Rangers defense strong, defensively superior and mobile, move Giroux to second lin

RonJeremy

Girardi , Staal and McD Are very tough to beat. They have good size, strength ,skating ability and rarely make mistakes. We try to dump the puck in and they quickly retirieve it and move it out quickly, we try to crash the net and they are blocking shots, playing sound defense and we get no second chances or sustained attack. We try to skate itin and they stand us up.

They constantly shut downour first line, maybe we need to put Schenn on the first line and put and put Giroux with Simmonds and Raffl. Balance out the attack alittle , it's worth a shot,we haven't won in NY in ages

@RonJeremy

Don't you think with the Rangers having the last change during their home games that they will try to match up the lines to the way they see fit?   Thus when Giroux is on the ice they will dictate the matchup to their likings?

Give Vigneault some credit here he is good at getting the matchups "he" wants.

@RonJeremy

Don't you think with the Rangers having the last change during their home games that they will try to match up the lines to the way they see fit?   Thus when Giroux is on the ice they will dictate the matchup to their likings?

Give Vigneault some credit here he is good at getting the matchups "he" wants.

I agree with this completely since the games in Philly were 100% different than the games at MSG with completely different results. 

If anyone thinks 1 shot from that top line is an honest night's work ...  What I mean is - you guys are right it's a tough match-up and naturally AV will get the guys he wants on Giroux at MSG. But that was a piss-poor effort / execution / compete-level (whatever you wanna call it) from that line in G1.

The Rangers do get the match ups being at home,That's why we need to move Giroux to the second line...so if Girardi and McD are matched against Giroux , then it gives Hartnell , Voracek and Schenn a better matchup going against the Rangers second pair. It's worth doing at least for a period or so to see if we generate more offense.

Hall Gill is way too slow, and Grossman is also slow, Schenn is a little faster , so we would be helping the Rangers by adding another pylon like Gill on the defense. I look forward to the Day when 6ft 7 , hard hitting ,great skating Sam Morin is paired with offensive dynamo Ghost and we have what will hopefully turn out to be a dominating duo.

That's why we need to move Giroux to the second line...so if Girardi and McD are matched against Giroux , then it gives Hartnell , Voracek and Schenn a better matchup going against the Rangers second pair. It's worth doing at least for a period or so to see if we generate more offense.

Really?? Why do you think that V. won't just move his top line against Giroux?? Its kind of an idiotic thought in my mind. Everyone knows that the Flyers go as Giroux goes, regardless "first" or "fourth" line. AV will just move his matchups accordingly. 

Really?? Why do you think that V. won't just move his top line against Giroux?? Its kind of an idiotic thought in my mind. Everyone knows that the Flyers go as Giroux goes, regardless "first" or "fourth" line. AV will just move his matchups accordingly.

My thoughts exactly when I read this post.

My thoughts exactly when I read this post.

The intelligent thought would be to suggest double shifting (not saying RJ is not). But that is a double edge sword and being a game down does not warrant that (yet). Also, there were many passengers in game one- so as "underwhelming" as giroux was in game one, there is plenty of that pie to go around. 

Without a serious, leave-it-all-out-there effort from the skaters (effort, execution, whatever we call it) it's pointless drawing up different lines.

Let's see what Giroux and Co. produce when they actually go hard for 60 minutes. Then we'll see what needs to be done as far as changing lines, double-shifting guys, etc.

Did you guys actually read my post before you jump all over me,in my post I said if the Rangers move Girardi and Mc D to cover Giroux , that leaves the line of Hartnell, Schenn and Voracek against Rangers second pairing,and giving that line a better chance at scoring. So by moving Giroux we are spreading out our offense a little , not having all our eggs in one basket. We will have a more balanced attack, or even try VLC on the first line and Schenn on the 4th.. No one says to do it for the entire game, just try it a few shifts and see what kind of offense we can muster