The Split Medvedev Thread

ZeZel25

Something that is being missed with the Medvedev signing in its relationship to Provorov is this...Provorov is already a North American style kid and player, he's been here since he's been 14, he speaks "the english " better than i'll bet half of the people in Pennsylvania, if anything Provorov will help Medvedev with the "transition" to the North American game and life. 

I think Medvedev will most likely wind up in a top 4 roll for us.  I think we'll like him.

Something that is being missed with the Medvedev signing in its relationship to Provorov is this...Provorov is already a North American style kid and player, he's been here since he's been 14, he speaks "the english " better than i'll bet half of the people in Pennsylvania, if anything Provorov will help Medvedev with the "transition" to the North American game and life.

I think Medvedev will most likely wind up in a top 4 roll for us. I think we'll like him.

Fair points.

There is...he's better than just about any other Dman they already had on the roster when they signed him.   ;)

There you go trying to inject a logical explanation into this signing!

Hopefully he wasn't the best player in the world not playing in the NHL (ala Jiri Dopita)!

Hextall specifically said that he went after Medvedev to improve our backend speed and passing, he tried to get the other KHL young player(he signed and stayed in Russia instead) in the KHL as well, posters started to put 1 plus 3 together, not knowing what X was yet, and so followed the rolling marshmallow to where we are now.

Mr. Hextall saw the market and opted for talent in other leagues instead.

Hextall specifically said that he went after Medvedev to improve our backend speed and passing, he tried to get the other KHL young player(he signed and stayed in Russia instead) in the KHL as well, posters started to put 1 plus 3 together, not knowing what X was yet, and so followed the rolling marshmallow to where we are now.

Mr. Hextall saw the market and opted for talent in other leagues instead.

All of that makes perfect sense to me!

I don't see how Medvedev could be a mentor for Provorov.  If anything Provorov would help out Medvedev with getting accustomed to NA culture as he is already assimilated into it.  With how smart Provorov is supposed to be I could see him helping a great deal with Medvedev (assuming Provorov somehow someway made the roster).

Archived