Oh Ek... you are soooo bad.

On June 11, 2016 at 9:59 PM, FD19372 said:

In a week, we'll probably start hearing Morin, Voracek and Ghost for Stamkos rumors, and then rumors all summer of him going to the other 30 teams.

I'd actually do Voracek and Morin for Stamkos

On 6/11/2016 at 1:54 PM, murraycraven said:

Reading the hockey buzz today and saw this one :

On Yakupov...

Here come the Flyers. I am hearing of a possible deal that would send Travis Sanheim plus a draft pick to Edmonton for Yakupov...Montreal is still involved...and may still be the favorite.

if this happened to turn out to be this would literally place Hextall on the Homer spectrum.  

No f'ing way this deal should even be mentioned but then again  it is Ek....

Starting to think he wrote that see what reaction he would get in this forum. :5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

On 6/11/2016 at 9:58 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Sorta like some fans round these parts who keep saying their team is gonna be good....then, six or seven years later when they finally are, they say, "See, I have been saying it all along!"....haha

That does not apply to us Wing fans, we just know every year now that we are going to stumble into the postseason a tad worse than the year before and get blown out quick enough to get on the golf course before mid April. We have no illusions, lol.

4 hours ago, eleven24 said:

We're not afraid of Stammer's injury?  doesn't it seem a little familiar?

Granted we got 5 or 6 more years before Timmo's clot became a career ender and he was pretty much at the end of it anyway, but still... It's turned me off him a little.

However.  He does have the shot we'd need. 

It'd also be a tricky deal since we'd have to sign Stamkos and then deal Jake and Morin to takers independently.

I'm okay trading Jake, his contract is too big for too long for today's NHL...  but if you replace him with Stamkos, you still have some needs in the lineup that aren't being addressed, though granted those are perhaps easier to replace.  

I'm very reticent to give up on Morin.  He's the kind of guy who will haunt you when he fills out (physically and his game) comes into his own for a different team.  

9 hours ago, eleven24 said:

Why would you do that when he's going to be a free agent and you don't have to give up anything? As well, Stamkos is not the same player he was before his injury. I take a pass on him. 

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, murraycraven said:

Reading the hockey buzz today and saw this one :

On Yakupov...

Here come the Flyers. I am hearing of a possible deal that would send Travis Sanheim plus a draft pick to Edmonton for Yakupov...Montreal is still involved...and may still be the favorite.

if this happened to turn out to be this would literally place Hextall on the Homer spectrum.  

No f'ing way this deal should even be mentioned but then again  it is Ek....

The Oilers couldn't get a second rounder for Yakupov at the trade deadline but somehow the Flyers are going to trade one of their top prospects him. Wow that's so bad. How does he even write this stuff?

If Hextall was to move Sanheim for Yak i will pissed beyond words. I really can't see this happening. I would do a 2nd and Hagg maybe...but i really really don't want any part of a self entitled Russian on the Flyers...no way it just doesn't fit with Hak's workman scheme. It would be a square peg in a round hole. Pass!

Eklund gets to an e3 on just about everything without breaking a sweat:

1) I thought this up

2) I wrote it down

3) you read it

e3!

Flyers have no need for Yakupov - at all - and they certainly aren't giving up Sanheim plus a pick to get him.

22 minutes ago, radoran said:

Eklund gets to an e3 on just about everything without breaking a sweat:

1) I thought this up

2) I wrote it down

3) you read it

e3!

Flyers have no need for Yakupov - at all - and they certainly aren't giving up Sanheim plus a pick to get him.

4) he gives the breaking news to his mom while she is in the basement doing his laundry

5) she tells him that's, "enough computer for tonight" and to shut it off!

e5!

On 6/11/2016 at 4:37 PM, OccamsRazor said:

.....but i guess what the hell we don't have anything else to talk about till the Sharks upset the Pens in their barn to win their 1st Cup to kick start the new year.

On 6/12/2016 at 9:43 AM, FD19372 said:

Isn't much to talk about??  Just think, in a couple of days we'll be talking about how the Penguins blew a 3-1 series lead and lost the Cup to the Sharks. That's a whole summer's worth of fun.  In addition, July 1st is right around the corner.

Are you guys related to Eklund?  Sure looks like the same accuracy to me...  well, except July 1st... that IS right around the corner...   ;)

11 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

Are you guys related to Eklund?  Sure looks like the same accuracy to me...  well, except July 1st... that IS right around the corner...   ;)

Hey, that's more accuracy than you could get from him. He thinks it's July 32nd.

Just now, murraycraven said:

I love it...lol.

Later RJ!   Looks like we will need a new whipping boy...  altough we still have AMac

The 2016-17 season is under way!!! Buh bye RJ!!!

Archived