Emery probably to start vs. Rangers

pilldoc

EDIT: And in the news this morning, I see that Berube said Mason did not travel with the team to NY. Would that mean he's almost certainly out for Game 2?

I say that depends on the results of Game 1. If goaltending is the reason for a blowout loss in Game 1, I expect Mason will be on the next Amtrak to Manhattan if he is able.

I say that depends on the results of Game 1. If goaltending is the reason for a blowout loss in Game 1, I expect Mason will be on the next Amtrak to Manhattan if he is able.

Amtrak shmamtrak... Big Ed's jet is gassed up and ready to go on a moment's notice.

APFN188ESappLGB.JPG

Edited by JackStraw

I wouldn't put anything past Ed. But considering the Acela takes 75 mins. and lets you off directly under MSG...prob silly to fly.

As far as goaltending costing us the game...I don't remember any losses this year that were on the goalies. Not saying there weren't some bad outings - by both guys. But I really don't remember even 1 game this year that I'd say "goaltending cost us the win."

If we lose I doubt our goaltending will be the reason. On the flip side if Lundqvist is allowed to go the whole 60 unmolested he may "steal" the game. But that will be on the Flyers, Harts, Simmonds, Jake, G - not challenging him, getting in his face enough.

I wouldn't put anything past Ed. But considering the Acela takes 75 mins. and lets you off directly under MSG...prob silly to fly.

As far as goaltending costing us the game...I don't remember any losses this year that were on the goalies. Not saying there weren't some bad outings - by both guys. But I really don't remember even 1 game this year that I'd say "goaltending cost us the win."

If we lose I doubt our goaltending will be the reason. On the flip side if Lundqvist is allowed to go the whole 60 unmolested he may "steal" the game. But that will be on the Flyers, Harts, Simmonds, Jake, G - not challenging him, getting in his face enough.

Maybe someone should megna Lundqvist ;)

Yes, that's right. That borderline NHLer is now a verb!

That borderline NHLer is now a verb!

You are being too kind. He has not skated a shift in the last 3 games for Pitts. douche bag (not you). I like the pens posters (Polaris particularly), but an effing bush league play. Its a dead horse, but lets see what Pitts has to say when Boll makes the same play!!! 

You know, the fact that Berube started Emery in a good number of games down the stretch - and against excellent teams - was a stroke of genius in hindsight. 

EDIT: And in the news this morning, I see that Berube said Mason did not travel with the team to NY. Would that mean he's almost certainly out for Game 2?

So a player with just "whiplash" can't travel now, huh?   :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Maybe someone should megna Lundqvist ;)

Yes, that's right. That borderline NHLer is now a verb!

works for me! But seriously that's exactly the kind of stuff the Flyers need to do. Not quite Smegma style - no need to freight-train a defender into Lundqvist. But they *have* to get him off his game by making him nervous, bothered, pissed off about all the havoc going on around (and in) his crease.

works for me! But seriously that's exactly the kind of stuff the Flyers need to do. Not quite Smegma style - no need to freight-train a defender into Lundqvist. But they *have* to get him off his game by making him nervous, bothered, pissed off about all the havoc going on around (and in) his crease.

Totally agree. They have to make life difficult for Lundqvist. 

I threw out my upper back the other day... by sneezing.

Man, if there were a facepalm smiley, this is where I would use it.

I'm getting old.

brel, I was playing in my mens league game the other night and during warmups was taking a few slappers on the Goalie.   3rd shot I feel a pop in my left lower rib area and can barely breathe from the pain.   I tried playing two shifts and the pain was unbearable so I took myself out of the game and had a few beers.   The pain is brutal so I go to the Dr yesterday and I tore the cartilage on my lowest rib.   Farting, breathing, sneezing hurts like hell!  LOL!

Getting old does indeed suck!

• Like 1

Brad Marsh the blogger is on our side:

"Flyers vs. Rangers – no brainer for me. Flyers. So much resiliency on this Philly team. While the Rangers have the better goaltending and defense on paper, I like the Flyers' group of forwards and depth -- plus the superstar ability of Claude Giroux -- above the Rangers group. Philly is also better defensively and in goal than some folks think."

brel, I was playing in my mens league game the other night and during warmups was taking a few slappers on the Goalie.   3rd shot I feel a pop in my left lower rib area and can barely breathe from the pain.

Well, there's your problem right there :P

Brad Marsh the blogger is on our side:

"Flyers vs. Rangers – no brainer for me. Flyers. So much resiliency on this Philly team. While the Rangers have the better goaltending and defense on paper, I like the Flyers' group of forwards and depth -- plus the superstar ability of Claude Giroux -- above the Rangers group. Philly is also better defensively and in goal than some folks think."

Love Brad! I used to hang out at Marshy's (the pub) between songs when I worked for the Sens. And he would come over and sit with us regularly. Just a really good guy, great for the community.

If he says it, then it is so! Plus, he's an ex-Flyer :) So I'm sure he hates the Rangers as much as we do!

• Like 2

@Vanflyer Boll did it a couple times last night trying to push Orpik in one instance onto Fleury.  He didn't buckle so easily though and Fleury remained on his skates for the most part.  I can think of two instances with Boll pushing and shoving in there, but they seemed more intent on beating up Letang than Fleury.  He took some rough gloves to the schnoz.  

@Adamflyers  He probably whiplashed himself throwing his head back so hard to embellish it.  ;)  Watch the video!  

Seriously though gents... you know as well as I do your guys will be in there bumping Lundqvist every chance they get.  This is the playoffs...  it's time to play for real and Simmonds & Hartnell are two who definitely get into the goaltenders.  

Good luck tonight.  I hope it's an exciting series.  

;) 

@Vanflyer Boll did it a couple times last night trying to push Orpik in one instance onto Fleury.  He didn't buckle so easily though and Fleury remained on his skates for the most part.  I can think of two instances with Boll pushing and shoving in there, but they seemed more intent on beating up Letang than Fleury.  He took some rough gloves to the schnoz.  

@Adamflyers  He probably whiplashed himself throwing his head back so hard to embellish it.   ;)  Watch the video!  

Seriously though gents... you know as well as I do your guys will be in there bumping Lundqvist every chance they get.  This is the playoffs...  it's time to play for real and Simmonds & Hartnell are two who definitely get into the goaltenders.  

Good luck tonight.  I hope it's an exciting series.  

Ah Pol...I have seen the video...I still don't agree with you, but I just wanted to give you a hard time on it anyway!  All in good fun!  I wouldn't complain if we "Megna'd" Henry tonight! ;)