of the head ;) 

22 hours ago, Podein25 said:

you can also not like a candidate without being a "disciple" of the other candidate...

Archived