Well that sucked...

B21

Not the worst idea....

Actually given the personnel of Pitts, its a pretty good idea. I think Laviolette has an expiration date, but his run and gun uptempo approach would serve pitts very well. Particularly considering the depleted defensive core. 

I disagree about their motivation. I've posted that in other threads already. Summarize: stupid penalties, new line mates, no time to adjust while penalty killing. They sorted it when penalties stopped.

Bylsma wanting them to grind IS ridiculous. THIS is his problem. He really is a good coach, but the loss to Boston is messing with his head as we close on playoffs. I think he needs to adjust some things, but grinding by your skilled forwards isn't it.

It's not that Iginla didn't want to be here, it's that he wanted too much to stay after producing next to nothing.

Trading Malkin would be a mistake. You won't get what he's worth, and you won't get another good center AND scoring wingers for him.

Salary cap goes up. One scoring winger for Crosby is needed.

Only other need is to stay healthy.

Niskanen has spoken of signing here at a discount to stay. The Pens had zero interest in trading him at the deadline which means they intend to try.

These games are not critical to us yet. Heal up your key guys and get prepped for the playoffs.

Fire Blysma and bring in Laviolette?  :lol:

Lavy would be the perfect coach for the Pens. If his run and gun was ever gonna work, it's with the Pens. He didn't have the offensive catalysts to work with in Philly, the Pens roster is MUCH better for his style of coaching....would be a real nice fit!

• Like 1

Lavy would be the perfect coach for the Pens. If his run and gun was ever gonna work, it's with the Pens. He didn't have the offensive catalysts to work with in Philly, the Pens roster is MUCH better for his style of coaching....would be a real nice fit!

In the regular season.  Not the playoffs. ;)

I know he won a Cup but it helps when Cam Ward is playing out of his gourd.