Chris Kunitz

nossagog

@jammer2

Rutherford did well on Perron. I like Hornqvist and Spalling.

That's about all I've liked. The sooner Rutherford is gone the happier I'll be. I can't help but think the Pens are paying this moron back for the Francis trade and the Staal trade.

Comeau? Erhoff?  The recent issues on the road trip aside, I don't have an issue with most of what he's done.

We all forget they lost two key players early on in Maatta and Dupuis. A healthy Dupuis means they could bump down Kunitz if they wanted.

I definitely didn't like the Depres trade. I did like the Cole/Bortuzzo trade. Downie? Some days I like it. Some I hate it.  I definitely don't like the handling of Bennett but that's on Johnston more than Rutherford.

@Polaris922  If it came down to pure dollars, I don't think that the Pens could match the Leafs or Flyers in a bidding war. Comcast could pay him 20 mill a year and not blink.

That's assuming he wants to take over (what should be) a rebuilding project.  I think the lure of coaching Crosby would win out there.  

On top of that, do you want near complete control (if that's what the Pens offer) or do you want Holmgren/Clarke/Snider constantly looking over your shoulder? (Hexy left off that list on purpose.)

@B21

in fairness i thought Rutherford was a loser before the Pens brought him here. I pointed out a thousand reasons why when that happened. i think the Depres move is what sealed it for me this season. I REALKY didn't like that one. Like you I'm up and down on Downie. Same with Lapierre. The Cole/Bortuzzo trade I'm unsure of too. Recent goal aside, Bortuzzo seemed to be growing into his role finally, and Cole hasn't really impressed me.

I'm not as worried about the playoffs yet as most fans so I'm not pinning recent struggles on him. I just think Rutherford is a clown. I'll admit the Hornqvist trade, Perron, even Erhoff and Comeau gave me hope. But the recent trades soured that pretty quickly.

I thought Babcock was staying in Detroit? I could have heard that wrong! If Babcock coaches the Pens next year what happens to Johnston? Does he move on to another position or just move on? Rutherford out, Botelli to G.M. Johnston to A.G.M.,Babcock coach maybe? I don't know, I doubt it!

Archived