Here comes VLC!

murraycraven

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not anumberger fan but he has been playing better than vandevelde is. Whether people like it or not, VLC should be a better option than the current vandevelde but if it is more en vogue to just continue to bash VLC then bash away. That always helps things. Berube, I wish I had his money, not the current potpourri of players he has to deal with.

I don't know. I keep hearing McDavid, McDavid, McDavid and I just don't see the hype. Honestly, if the Flyers ended up with a top two pick, I'd hope that they put the pick up for auction and get a Lindros-esque return on the deal. Young roster players, blue chip prospects, first round picks. That's the way to go.

If you are in the top of the draft picks and have a chance to take MacDavid and don't take him you are frankly brain dead. The kid is an absolute stud and a generational talent. Eichel is another great player and I would not trade the 3rd just to take Hannifan. These are franchise players...

Trading MacDavid is like trading away a Crosby type player... Ludicrous... Plain stupid...

Someone MIGHT I say MIGHT take the 3rd pick in exchange for taking Vinny and Umberger from us.

Imagine that. We'll give you Conner McDavid if you also take VLC and Umberger.

It's a beautiful mess that Holmgren created. 

If and I mean if (as I fully expect them to be bad enough to miss the playoffs but good enough to miss the top 10 in drafting), they land McDavid you have to keep him, but the idea of unloading bad contracts and obtaining roster players isn't too far fetched. 

If you are in the top of the draft picks and have a chance to take MacDavid and don't take him you are frankly brain dead. The kid is an absolute stud and a generational talent. Eichel is another great player and I would not trade the 3rd just to take Hannifan. These are franchise players...

Trading MacDavid is like trading away a Crosby type player... Ludicrous... Plain stupid...

Wayne Gretzky was a generational talent. Ray Bourque was a generational talent. Mario Lemieux was a generational talent. Nicklas Lidstrom was a generational talent. Let's hold off on calling McDavid a generational talent before he steps foot on the ice. Is he a good player? Absolutely. However, if someone is offering a Lindros-esque return on that pick, you have to listen to it. Oh, and don't forget Eric was also a generational talent. So yes, generational talents can be traded and the package you can get in return is phenomenal. Ask Quebec/Colorado if they make that Lindros deal and I'm pretty certain they do it 10 out of 10 times.

Wayne Gretzky was a generational talent. Ray Bourque was a generational talent. Mario Lemieux was a generational talent. Nicklas Lidstrom was a generational talent. Let's hold off on calling McDavid a generational talent before he steps foot on the ice. Is he a good player? Absolutely. However, if someone is offering a Lindros-esque return on that pick, you have to listen to it. Oh, and don't forget Eric was also a generational talent. So yes, generational talents can be traded and the package you can get in return is phenomenal. Ask Quebec/Colorado if they make that Lindros deal and I'm pretty certain they do it 10 out of 10 times.

again - no.

the only reason that there was such a return for Lindros is that Clarkie and Snider were stupid enough to bite on a trade that was too rich for most teams.  Like all things Flyers they overpaid dearly for that...  It could happen but in today's world I dont think it would.  I rather keep that player.

again - no.

the only reason that there was such a return for Lindros is that Clarkie and Snider were stupid enough to bite on a trade that was too rich for most teams.  Like all things Flyers they overpaid dearly for that...  It could happen but in today's world I dont think it would.  I rather keep that player.

The other thing to remember when using Lindros as an example is that he was a generational talent who refused to play for the team that drafted him. I realize it could be argued that should have lessened the trade value, but the point is that the team who'd drafted the generational talent wasn't looking to trade him just because they felt like it.

Gretsky was traded, but it's not like he was traded right after drafted, and it's not like Edmonton got a tremendous return.

The other thing to remember when using Lindros as an example is that he was a generational talent who refused to play for the team that drafted him. I realize it could be argued that should have lessened the trade value, but the point is that the team who'd drafted the generational talent wasn't looking to trade him just because they felt like it.

Gretsky was traded, but it's not like he was traded right after drafted, and it's not like Edmonton got a tremendous return.

Only if nobody else is looking to acquire him. If there are multiple bidders, than the refusal becomes irrelevant.

The other thing to remember when using Lindros as an example is that he was a generational talent who refused to play for the team that drafted him. I realize it could be argued that should have lessened the trade value, but the point is that the team who'd drafted the generational talent wasn't looking to trade him just because they felt like it.

So all we have to do is get CM to refuse to play for the team that drafts him and then we trade for him! Therefore, giving up Giroux, Mason, Eichel, next year's first, and B Schenn... Oh wait, throw in a second for good measure...

It shall happen... Wahahahaaaa

again - no.

Bobby Clarke wasn't the GM of the team at the time.

@radoran

I agree with you, I think Hextall is going to have to retain some cap if he wants to get rid of Vinny. If he does that he might find some takers and like Vincent05 posted, it's better to have part of his cap hit for the next 3 years instead of a buyout cap hit for 6 years.

Archived