Flyers vs. Sabres tonight

Samifan

As a diehard Flyers fan living in Rochester and also happening to be a Rochester Americans season ticker holder, I know the Sabres will be icing what amounts to an AHL roster for tonight's game. Ted Nolan has these kids competing every night and they have given the Blue and Wings tough games this week. You can say that games against the Penguins/Hawks/Blues/Bruins are a litmus test to see where the Flyers are as a team but I will argue that tonight's game will be the true test.

The Flyers know:

Over the past several weeks that have proven they can hang with the elite teams in the league.

The will be playing the last place team in the league who had last night off to rest and prepare for tonights game and play hard for Ted Nolan.

They have a veteran team and more talented team compared to the team that will be wearing the Blue and Gold tonight.

They will be facing one of two AHL goalies.

They NEED THESE TWO POINTS tonight!!

The million dollar question is how will they respond? If the Flyers team that swept the Penguins shows up tonight, they should win without much resistance. If they fail to show, take the Sabres for granted or fail to skate and compete for 60 minutes they will kiss any hope of a 2nd place finish goodbye and maybe even the post season.I am sure Berbue will stress all of this today but its up to the 20 who dress tonight.

C'mon Captain, have your team ready!

Edited by Samifan

As per @NHLAdamK

Berube says Lecavalier back to 4th line. Raffl at 2nd line LW, Rinaldo stays with Couturier line

Raffle will be centering the second line with B. Schenn and Simmonds.

....  I'll assume that means Rosehill and Hall are playing with Vinny.

@hf101  I think the Flyers must have had good reason to pull the switch to center, given their tremendous depth there already. I'm ok with the switch, but they better leave him there, not good for the kid to be learning 2 positions and yo-yoing back and forth. Give him one specific thing to learn and let him be. Thing is, with Laughton being a natural center, hard to think this is a great move, but time will tell. The Flyers were dead right in seeing Raffl as a legit NHL player when no one else saw it, so I'll put some faith in the position change and not overly question them.