Flyers sign Frozen Four MVP Gotisbehere

JackStraw

This time next year he'll be signing for $6M a year. Gotta meet my Philly negativity quota

Ok you meet it. Done take the day off. :blink:

Can we at least wait 3 years of service before we just hand him his 6 mill per over 8 years!!!!!!! :ph34r:

I didn't get a chance to see the game, anyone knows how I can get a hold of that game?

I am not sure. ESPN holds the rights. You can try maybe looking at either college website or ESPN. If ESPN, I imagine they will want some do re mi. 

You can try some torrents sites (perhaps someone recorded it), but you did not hear that from me! :-P

I am not sure. ESPN holds the rights. You can try maybe looking at either college website or ESPN. If ESPN, I imagine they will want some do re mi. 

You can try some torrents sites (perhaps someone recorded it), but you did not hear that from me! :-P

Here is a condensed version...

if you don't want to watch the whole thing flip to where there was 1:30 left in the 3rd when he came from the other side of the ice to break up the play that even went the other way for the dagger in the heart to make it 6-4!!!

WOW!

For an "offensive Dman" to play that type of play? Impressive! I'd schitt my draws to even to a Vet...like Braydon Coburn do that once in a season...much less a 21 year old can't wait to get a look at him in due time in the NHL.

Edited by OccamsRazor

WOW...thanks for sharing.....I'm getting shivers up and down my spine just waiting for him to be in O&B.....

I have watched allot of Junior hockey (and while having played D1 NCAA, not much NCAA in recent years) and have been to three WJHC / Memorial cups finals and series. Throughout my playing days and watching days- at an amateur level,  I am not sure I have ever seen a player dominate a game like that- ever. The thing was that as soon as he was on the bench, he wanted to be right back out on the ice. He was that dominate. 

Edited by Vanflyer
  • Like 1

I have watched allot of Junior hockey (and while having played D1 NCAA, not much NCAA in recent years) and have been to three WJHC / Memorial cups finals and series. Throughout my playing days and watching days- at an amateur level,  I am not sure I have ever seen a player dominate a game like that- ever. The thing was that as soon as he was on the bench, he wanted to be right back out on the ice. He was that dominate.

Hey thanks a lot. I can see why everyone is singing " Hallelujah"! The Lord from heaven is smiling at us. It was about time Jesus.

Hey thanks a lot. I can see why everyone is singing " Hallelujah"! The Lord from heaven is smiling at us. It was about time Jesus.

Not for nothing, but Bodie deserves allot of credit too (who signed an elc with the Rangers the day before Ghost signed with the Flyers). 

Not on the signing, but the game that Ghost played. Bodie was the captain and leader of the Union team. Ghost elevated his game to a man against boys level, but without Bodie, not sure that would have happened. 

Hey I watched it three times already, the guy is a treat every time he touches the puck. Are you kidding me? Hey dude I am singing Hallelujah, and I was born in a Muslim family. I don't care if that will piss off Muhammad.

Can we at least wait 3 years of service before we just hand him his 6 mill per over 8 years!!!!!!! ph34r.png

Yes we can!

Entry level contracts have to be 3 years for players aged 18-21 (he turns 21 on Sunday). So he cannot make that kind of money until at least year 4.

Your point is made, I get it, but it certainly was good of Homer to sign him before he turned 22 (ELCs are 2-years after that).

Yes we can!

Entry level contracts have to be 3 years for players aged 18-21 (he turns 21 on Sunday). So he cannot make that kind of money until at least year 4.

Your point is made, I get it, but it certainly was good of Homer to sign him before he turned 22 (ELCs are 2-years after that).

Well, honestly, waiting a year to sign him to a 2 year or signing him now to a 3 year ELC really doesn't make any difference to the Flyers cap. It's only a plus to Ghosts bank account.

It was even more impressive in person.  I didn't watch ANYONE else, or the puck when he was out.  He was that good.  It was ridiculous.  

He needs a few pounds. His game sense, intelligence is already there. I was pretty impressed about the pace of the NCAA frozen four. To my eye, it was same as an AHL game. So, if Ghost can be that far ahead of those (14 draft picks for the Gophers), than he is close to ready for prime time. BUT, he needs 15 pounds. I am not in a hurry. 

@flyercanuck

Yeah I guess.

Anyway, I've now watched the highlights and the kid is dynamic. He will put on weight, so he should be a good one. With 3rd round picks like that, who needs 2nd rounders? :ph34r:

With 3rd round picks like that, you have to wonder what the thinking is when the same guy picks a Goulbourne or a (Bombo)Klotz.

With 3rd round picks like that, you have to wonder what the thinking is when the same guy picks a Goulbourne or a (Bombo)Klotz.

Flyers haven't had a third round pick that has played more than 70 games for them since Chris Therien. In 1990.

So, you know, there's some history there :D

Before that it was 1983 (Derrick Smith) and before that it was somewhat more common.

Flyers haven't had a third round pick that has played more than 70 games for them since Chris Therien. In 1990.

So, you know, there's some history there  :D

Before that it was 1983 (Derrick Smith) and before that it was somewhat more common.

That's an appalling record. I think Zezel (RIP) was also a 3rd rounder, plus a few of the other guys on that great mid-80s team.

That's an appalling record. I think Zezel (RIP) was also a 3rd rounder, plus a few of the other guys on that great mid-80s team.

They did pick Prospal and Sharp with 3rd rounders - but neither played more than 70 games for the Flyers (Prospal - initially)

Zezel was a 2nd in 1983 (picked round before Smith was).

Before 1983:

Miroslav Dvorak

Lindsay Carson

Glen Cochrane

Dave Hoyda

Jim Watson

Bob Kelly

Eight 3rd rounders in team history have played more than 70 games for the Flyers (not including Prospal, who got over 70 games when he came back briefly).

That's not the worst record in the league, believe it or not. Detroit, for example, doesn't have a boatload of 3rd rounders than panned out. But they did get Filppula, Franzen, Osgood and someone named "Lidstrom" since 1989. The Pens' only big third rounder in that same time frame is Kris Letang. The Devils can claim Henrique, Mike Rupp, Gionta, Souray and Oliwa. The Leafs have Fredrik Modin and Mikael Tellqvist.

It's a crapshoot, and one that Homer looks to have rolled well on with Ghost.

It was even more impressive in person.  I didn't watch ANYONE else, or the puck when he was out.  He was that good.  It was ridiculous.  

It truly was the first thing i was thinking was.........WOW THIS KID IS A FUTURE FLYER?????

Amazing!!! Never see anything like it.

All i could think was Flyers don't %@ *$!!!!! this up!!!

Let him mature and keep him in house out of any trades for green pastures....i want to see him with the Flyers in the NHL when ready. Keep him away from all sharp objects porsches and boats.....they NEED HIM BAD!