Here comes VLC!

murraycraven

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@radoran

He found TWO big nuts...one at 12 noon and one at 12 midnight.

In all seriousness, I do believe a lot of those "bashing" VLC have said he still has something in the tank, just that he doesn't fit on the Flyers.

Maybe his newfound nut collection will make him a more attractive piece.

@radoran

We can only hope. Hes far from the worst player around...Just hate that contract. And yes, I would have signed it faster than Vinnie did. And be hated even more.....all the way to the bank.

I'd retain up to $2m or so in salary to sweeten the deal. Better than a buyout...

Goals are goals. I don't care how he's getting them or with whom and after how many minutes. Goals are goals.

My guess is that he's playing scrub minutes against other scrubs playing scrub minutes. He's still got some game and no one expects it from then "energy" line.

Fine by me!

Look at that blind squirrel and that big nut he found!

:ph34r:

Greetings for the Holidays!

I think VLC's continued presence--good, bad, or indifferent--puts more pressure for cap clearing deals. 

http://www.capgeek.com/flyers

Grossmann, Schenn, L, and Coburn are the logical targets per CapGeek.  They are heading into final years\ of contract.  I could find good reasons for trading these guy without financial considerations but looking over the spreadsheet, thinking about the youngins at Adirondack, and making space, here are your logical "dumps." We may be stuck with VLC with or without improved performance.  So...what is doable and what makes the most sense?  These three, even if we get little in the way of current assets, are the targets if I am Hexy.  

Best,

Howie

True, but it wouldn't be the first thread to drift off.

I'm just speculating but I think flyercanuck's description of the contract would indicate against him advocating for keeping him :D

@radoran

We can only hope. Hes far from the worst player around...Just hate that contract. And yes, I would have signed it faster than Vinnie did. And be hated even more.....all the way to the bank.

Side note, sort of....

So let's pretend that the Flyers win the lottery and draft McDavid. Would you, if you were Ron Hextall, turn around and trade McDavid, MacDonald, VLC to a team that can (a) take on that salary, (b) their 1st round pick and a defensemen?

It helps clean up some of Homgren's mess. Or do you keep McDavid and suffer in cap hell for a few years?

I hate to say it but if things keep going they way they are, we have no shot at McDavid. It looks like Edmonton has that pick on lock down already. (I know there is a lottery but that wont make any difference.) Most likely the Flyers will be bad enough to finish well out of a playoff spot but also well out of relevant draft pick. Just another miserable, meaningless season. 

Greetings for the Holidays!

I think VLC's continued presence--good, bad, or indifferent--puts more pressure for cap clearing deals. 

http://www.capgeek.com/flyers

Grossmann, Schenn, L, and Coburn are the logical targets per CapGeek.  They are heading into final years\ of contract.  I could find good reasons for trading these guy without financial considerations but looking over the spreadsheet, thinking about the youngins at Adirondack, and making space, here are your logical "dumps." We may be stuck with VLC with or without improved performance.  So...what is doable and what makes the most sense?  These three, even if we get little in the way of current assets, are the targets if I am Hexy.  

Best,

Howie

SuperStock_1849-805.jpg

Got to have more than that for him. I'd rather keep him than trade him for a 3rd.

Hey, I only said it because most Flyer fans seem to want to dump him and his cap hit for free these days lol. All I hear in Chat is how much he sucks and how he is not even NHL caliber. TRADE HIM. DUMP HIM!

Hey, I only said it because most Flyer fans seem to want to dump him and his cap hit for free these days lol. All I hear in Chat is how much he sucks and how he is not even NHL caliber. TRADE HIM. DUMP HIM!

Yes and they are right...but if every oher team can over value their junk then well so can we! I'd trade him for a 2nd.

Yes and they are right...but if every oher team can over value their junk then well so can we! I'd trade him for a 2nd.

Pfft. When Stuart was traded, I expected a 6th rounder and retaining salary. I nearly fainted when I read we got a 2nd and they took all the salary

Pfft. When Stuart was traded, I expected a 6th rounder and retaining salary. I nearly fainted when I read we got a 2nd and they took all the salary

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so if someone is willing to give a 2nd for Stuart then Coburn is worth a 2nd....offer and ye shall have.

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so if someone is willing to give a 2nd for Stuart then Coburn is worth a 2nd....offer and ye shall have.

Trust me, no Flyer defenseman, including Grossman, Schenn or Coburn, compares to how bad Stuart was for the Sharks. Look how badly downhill Colorado went once acquiring him and giving him top 4 minutes lol. They had no Braun to carry him. So yeah, maybe he is worth more than a 2nd LOL. Colorado is apparently hurting for D right now. I am sure you could offload one of them to Patrick Roy

Archived