18 points.......

Vanflyer

......is what it will take for the Flyers to make the playoffs. 15 games left and only two of the teams have a sub .500 record. The back to back wins were a necessity. Pitts does not need the points. 15 games left and 30 points on the table. We need to play .600 hockey from here on out. 

98 points is what it is going to take to get into the show. Not trying to be a doomsayer, just a realist. 

• Like 1

......is what it will take for the Flyers to make the playoffs. 15 games left and only two of the teams have a sub .500 record. The back to back wins were a necessity. Pitts does not need the points. 15 games left and 30 points on the table. We need to play .600 hockey from here on out. 

98 points is what it is going to take to get into the show. Not trying to be a doomsayer, just a realist. 

It 's doable.

But they are about to flush 2 points if Emery's first game back is verse Chicago.

Flyers need to stay with the hot hand in net with Mason.

I'm all for resting Mason but playing Emery verse the Hawks back off groin issues doesn't sound wise.

Flyer will need their A game to have a chance of beating the Hawks and Emery doesn't have A game form yet.

@flyerrod

Yes Luke seems to have settled down with Amac hitting a couple nice long scoring passes up the middle ice lately.

http://i.minus.com/iESquqjwgZTl2.gif

He was guilty of being out of position on sunday's first goal but besides that a lot better sound.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Greetings:

I hate to say it but we probably have a back up problem. I can't see Emery staying on next year due to injury or cost. I hope we figure this out sooner or later. Per earlier posts, it may be time to give one of the youngins a shot.

Best,

Howie

I'm all for resting Mason but playing Emery verse the Hawks back off groin issues doesn't sound wise.

What team starting him does sound wise? I actually like the idea because he played for them and knows the shooters pretty well. I do like the hot hand idea, but I also think Mason needs a little bit of a rest. Their are no gimme's down the stretch, so you have to get Emery in there at some point. 

What team starting him does sound wise? I actually like the idea because he played for them and knows the shooters pretty well.

Yes...i tend to agree but remember your theory has two sides to it too........they as well know his tendencies too know where to shoot on him as well.

Didn't he get lit up last game verse the Hawks????

When he was "healthy" and still gave up 6 goals on 18 shots?????

And now rusty coming off a groin injury....now you want to test the groin against the reining Cup champs?????

Sounds suicidal.........the Flyer way!!!!!!!!!!!!   :ph34r:

Yes...i tend to agree but remember your theory has two sides to it too........they as well know his tendencies too know where to shoot on him as well.

Good points. But he has to start A game, so which do you choose? 

Good points. But he has to start A game, so which do you choose? 

Well he gave up 2 weak ones got lucky on that one.

Hell of a goal by G in OT.........very impressive him steaming down the wing!!!!!!!! He actually scored there on Raanta twice!!!!!!

Edited by OccamsRazor

Well he gave up 2 weak ones got lucky on that one.

I had no issue with the first one. The second was totally weak. That said, he shut the door in the second and third  and OT (and there were some highlight saves there). 

Edited by Vanflyer