Down goes Pouliot! Down goes Pouliot

nossagog

Got mixed feelings on this.   You have Derrick Pouliet, a young defensemen who is growing by leaps and bounds the past few months, and how puck handling skills are probably the second best on the Pens at the moment.  The confidence and experience that he is gaining coming down the stretch is  has been invaluable.  And now that Ehrhoff is back, Pouliot has been sent back down to the Baby Pens. 

I see such a great future in him, I know he's only 21, and could use some seasoning. But he's not an AHL defensemen at this point.   He's better than Lovejoy, at least. But if it means he gets playing time down there instead of press box time up here, well, its quasi okay.   I just don't want to see him screwed around like Despres was. 

Weird thing is, sending him down leaves the Pens with only 6 on defense.  He HAS to be back up for the upcoming road trip, that would be just, well, strange to go on a trip with 6 defense.

Got mixed feelings on this.   You have Derrick Pouliet, a young defensemen who is growing by leaps and bounds the past few months, and how puck handling skills are probably the second best on the Pens at the moment.  The confidence and experience that he is gaining coming down the stretch is  has been invaluable.  And now that Ehrhoff is back, Pouliot has been sent back down to the Baby Pens. 

I see such a great future in him, I know he's only 21, and could use some seasoning. But he's not an AHL defensemen at this point.   He's better than Lovejoy, at least. But if it means he gets playing time down there instead of press box time up here, well, its quasi okay.   I just don't want to see him screwed around like Despres was. 

Weird thing is, sending him down leaves the Pens with only 6 on defense.  He HAS to be back up for the upcoming road trip, that would be just, well, strange to go on a trip with 6 defense.

I believe he'll be back at some point.

Archived