Dustin Penner

LeafSuck16

Hello all, it's been a while. With all the talk of the need for a LW, why not go after Penner? He's a decent LW, a definite upgrade from Hartnell, and a cup winner. His salary was $2 million last year and is still not signed. Not sure what the deal is with the salary cap situation now that Del Zotto has been signed, but is squeezing in $2 million or less might be possible. Would love to hear what everyone has to say. Thanks.

Greetings:

Here are the Penner stats:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471208

His stay with the Ducks productive.  I guess Washington under Oates was a no go  Putting aside his merits or demerits as a player, do we want a 32 year old?  But he has solid background. . . Maybe 1.5 million....just a thought.  I just wish we would develop our youngins.

Peace,

Howie

That's about what I was thinking. Maybe playing on a line with Giroux and Voracek might be a motivator for him. I know he is not the ideal solution, but like Del Zotto, could be a let's see what you can do kind of thing. If Hartnell can put up those kind of numbers, what could Penner do? They are the same age. So like you said $1.5 million and see what happens. If you pitch a "you'll play with Giroux," just might get it done.

• Like 1

WTF ..what?

Mueller or Penner?

Neither it was just a test post from my phone i was trying to figure out why it won't let me see the full version of this site on my phone. It just started this morning, it won't let me see the shoutbox or even sign out. Just strange.

Neither it was just a test post from my phone i was trying to figure out why it won't let me see the full version of this site on my phone. It just started this morning, it won't let me see the shoutbox or even sign out. Just strange.

LOL ... Oh . I thought you where upset with a post or at someone who had made a post. Thanks for clarifying.

@LeafSuck16  Welcome back bro. This is what I remember. Penner was elevated to the Duck's top line with Perry and Getzlaf. For about 2 weeks, they dominated, tore the league up. I remember cause I caught the start of the wave in fantasy hockey, had him for the full 2 weeks after I noticed in a summary (believe it or not, I read them all to stay on top of things) he was playing with the stars. After two weeks and tons of goals/assists, he thought he had the world by the balls, got very aloof, stopped backchecking, started cherry picking....leaning towards center ice instead of helping get the puck out kinda thing...he was then dropped to the second line....then the 3rd...then the press box...all in a matter of a week!

Penner has always been a kind of enigma. He has decent size and hands, and can move for a big body...so teams are always thinking they can solve the puzzle and get the most out of him. He is fool's gold. He is lazy, always has been, always will be. He could have been much more if he had any kind of work ethic....a BIG GIANT NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

• Like 2

OR - all I can see from your post is XXX XXXX X XXXXX XXX XXXXX XXXXXXXX.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2