Mason out for game 2

hf101

@Bakanekimiwa

https://twitter.com/RandyJMiller/status/457576856741761024/photo/1

Mason said he is NOT ready; hopes to play in Game 3

Mason was doing neck exercises on the bench after practice. Seems like whiplash affect is still bothering him.

Holmgren says Mason is making progress but not ready. Said mason tired out in practice, too

Greetings:

I am sorry on the human level that whatever his UBI is, it's preventing his play. And I am sorry for the team. But from a broader perspective I am a bit angered/peeved because we can't see if the guy is a "wartime consiglieri." I was hoping we would see him in the playoffs for a read on his makeup.  If this series is short that might not happen.  On a broader note, let's hope Razor is uninjured or plays at least reasonably well.  Heeter first performance doesn't give a lot of confidence. 

Peace,

Howie

Emery was fine in game one. I want Mason, but Mason would not have won game one for the Flyers. 

i agree absolutely. i just feel that Mason, game in and game out, gives us a better chance to win. Razor certainly played well enough to give us a chance to win and I don't fault him. EOD, the goalie wasn't the difference last game and our guys need a better attack and better team D. simple as that, just do everything better... lol. 

I agree that Emery wasn't the problem.  I think it would have been great to see how Mason would perform on "foreign soil" during the playoffs.  And I am concerned short- and long-term about the goalie depth issue. And that may be a bigger issue if Razor is not retained next year, something I assign about a 50-50 odds to.

Peace,

Howie

Razor certainly played well enough to give us a chance to win and I don't fault him. EOD, the goalie wasn't the difference last game and our guys need a better attack and better team D. simple as that, just do everything better... lol. 

Agreed. The thing that gets under my craw is I thought the first period was pretty evenly matched and that the flyers played the physical game they needed to. In the second, they got away from that and let the Rangers run and gun, which the Flyers will lose 8 out of 10 IMO. 

So, in my mind, the Flyers played a 20 minute hockey game. Allot of people will say, well, until the Akeson double minor, blah blah blah. But the truth was that if it was a boxing match, the Rangers were well ahead on the score card at that point. 

Edited by Vanflyer

I agree that Emery wasn't the problem. I think it would have been great to see how Mason would perform on "foreign soil" during the playoffs.

Well maybe it still happens. Sure doesn't sound good though. Yesterday the writers were saying he looked sharp in practice, he was smiling, talking with reporters.

Now today we get this lovely image from Seravelli:

"Mason did not look like himself in practice Saturday. He would stop after a few shots and then rest his head on the cross-bar."

"rest his head on the cross-bar"? Holy moley...that sounds like a guy who's got no business on skates. I swear (a lot) ... it's just the Flyers' luck to claw all the way back into PO position ... only for Mason to get hurt in G81. Un-f---ing-believable.

Sir Canoli:

Greetings...I suspect this more than a Merlot or two. If this is a concussion I find it hard to believe he is even trying to skate but I am not an MD.  

I also hope we are not going down a slippery slope here. Concussion proneness gets worse with every incident.  I didn't realize he's had two of these suckers.

Howie

Well maybe it still happens. Sure doesn't sound good though. Yesterday the writers were saying he looked sharp in practice, he was smiling, talking with reporters.

Now today we get this lovely image from Seravelli:

"Mason did not look like himself in practice Saturday. He would stop after a few shots and then rest his head on the cross-bar."

"rest his head on the cross-bar"? Holy moley...that sounds like a guy who's got no business on skates. I swear (a lot) ... it's just the Flyers' luck to claw all the way back into PO position ... only for Mason to get hurt in G81. Un-f---ing-believable.

I thought after the rule change (reporting injuries) teams had to say (at least) either UBI or LBI - and it had to be accurate; they couldn't lie about it.

i never read the rule - guess i assumed they couldn't lie.

I thought after the rule change (reporting injuries) teams had to say (at least) either UBI or LBI - and it had to be accurate; they couldn't lie about it.

i never read the rule - guess i assumed they couldn't lie.

Ah, could be. I haven't heard anything like that, but could totally be true. I just didn't see anything on the replay that looked like it could cause either a concussion or whiplash.

Ok, looking around, looks like teams are not required to disclose any information beyond the fact that a player is injured, but any information they do officially disclose has to be truthful. So... Has the team officially said anything, or has it all been "a source close to the team" with the writers filing in blanks?

Clearly embellishment.

that was my first thought too. I mean.. he's a pro embellisher, really goes the extra mile to sell it by sitting out 2 playoff games. Your move Crosby. 

Two thumbs up

I love you guys!   LOL