Game #23 FLYERS at NYR 1:00 pm EST

pilldoc

For sure, double pumping should be part of the arsenal, thrown in 2 out of 100 shots to keep the defense honest. If you have Luke's skill set, you should just be concentrating on getting the puck on net with two key components involved....accurately and as quickly as possible. All the double pump does is give opponents a better chance to block it and gives the goalie more time to set up properly. Plus, the book is out on the double pumps, so forwards covering the point can fully commit to laying out to block the shot with any worry about being stepped around and looking dumb. My big question, why has the coaching staff not forbid this brutal stragety by Luke??

Haha yeah, no more double pumps!!

I have to say that Luke is playing a solid game, though.

Luke Shenn has had a good game.  With 5 min left to play he leads the team with toi with over 19min of icetime.  Luke leads the team with 4 shots on net and ties Rinaldo with 3 hits and one blocked shot.

Coburn hopefully will get a press box seat the next game with a -2, and one hit, 1 blocked shot and 1 give away.

Luke Shenn has had a good game.  With 5 min left to play he leads the team with toi with over 19min of icetime.  Luke leads the team with 4 shots on net and ties Rinaldo with 3 hits and one blocked shot.

Coburn hopefully will get a press box seat the next game with a -2, and one hit, 1 blocked shot and 1 give away.

Hmm... maybe Schenn was being showcased for a trade ;)

I don't think so, Schenn isn't the problem.  This team started falling apart the game Coburn returned.  

Yeah, that's true. I actually think our defense looked better before Coburn and MacDud came back - though I could easily be blinded by how much I dislike MacDud.

I don't think so, Schenn isn't the problem.  This team started falling apart the game Coburn returned.  

the team fell apart after their 5 day layoff......what in god's name happened in 5 days that this team is literally imploding on itself.

It is true that the layoff hurt but CC and MDZ appear to be better than amdymac and Coburn. Coburn is not himself-puck awareness is near zilch.

There was more competition today. But after the first two lines, there is no capacity to score...or move the puck. I actually thought Raffl looked fairly good and hope that line can gel.

Archived