Martin may be back this weekend

nossagog

By Shelly Anderson / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Defenseman Paul Martin turned playful when asked when he might return to the Penguins lineup.

“I would like to play [tonight], but I don’t think that’s going to happen,” the injured defenseman said of the game against Carolina at Consol Energy Center.

The real answer didn’t take Martin too far into the future, though. He called the game Thursday night at Winnipeg “a long shot” and pointed squarely at the one Saturday against the Wild in his native Minnesota as a realistic target for returning from a broken right hand that required surgery and forced him to miss the past 17 games.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2014/04/01/Penguins-continue-to-get-healthier/stories/201404010051#ixzz2xeZl9ssc

That's some more good news for the Pens.  Keep getting healthy boys.

Wow how did that happen tonite? I flipped the channel & saw 4-1! What?! The Canes can do it but the Hawks can't, sigh.

They're a mess right now.  From all accounts it was a horrible effort all around.  First ten minutes they were unstoppable, the last 50 they were unnoticeable.  I'm glad I donated those tickets!  Somebody saw a real crapper of a game.  

I saw the second and third, carolina clogged up the neutral zone, and forechecked hard.  The Pens couldn't handle it.  They were like turnover machines.    That said, if that's what the playoffs are going to be like, DFB better change his strategy and go with the same thing, might as well make the game as boring as possible if that's what its going to take to win games.

Didn't see the game tonight, but Martin returned to the lineup.  What a relief. And it sounds like DFB played with both Niskanen and Martin on the points on the Power Play.   Much better setup.  The fact that he scored is a bonus, get some games in and get used to the speed of play to get ready for the playoffs.

Didn't see the game tonight, but Martin returned to the lineup.  What a relief. And it sounds like DFB played with both Niskanen and Martin on the points on the Power Play.   Much better setup.  The fact that he scored is a bonus, get some games in and get used to the speed of play to get ready for the playoffs.

Don't expect that to last when Malkin returns...  the power play that is.