another afternoon game

If that happened, the Penguins haters would explode the internet.

if that happened this forum would explode...I can't even begin to fathom the carrnage which would follow.......

we may need to put you guys into a witness protection program :P

Shhhhh! We're tanking!

It looked like Pouliot really thinks you are tanking.... He looked TERRIBLE today.  During the highlights, #51 looked either responsible or just standing still during most of CBJ's goals.  Looks like he needs some more seasoning in the AHL.  Is he up just b/c of injuries??

The non playoff team with the best record still draft number one in this years draft? I believe there were changes in the draft just not sure what they are if there is any changes!

No the draft for this year is a lottery system with weighted balls depending on standings.  Team with worse record gets the most weight.

Next year there will be 3 lottery picks for the top 3 teams again with the weighted balls depending on finish.

Here is the current draft order with the odds of winning the lottery......

Buffalo Sabres  20.0%

Arizona Coyotes 13.5%

Edmonton Oilers 11.5%

Toronto Maple Leafs 9.5%

Carolina Hurricanes 8.5%

New Jersey Devils 7.5%

Philadelphia Flyers 6.5%

Columbus Blue Jackets 6.0%

Colorado Avalanche 5.0%

Dallas Stars 3.5%

Florida Panthers 3.0%

San Jose Sharks 2.5%

Winnipeg Jets 2.0%

Ottawa Senators 1.0%

It looked like Pouliot really thinks you are tanking.... He looked TERRIBLE today.  During the highlights, #51 looked either responsible or just standing still during most of CBJ's goals.  Looks like he needs some more seasoning in the AHL.  Is he up just b/c of injuries??

He would be either the bottom pair or press box meat if Letang and Ehrhoff were back.   I said this in another thread somewhere, he will be good, but he tries to do too much at this point, and today he got burned at least once on Foligno's second goal.  Trying to skate through the forecheck with no help behind. 

No the draft for this year is a lottery system with weighted balls depending on standings.  Team with worse record gets the most weight.

Next year there will be 3 lottery picks for the top 3 teams again with the weighted balls depending on finish.

Here is the current draft order with the odds of winning the lottery......

Buffalo Sabres  20.0%

Arizona Coyotes 13.5%

Edmonton Oilers 11.5%

Toronto Maple Leafs 9.5%

Carolina Hurricanes 8.5%

New Jersey Devils 7.5%

Philadelphia Flyers 6.5%

Columbus Blue Jackets 6.0%

Colorado Avalanche 5.0%

Dallas Stars 3.5%

Florida Panthers 3.0%

San Jose Sharks 2.5%

Winnipeg Jets 2.0%

Ottawa Senators 1.0%

I thought the N.H.L gave the "better" non playoff teams more weight to prevent tanking or to at least curb it down a bit! Thanks

It looked like Pouliot really thinks you are tanking.... He looked TERRIBLE today. During the highlights, #51 looked either responsible or just standing still during most of CBJ's goals. Looks like he needs some more seasoning in the AHL. Is he up just b/c of injuries??

He's great one game abysmal the next. You just never know. He's showing great promise though for his age, so you have to give him room and that means mistakes will be made.

I'm sure we'll be dealing with the same next year as Morin/Sanheim/Ghostibehere get some NHL experience.  It's just hard to take it at this time of year with so much on the line.

Anytime you have "generational talent" and the Pens in the lottery.....well, let's just say the whole scenario makes me a bit squeamish. I'd rather they made the playoffs then be able to execute their 1 or 2% chance....I don't like the rest of the leagues odds there....what Uncle Gary wants, Uncle Gary gets..... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Archived