I forgot the rule regarding trades, if Flyers try and trade Lecavalier

Mario99

can the pay part of his contract while sucking the gm's dick to take him off the Flyers hands?

The answer is yes. Since Homer is the one to sign the contract, he is the once on his knees. Homer, hummer- its all the same. 

He has to stay a Flyer for a year first.

Doom, I don't believe that's true. Since he was bought out, he can't return to the Lightning in any way for a year following the buyout. However, once bought out, he becomes a free agent available to any team, and is treated just like any roseter player with the sole restriction of his availability to his former team. there's no rule I'm aware of preventing the Flyers from moving him anywhere other than Tampa, and even Tampa can pick him up starting on, I believe, June 27.

Doom, I don't believe that's true. Since he was bought out, he can't return to the Lightning in any way for a year following the buyout. However, once bought out, he becomes a free agent available to any team, and is treated just like any roseter player with the sole restriction of his availability to his former team. there's no rule I'm aware of preventing the Flyers from moving him anywhere other than Tampa, and even Tampa can pick him up starting on, I believe, June 27.

Yes, you're right. I didn't remember the full thing when I posted.

can the pay part of his contract, say he has $20 million left on deal can as part of trade pay say $10 million

so a team like Red Wings pay half of $$ left?

TIA

I say just swap Vinny for a guy with another bad contract, change of scenery type deal. Maybe Montreal would take Vinny  for a Rene Bourque type. Picks might have to be included. Chicago could use a big center, Brian Bickell for Vinny and swap of picks somehow. The Vinny deal makes even less sense for now then it did when it was done.