How about the them Penguins!

3 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Murray has been very good. Hopefully he won't end up being a Leighton 2.0 by allowing a weak and inexplicable goal from a bad angle in Overtime of Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals. ;)

I'm with you on that one!

53 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

This has been a very tight series with each game that could have gone either way!

I think you are correct with the exception of game 3 where the Capitals did dominate the game especially later in the contest. Last evening game was a back and forth game, but once again it was won again by the stellar play by Matt Murray. You can see this 21 year old goalie is starting to frustrate the offense of the Capitals and that is not good. Holtby was also very good as well. His defense let him down on the OT goal though.

3 hours ago, MaineFlyFan said:

How bout them Pens INDEED!

Anyone? Bueller? Noganog? Polaris? Anyone?!

Yeah, sorry, ah, most of us Pens fans have actual jobs and all,  sometimes gets in the way of things. 

Was there a point to the post?   

GREAT game last night, one of the best I have watched this year. The intensity, the desperation of Washington, watching the celebration of Bonino and the relief on his face after a less than stellar season, all forgiven with one goal last night.

Rooting for your boys against Tampa. Usually I root for whoever is left in my division but the Pens have been a delight to watch this postseason, I think I am rooting for Crosby to win his second cup without reservations.

1 minute ago, yave1964 said:

GREAT game last night, one of the best I have watched this year. The intensity, the desperation of Washington, watching the celebration of Bonino and the relief on his face after a less than stellar season, all forgiven with one goal last night.

Rooting for your boys against Tampa. Usually I root for whoever is left in my division but the Pens have been a delight to watch this postseason, I think I am rooting for Crosby to win his second cup without reservations.

This actually has been the best Pens team to watch in quite some time.  The past few years we've had a disastrous bottom six that sucked the life out of the team.  This year its such a great feeling to roll four lines and not be worried about which line is on the ice.   They've out paced any expectations that I had watching them in November.  What a turnaround this has been. 

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

Yeah, sorry, ah, most of us Pens fans have actual jobs and all,  sometimes gets in the way of things. 

Was there a point to the post?   

whoa big fella....

point of my post was to stir up some hockey talk about your teams big win. Just surprised not to see a single post on the dramatic OT win when I wandered over into the Pens forum (won't make that mistake again.....) and simply made a good natured, knee jerk, post "calling out" a few of the pens screen name I could remember seeing on the flyers forum.

That was the "point" of my post.... on an internet hockey forum.... on the world wide web.....

Nice reply "moderator". Have fun at work tomorrow! 

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

You should be ashamed to call yourself a Red Wing fan!

I'm rooting for the Blues. I would love to see them win it all FAR more than to see the Pens do it. I think odds are in your favor, but I just can't pull for the Penguins.

I just can't. 

45 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

whoa big fella....

point of my post was to stir up some hockey talk about your teams big win. Just surprised not to see a single post on the dramatic OT win when I wandered over into the Pens forum (won't make that mistake again.....) and simply made a good natured, knee jerk, post "calling out" a few of the pens screen name I could remember seeing on the flyers forum.

That was the "point" of my post.... on an internet hockey forum.... on the world wide web.....

Nice reply "moderator". Have fun at work tomorrow! 

I apologize if there was a misunderstanding here.  With the small group in the forum, most poke and prod good naturedly at each other on a regular basis, specifically between the Flyers and Pens forums. I thought you were providing a good natured jab and was just saying hello with a good natured jab back. There was honestly no ill intent there. 

And work is never fun.

9 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

I'm rooting for the Blues. I would love to see them win it all FAR more than to see the Pens do it. I think odds are in your favor, but I just can't pull for the Penguins.

I just can't.

I  know Spike, but if you watch the Pens right now, they are fun to watch, pressure, always with their foot on the accelerator, the only time they ever seem to get into trouble is when they let off the gas, like I said fun team to watch. They literally go at you from the first shift to the last and seem to have found a middle ground between the high flying offense and whatever the Hell the unfortunate Mike Johnston was trying to get them to play. Just pretend you are watching someone else, and by the end of one period of Hockey you cant hardly help yourself. Good solid team effort every night with amazing motor. You know, like our Wings used to have......

9 hours ago, SpikeDDS said:

I just can't. 

The Pens will win it just for you and jagermiester. Heck, we might both of your names on the Cup just for spite!:5726b5f6e7bd6_bigteeth:

15 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I  know Spike, but if you watch the Pens right now, they are fun to watch, pressure, always with their foot on the accelerator, the only time they ever seem to get into trouble is when they let off the gas, like I said fun team to watch. They literally go at you from the first shift to the last and seem to have found a middle ground between the high flying offense and whatever the Hell the unfortunate Mike Johnston was trying to get them to play. Just pretend you are watching someone else, and by the end of one period of Hockey you cant hardly help yourself. Good solid team effort every night with amazing motor. You know, like our Wings used to have......

Thanks for trying to talk some sense into one of your fellow Wings fans!

13 minutes ago, notfondajane said:

Thanks for trying to talk some sense into one of your fellow Wings fans!

Talk some sense into me? You DO realize that @yave1964's suggestion is urging me to watch the Pens but pretend they are someone else. All I need now are some hallucinogens to assist me in that endeavor. THERE'S some sense for ya!

@yave1964

I have the ability to watch a well-played hockey game and marvel at the play while still despising some of the players. Crosby is probably the best example for me personally. I respect his drive and his ability to win, and yet completely despise his whininess and what the league has let him get away with in the past. I admit he has not been kept on the pedestal as much of late.

So, I get what you are saying. And I love to watch their games. I want the best teams to win, but I don't want the best team to be Pittsburgh.

It's odd, because my second favorite team is the TBL, yet I think STL winning the Cup would be a FANTASTIC story, and so I am actually pulling for the Blues in their series. And if the two meet in the SCFs, I'm probably going to pull for STL. I think they have what it takes to stop the Pens if they stay healthy too.

But  I'd be stupid to argue that Pens hockey isn't entertaining hockey right now. I fully agree, I just wish it was someone else. I'm pulling for Bishop to shut the door despite the onslaught.

1 hour ago, SpikeDDS said:

Talk some sense into me? You DO realize that @yave1964's suggestion is urging me to watch the Pens but pretend they are someone else. All I need now are some hallucinogens to assist me in that endeavor. THERE'S some sense for ya!

@yave1964

I have the ability to watch a well-played hockey game and marvel at the play while still despising some of the players. Crosby is probably the best example for me personally. I respect his drive and his ability to win, and yet completely despise his whininess and what the league has let him get away with in the past. I admit he has not been kept on the pedestal as much of late.

So, I get what you are saying. And I love to watch their games. I want the best teams to win, but I don't want the best team to be Pittsburgh.

It's odd, because my second favorite team is the TBL, yet I think STL winning the Cup would be a FANTASTIC story, and so I am actually pulling for the Blues in their series. And if the two meet in the SCFs, I'm probably going to pull for STL. I think they have what it takes to stop the Pens if they stay healthy too.

But  I'd be stupid to argue that Pens hockey isn't entertaining hockey right now. I fully agree, I just wish it was someone else. I'm pulling for Bishop to shut the door despite the onslaught.

And that is just it. Other than perhaps the Sharks I like every team that is still in the running right now.

When the wings moved East I adopted the Preds for a year as my West Coast team, I said then they only needed a top line center and they added one of my favorites in Johansen. So yeah, I like the Preds.

The Blues added Taresenko and quit playing dump and chase instead going after you all the time, and are playing fun hockey. They beat the Hawks at their game,and then out muscled the Stars and are damn fun to watch.

The Lightning are Stevie Y's team, AKA Detroit South Enough said, lots of fun and winning without Stamkos.

I have finally forgiven the Pens for theh 2009 SCF and can now enjoy the team, I think that the Blues/Pens would be a dream series. The Pens so far have gotten past the best goalie in the world and the best goalscorer in the world. If I were Tampa I would be very leery.

Like I said, the Sharks dont do much for me, used to like the rivalry between them and the Wings but I am not up late enough to watch them regularly out West.

So Blues/Penguins and let the sparks fly.

What I do not like is when our sport is represented by two teams that do not show all the game has to offer, such as when the Bruins and Canucks or the Devils played the Kings. The later especially was like watching paint dry. Pittsburgh at the least represents all that Hockey can be right now, and should be commmended for the right hire at Coach and tweaking the roster just so during the season. One Hell of a fun organization. I can still hate them and respect them atnd even enjoy the way they play the game at the same time. Like I said, I have even found a way to 'adopt' them after the Wings hit their tee times in Mid-April. But come October I can and will certainly go back to a healthy dislike....

Archived