hf101

Flyers unveil gold-accented 50th anniversary jerseys  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Like them?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Season ticket holders get a free jersey, right?  So, is it a jersey per person/ticket holder, or a jersey per seat?  So if I buy 4 seats, do I get 4 jerseys?  Just curious....

Why are they punishing people for being STHs?

2 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Why are they punishing people for being STHs?

I'll take it one step further .... why punish the TV viewing audience?  Unless of course they are Cap / Pens fans then let them suffer. :5726ba4ad74b2_blowingakiss:

16 hours ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Season ticket holders get a free jersey, right?  So, is it a jersey per person/ticket holder, or a jersey per seat?  So if I buy 4 seats, do I get 4 jerseys?  Just curious....

1 jersey per account.

I just want to know what color blind, fashion challenged dumb ass was put in charge of it. It's just garish and ugly.

I guarantee you I'll notice it all year. It'll bother the crap out of me. Not all game, mind you. I *think* the hockey will take over early each game and I won't focus on the fact Elton John vomited on the Flyers jerseys. But at the start of every home game I'll be annoyed with thoughts of "why do they keep allowing Lauren Hart to kill my ears with her off pitch singing;" "why do they keep playing that damn video? Let the dead woman rest!" and "who let Brian Boitano design these hideous uniforms!" Probably the same person/people that come up with their stupid slogans each season. They should just come up with an orange narcissist mascot to Make the Flyers Great Again.

Once the game starts, the mind will shift to "why is Matt Read on the ice?" and "Michael Raffl does not belong on the top line!" and "damn, I'm out of beer." The sweater sucks, though.

On 9/1/2016 at 9:36 AM, mojo1917 said:

the third sweater with the cream black and antique orange was great.  

I pray to the baby jesus it makes a comeback. 

I have a hoodie with those colours, it's awesome. It has a old time hockey patch at the bottom with a nhl Vintage tag also....thinking of making it a Provorov tribute, just want to make sure he keeps #9.

5 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Who was the marketing genius who thought this up?   These will not sell....what a clusterduck. I'd be ok with the logo with gold around it...but those gold numbers...pffft, UGLY

screw the gold around anything ...if they wanted gold than an effin gold 50th anniversary patch would be the way to go.....not this crap.....

Pretty blah to me. I've never been a gold fan. Maybe a simple, small 50 on shoulders would have been sufficient. I guess they could have channeled with the California Golden Seals and had gold skates.  

https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=uniform+skates+california+golden+seals&fr=mcafee&imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fi19.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fb154%2Fspyboy1%2FTSG%20Blog%2Fseals_whiteskates.jpg#id=6&iurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamewornauctions.net%2Fimages%2Fproducts%2F5093_1970_s_californi.jpg&action=click

That would be kitsch but different.  These jerseys look infantile. 

Howie

Geez, remember all.the hoopla a few years back when the Ducks announced they were basically stealing our colours??   Don't look now, the Ducks fans may have a legit gripe...even though it's not permanent, we are coming real close to pilfering their colour scheme....yuck.

What a Mickey Mouse team we have....can you imagine Toronto, Montreal, Chicago or Detroit pulling this CRAP.....we are lame.

The only thing worse than this was the Cooperall fiasco. Still hard to believe they made Clarke wear those in the twilight of his storied career.

#clusterduck

Don't go on the Flyers Facebook page. The brain dead  inbreds that infest that place not only love this travesty, you're not a "real" fan if you criticize it. 

I hate every single one of those people. 

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Don't go on the Flyers Facebook page

I have only ever visited that place once.  Left after I got into a heated debated with one of the "inbreds" who thought both hiring of Berube and signing LVC were great for this team.  Needless to say I hate the place.  I tried directing several to this forum if they they were serious and wanted to talk real hockey.  I don't care if they are fellow Flyer fans...screw them...........

Archived