Sporting News: 1/3 of the Players are Flyers

No, nothing wrong with that.

I think he's got more scoring in him though. Not 40 goal seasons, but maybe 7 or 8 more goals a year.

Still just trying to find that missing piece for line 1.

I think Read had a chance, but just didn't elevate his game. He might be a finished product. Good, but not great. Nothing wrong with that.

Someone made the point that Umby playing line 3 opens up Read for potentially joining the first line

I think a shutdown line of RJ- Coots- Read is what we will see shadowing the other team's top line....candidates for the top line LW will be up for grabs i think with Brayden, Raffl and Bellemare.

Taylor Leier is the top LW prospect but he needs some development time in the AHL to add some more muscle i think first, but when ready he can bring some sandpaper to G's line.

When ready..............

...we'll see.

I admit i hate hearing Leier to Bjorkstrand he scoooooooooooooooooooooorrrrreeeeessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

@OccamsRazor

Really like how Leier has developed. He's looking like he'll be a great 3rd liner. Nice vid...gawdawful song.

Yeah. Mute works well. Wonder who will get the Captaincy on the Phantoms.

HHHHhhhhmmmm two former Captains coming in Laughton and Leier....may the best man win!!!???

I'd think an AHL vet would get it, no? I admit I'm not up on the Phantoms

Yes maybe not sure who that will be since they didn't resign last year's Captain Ben Holmstrom. So with that in mind i'm who does Murrya go with and when i think about guys he is always talking up two guys come to mind, not just from a skill standpoint but a they know the system and know what they are suppose to do so they can teach standpoint.......... Alderson and Alt.

@OccamsRazor

I'd have no problem with Laughton and/or Leier getting A's though.

Those i imagine would be very good choices for the A's. It's just so nice to see the talent pool for the Phantoms filling.

Feels like the Flyers get it now. Just hope they are patient with these guys and don't move them to soon for the grass is greener type guys.....they planted the seeds just keep watering them and watch them grow.

Both players are young as far as AHL goes. But both are also very mature and excellent leaders. They both take care of their own end of the rink, as well as contributing offensively. The Phantoms seem like they'll be going with a bit of a youth movement, so having one of these guys wearing an A might be a good move.

• Like 1