Yes a great win

Jam1986

I agree he was better last night than most.  Actually, if he played exactly like last night on a regular basis I'd be fine with him.   I mean, it still wouldn't be worth the contract, but at least he'd be contributing in a positive way.  Hopefully, it continues.

I am in complete agreement. The thing with Vinny is that he only plays 90 feet (if even that). He's got a ton of skill / size, but he if effing lazy. 

No love for Emery (a brutal second goal, but he closed the door after that)?

There can only be three stars. I don't think he was top five. After the first ten minutes or so the Flyers kept the workload down, I thought.

Plus, you don't get star of the game in a game in which your teammates pretty much bailed you out.

I don't blame Emery. He hasn't played for forever. That effect shouldn't be underestimated for a goalie. And I'm not convinced he is well. So he did a nice job stabilizing himself. But no, he's not a star of the game, IMO.

• Like 1

I am in complete agreement. The thing with Vinny is that he only plays 90 feet (if even that). He's got a ton of skill / size, but he if effing lazy. 

He IS effing lazy. Always has been.(except that one run Primeau had that rubbed off on him and then rubbed off)  But now that his skill is showing signs of deterioration, his lackadaisical play can make him all but useless out there. You don't win a cup if you have to carry guys.

I'm thinking Flyers vs. the Ducks in the Finals.

Of course, no way I can afford to go to one of those games, but I'd sure try.

Seeing the Flyers play in the Finals/Hoist the Cup in person is near the top of my bucket list. Actually, I have no actual list, so that might just be it.  :)

Wouldn't it be wild if they went back to the Finals again this year after the awful start and this big push here at the end?

Never say never about getting tickets as with the flooded secondary market there is usually something reasonable available if you look hard enough (expept for things such as the Superbowl) 

I did achieve the dream of attending a Stanley Cup Final in 2010 thanks to my season tix....however the wrong team hoisted the cup and I couldnt bring myself to watch that so I quickly fled the scene once I realized Leighton had let in a goal that my grandmother could have stopped. 

If I ever was in attendance to see the Flyers hoist the cup I probably would not give up my season tickets but I might go to less regular season games to go easier on my wife and family who are amazingly sweet and supportive as I feed my addiction for live Flyers hockey that began in way back in 1984 and has not diminished since.

Edited by Poulin20

Wouldn't it be wild if they went back to the Finals again this year after the awful start and this big push here at the end?

Never say never about getting tickets as with the flooded secondary market there is usually something reasonable available if you look hard enough (expept for things such as the Superbowl) 

I did achieve the dream of attending a Stanley Cup Final in 2010 thanks to my season tix....however the wrong team hoisted the cup and I couldnt bring myself to watch that so I quickly fled the scene once I realized Leighton had let in a goal that my grandmother could have stopped. 

If I ever was in attendance to see the Flyers hoist the cup I probably would not give up my season tickets but I might go to less regular season games to go easier on my wife and family who are amazingly sweet and supportive as I feed my addiction for live Flyers hockey that began in way back in 1984 and has not diminished since.

Stranger things have happened.

If they somehow end up in the Finals and are playing the Ducks, you can be sure that I will do my best to be at one game in-person.

But now that his skill is showing signs of deterioration, his lackadaisical play can make him all but useless out there. You don't win a cup if you have to carry guys.

I don't give a **** too much about that- if he shows up in the post season. What am I supposed to call him "Briere Heavy"?