Here comes VLC!

murraycraven

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUMP!

Didn't want to start a new topic!!! So this was dug up.........

Vincent Lecavalier's agent has some strong words about Flyers coach Craig Berube

usa-today-7849590.0.jpg

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/3/26/8295775/vincent-lecavaliers-agent-has-some-strong-words-about-flyers-coach

"The situation hasn't met either side's expectations in Philadelphia," [Lecavalier's agent Kent] Hughes said. "If Vinny wants the opportunity to end a fantastic career on a good note, it's not going to happen so long as Craig Berube is head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers. I'm sure if Vinny found a good environment ... an opportunity to go to a new team and end on a good note, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired before finishing the term of his deal."

Man i hope this widen his selections of teams he is willing to go to....like anyone who will take him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shots fired. Let's unpack this a bit.

"So long as Craig Berube is head coach."

He's making it pretty clear that this isn't going to work here, but he seems to be leaving room that it could work if the Flyers fired Berube. Maybe he'll get his wish. Remember that a big reason Vinny signed here in the first place was the chance to play for Peter Laviolette. He got to do that for three games.

So how about this plan...get rid of both. Act like Berube is staying hopefully forcing Vinny to expand his list then if you can find a suitor trade the bum.

Then the next day fire Berube.........i love this plan best!!!

Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/26/is-lecavalier-offering-to-retire-early-to-facilitate-trade-out-of-philly/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Very interesting comment from the agent of unhappy Flyers forward Vincent Lecavalier.

“The situation hasn’t met either side’s expectations in Philadelphia,” Kent Hughes told NJ Advance Media. “If Vinny wants the opportunity to end a fantastic career on a good note, it’s not going to happen so long as Craig Berube is head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers. I’m sure if Vinny found a good environment … an opportunity to go to a new team and end on a good note, I wouldn’t be surprised if he retired before finishing the term of his deal.”

Lecavalier, 34, is signed for three more seasons at a cap hit of $4.5 million. If he were to retire early, his team would not be stuck with his cap hit.

Lecavalier has seven goals and 11 assists in 51 games this season, while averaging just 12:48 of ice time. He last played March 17 in Vancouver and has been a healthy scratch in the three games since.

A four-time All-Star, Lecavalier’s most common linemates in 2014-15 have been fourth-liners Pierre-Edouard Bellemare and Chris VandeVelde.

please Lord find a way to remove him............

It could be a good thing for a team needing some veteran leadership to get him for a practice puck. I would have him agree that if he didn't meet some milestones that he would retire. When he retires they are off the hook.

I hadn't thought of that. 

Let's hope he does then it would just be a one year deal. I think they could move him after his 2 million signing bonus is paid i think that would be in July some time.

Right now I have no problem with VLC returning if the cap is rising to 71 mil as reported, we are not in cap hell. I want Berube gone as the first move after the season is over. I rather watch VLC 10-14 mins a night then watch Berube coach another season here.

"Agreeing" to retire after a year or if certain benchmarks aren't made is just about the definition of "cap circumvention."

Saying "I'll consider it" is about the best anyone can do, and even then there are no guarantees.

There are no guarantees even if he says flat out "I will retire after next season". He's under contract and that can't be made a contractual obligation (you can't renegotiate contracts).

VLC could decide "hey, that wasn't a bad year - I'll stay for another".

I think Vinny would like to stay in Philly, but not repeat the year the way he was juggled around, if that's the case he would rather move on somewhere else to contribute elsewhere.

I see him as a solid playoff contributor and a pacer in the regular season.

We need positive role models for the youngsters, and Vinny epitomizes how to handle a real shitty situation, professionally.

You can say what you want but that's the culture I want the youth to grow around, you can BS all you want about diminishing skills and lah dee dah, but unless we instill a non entitled attitude in our farm system, we sure as hell need someone to straighten out some of these kids rolling up our team.

I think Berube would do well as an assistant to Murray, at least in trying him out, to enforce good habits. I think Berube does have certain qualities, and some of his comments and observations are astute, but saying that I think he might of been over his head with other facets of coaching. And he got promoted prematurely. He shows the aptitude of wanting to learn and does pick the brain of other coaches.

And I believe he will make a great coach potentially down the road. He should of been promoted to Phantoms head coach and Murray should of been promoted to the Flyers head coach.

Murray had the experience.

They probably still make the playoffs last year and this year.

I'm ok with there chances now of getting a good Draft pick, they were going to be the underdog in the playoffs anyway for a few years, but if they can learn to play as a team for 60 minutes, they have enough pieces to go far in the playoffs, from that point anything can happen.

I think Vinny would like to stay in Philly, but not repeat the year the way he was juggled around, if that's the case he would rather move on somewhere else to contribute elsewhere.

I see him as a solid playoff contributor and a pacer in the regular season.

We need positive role models for the youngsters, and Vinny epitomizes how to handle a real shitty situation, professionally.

You can say what you want but that's the culture I want the youth to grow around, you can BS all you want about diminishing skills and lah dee dah, but unless we instill a non entitled attitude in our farm system, we sure as hell need someone to straighten out some of these kids rolling up our team.

Right. And this all starts off with actually having to play on the farm.

So for those who keep saying it, can we please stop with the Morin should be on the team next year. Sanheim should be on the team next year. Whoever we take with our first pick should be on the team next year. Let them develop and earn their place.

Right. And this all starts off with actually having to play on the farm.

So for those who keep saying it, can we please stop with the Morin should be on the team next year. Sanheim should be on the team next year. Whoever we take with our first pick should be on the team next year. Let them develop and earn their place.

I've changed my mind a bit on the defense, partially due to the loss of Timonen, who I think would be a great on-ice teacher to any of the youngsters - I don't see anyone else on the team as fitting that role. Go with the 6 vets you have - Schultz, MDZ, Schenn, Grossmann, Streit, Gudas. Bring CC or someone else back on a cheap deal to be your 7. Roll with that, as putrid as it is. If one of the guys slotted for the AHL (Alt, Morin, Hagg, Manning - put Sanheim back in Juniors unless he plays out of his mind) really blows you away in TC, then keep them up and give them a shot in the top 4. Otherwise, let them get more seasoning in the A. At the deadline, offload Grossmann and/or Schenn and audition Phantoms based on their play in LV. Based on the conversation with Hextall, I think this is pretty close to the route they're planning.

@AJgoal

Les hope so. I agree about Timonen...and honestly, don't want any of Morin or Sanheim learning bad habits from our D. Maybe Streit could help Ghost along partway through the season, I think that's kind of his style...but having both of them on together may not be a great idea.

I've changed my mind a bit on the defense, partially due to the loss of Timonen, who I think would be a great on-ice teacher to any of the youngsters - I don't see anyone else on the team as fitting that role. Go with the 6 vets you have - Schultz, MDZ, Schenn, Grossmann, Streit, Gudas. Bring CC or someone else back on a cheap deal to be your 7. Roll with that, as putrid as it is. If one of the guys slotted for the AHL (Alt, Morin, Hagg, Manning - put Sanheim back in Juniors unless he plays out of his mind) really blows you away in TC, then keep them up and give them a shot in the top 4. Otherwise, let them get more seasoning in the A. At the deadline, offload Grossmann and/or Schenn and audition Phantoms based on their play in LV. Based on the conversation with Hextall, I think this is pretty close to the route they're planning.

I'm ok with this but where is Streit was he traded away?

I'd be fine with that because he disappointed me this year with his play in the defensive zone and i knew coming in he wasn't good in his own zone....but i'm sorry not being good is being to generous to him he is downright putrid...

...one of the worst guys i've seen in the Orange and Black in awhile. So i am open to moving him because he sure can't teach the kids how to play defense when he don't know himself.

Maybe Streit could help Ghost along partway through the season

Hell no Streit is horrible in his own zone and Ghost maybe just slightly behind him right there if he ain't already better Streit is straight garbage on defense.

And Ghost's offense may be better right now and what is Streit going to show him there??? How to pinch at the wrong time??? Nah he can figure that out on his own....keep Streit away from them i'd be completely open to trading Streit way...for his price tag he just brings nothing he isn't worth his price tag and needs a new address.

however Streit does play a similiar style as Ghost

I don't dispute that but i don't want him teaching Ghost on how to play in his own end....because he doesn't even know. I don't want him trying to teach Ghost on how to play a two on one break...because he don't know. That sort of stuff i'm sorry for his price tag i'd just soon as trade him away if for no other reason but cap relief. CC can show Ghost how to play better in his own zone than Streit and he is cheaper. 

Streit should just be playing forward this his defensive zone deficiency would be more acceptable.

BUMP!

Didn't want to start a new topic!!! So this was dug up.........

Vincent Lecavalier's agent has some strong words about Flyers coach Craig Berube

usa-today-7849590.0.jpg

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2015/3/26/8295775/vincent-lecavaliers-agent-has-some-strong-words-about-flyers-coach

"The situation hasn't met either side's expectations in Philadelphia," [Lecavalier's agent Kent] Hughes said. "If Vinny wants the opportunity to end a fantastic career on a good note, it's not going to happen so long as Craig Berube is head coach of the Philadelphia Flyers. I'm sure if Vinny found a good environment ... an opportunity to go to a new team and end on a good note, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired before finishing the term of his deal."

Man i hope this widen his selections of teams he is willing to go to....like anyone who will take him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch. I love it! When was this from?

I don't know what Vinny has left but I totally agree with this. He's only been set up to fail here. He could easily be back on track for 20+ goals next year.

This year Berube's goal with Vinny should have been to have Vinny score as much as possible si his contract could be moved.

If bought out or traded to a team with a real coach he will score more. How much more I have no idea.

Shots fired. Let's unpack this a bit.

"So long as Craig Berube is head coach."

He's making it pretty clear that this isn't going to work here, but he seems to be leaving room that it could work if the Flyers fired Berube. Maybe he'll get his wish. Remember that a big reason Vinny signed here in the first place was the chance to play for Peter Laviolette. He got to do that for three games

-In which he had 2 points and wasn't looking at all like a bust yet.

One has to wonder if the supposed trade to Nashville happened before or after they hired Lavvy.

Either way Vinny has got to be ticked at himself for that one.

Archived