pens and sens

If Mario sells the Pens ( Possible but I have a little bit of doubt) would the ice rinks in southpointe and the one being built in Cranberry go with the Pens? I find it hard to believe Mario would sell the team with all he went through for the team? Or is it that Bourke "wants out"?

Yikes. Pens snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by the looks of it. Such is the dreaded curse of the 3-0 lead...

Pens have played like that all year. They get a lead, then they change stratagy and just dump pucks out and change, dump pucks out and change.

Johnston is such a moron, this better be his one and only year.

Yikes. Pens snatched defeat from the jaws of victory by the looks of it. Such is the dreaded curse of the 3-0 lead...

3-0 lead.  The moist unsafe lead in hockey. Actually, the most unsafe lead in hockey is whatever lead the Pens have entering the 3rd period.

They lost ? Wtf? I watched about a period last night and they were completely outclassing Ottawa.

Wow

Shortie with about 5 minutes left in the 2nd.  Another :34 into the 3rd.  Another with under 2:00 to play and an empty net.  And the winner in OT.

Fugly.

It almost seems like this team quits as soon as they give up a goal and end up losing no matter how big a lead they have! I started to notice that on the last Edmonton game (though they won that game).

That is possible! And again I ask why wasn't this address earlier! This team had the division all but won midway through the season!

Because at the time they were still winning games. March changed all of that as teams ramped up trying to make the cut.

I think the secondary scoring has vanished because they're just so used to the star players carrying the load that they've gotten lazy as the year has worn them all down.

Partly, but it also the "system". Dump the pucks to corners and cycle away. If no one makes an effort to get the puck towards the net,

its not going to go in. How many times do the bottom lines get great possession time in the O zone, yet no shots.

The whole possession thing has come to and end too. We're back to area passes in the D zone and simply dumping the puck out

without regards to who gets it.

With the promise the beginning of the year had, we've turned back to the DFB system of failure. And our defense is worse from

the trades. I miss someone, ANYONE, on our defensive unit playing physical against the other team.

Archived