Ehroff not likely to return to the Penguins

hf101

w640xh480_USPW_483426.jpg?ts=1424913754

The 33 year old d-man will be playing with another team next season as his home in Upper Saint Clair, PA, is up for sale. Ehrhoff played just 49 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins this past regular season. During that time he scored just three goals and 11 assists all while carrying a $4 million cap hit.

The Penguins have 4 d-men signed for next season as Paul Martin is a UFA also

Letang - Scuderi

Matta - Lovejoy

Who fills the other positions?

w640xh480_USPW_483426.jpg?ts=1424913754

The 33 year old d-man will be playing with another team next season as his home in Upper Saint Clair, PA, is up for sale. Ehrhoff played just 49 games with the Pittsburgh Penguins this past regular season. During that time he scored just three goals and 11 assists all while carrying a $4 million cap hit.

The Penguins have 4 d-men signed for next season as Paul Martin is a UFA also

Letang - Scuderi

Matta - Lovejoy

Who fills the other positions?

No surprise there.

Pouliot. Cole. Harrington. Dumoulin. 

Looks like a 'stepback' year for you guys if that's your D-corps... while they all have some good upside, Pouliot esp. looked not ready for prime time last year.

A lot of people knock Martin, but he's plugged a lot of holes for Pitts in the recent years.  His loss will be felt imo.

Erhoff and his camp are already saying they would like a return to Vancouver. This guy really blew it with his one year contract that he signed at the end of last year. I respect that he turned a longer term deal down with security for the chance to prove himself and make more in the long run, it didn't work out but hey, like I said I respect the fact that he believed in himself so much that he was willing to sign a one year deal, it just didn't work out.

Erhoff and his camp are already saying they would like a return to Vancouver. This guy really blew it with his one year contract that he signed at the end of last year. I respect that he turned a longer term deal down with security for the chance to prove himself and make more in the long run, it didn't work out but hey, like I said I respect the fact that he believed in himself so much that he was willing to sign a one year deal, it just didn't work out.

None of us hate the guy, he just didn't play enough to really see if he'd be worth pursuing  When he did play he was good for a bit, then a ghost...  hard to say what was injury and what wasn't.  And for that cap hit, good riddance.  

None of us hate the guy, he just didn't play enough to really see if he'd be worth pursuing  When he did play he was good for a bit, then a ghost...  hard to say what was injury and what wasn't.  And for that cap hit, good riddance.  

I'd take him on another 1 (maybe 2) year deal but not at $4,000,000.  You can never have too many defensemen (as we learned this year) but there's that salary cap thing to worry about.

Someone will overpay.

Someone will overpay.

AND they always will. I'm almost giggling at the notion of somebody giving Mike Green a long term 6 mill + contract. Whoever doles out that cash will regret it almost immediately. I mean the guy turns 30 in October and this is the last deal he will ever sign. It will be for 5 or 6 years....and the fan base will be looking for room to wiggle out of it with all sorts of trade scenarios before Christmas....LOL, you can just see it so clearly...this pending deal will cost some poor sap of a GM is job before he plays out even half of it. The only saving grace is the NHL will have a strike before the deal is out and will probably grant one of their famous "one time out clauses".....lol.

Before I invested in that kinda crap, I'd just go with whatever my minor league system had to offer. Green has been declining for a few years now, now we are left with an offensive defensemen who has stagnated at doing the one that that makes him useful....actually scoring points. I might add also, that OV has inflated his stats on the pp, so his new team will be staring that in the face as well....just a horrible idea to sign this guy, a GM should be fired just for thinking about it!!

AND they always will. I'm almost giggling at the notion of somebody giving Mike Green a long term 6 mill + contract. Whoever doles out that cash will regret it almost immediately. I mean the guy turns 30 in October and this is the last deal he will ever sign. It will be for 5 or 6 years....and the fan base will be looking for room to wiggle out of it with all sorts of trade scenarios before Christmas....LOL, you can just see it so clearly...this pending deal will cost some poor sap of a GM is job before he plays out even half of it. The only saving grace is the NHL will have a strike before the deal is out and will probably grant one of their famous "one time out clauses".....lol.

Before I invested in that kinda crap, I'd just go with whatever my minor league system had to offer. Green has been declining for a few years now, now we are left with an offensive defensemen who has stagnated at doing the one that that makes him useful....actually scoring points. I might add also, that OV has inflated his stats on the pp, so his new team will be staring that in the face as well....just a horrible idea to sign this guy, a GM should be fired just for thinking about it!!

This.  Unfortunately the Caps then get a whole lot better.  :blink[1]:

No surprise there.

No surprise there.

Do you let him go for nothing? I honestly think Jim would let get away for peanuts if we're Lucy!

Archived