Memories of Frankie Leroux

Polaris922

Leroux loved the game, probably stayed on as a player a few too many years, but heck, it was fun when he was on the ice.    You remember Gary Risling at all?
I remember Gary, a little , a bit of a character!

Leroux loved the game, probably stayed on as a player a few too many years, but heck, it was fun when he was on the ice. You remember Gary Risling at all?

Only from his later years in the early 80's... Was kind of a has been by then if I remember right.

Only from his later years in the early 80's... Was kind of a has been by then if I remember right.

Yeah, a classic of the "Old school hockey" days.    He was only out there for protection and to send messages.  But a crowd favorite.  They used to play the background noise from PacMan when he hit the ice.    wacca wacca wacca wacca wacca wacca

You remember Gary Risling at all?

Wasn't he an agaitator type, and a middle weight fighter.....that is what I seem to remember, a 4th line checker who did not amount to much.

Yeah, a classic of the "Old school hockey" days. He was only out there for protection and to send messages. But a crowd favorite. They used to play the background noise from PacMan when he hit the ice. wacca wacca wacca wacca wacca wacca

I forgot that! Lol. Wacca wacca wacca...

Wasn't he an agaitator type, and a middle weight fighter.....that is what I seem to remember, a 4th line checker who did not amount to much.

Yeah, I think his PIM was always greater that his TOI

Archived