Weekend Home & Home with the Pens

B21

Emerick is unlistenable. Other than making fun of his constant made up verbs and adjectives that have absolutely nothing to do with hockey or sports for that matter. Half the game chat was spent repeating his comments with a ? following it. Jai Lai or however you spell it was his latest moronic attempt to rewrite hockey play by play. Oh, and swallowdge. (OK,rux made that one up)

Who hired this idiot in the first place?

I caught a "geometrically" in there today. I think it was "cleared geometrically" or something. Whatever the hell that means.

@brelic

Couturier is a defensive beast. There must have been a dozen times he forced the Pens to go back and try again. His offence is coming along one step at a time. I was saying today he should wear an eyepatch to go along with that wild beard and missing teeth.

Simmonds is exactly what you need for playoff hockey. I was as big of a Richards fan as there is, but that trade just keeps getting better and better.

Braydon Schenn is fine. He's following the same trend as JVR. And his brother has been rock solid back there.

Reads game has really been elevated recently too.

Downie is done.

Agree with the 3-4 years comment...too bad we'll be stuck with an even worse Vinnie (MIA again today after a good game yesterday) and Streit. Hopefully our management keeps building toward then and not right now.

@brelic

Couturier is a defensive beast. There must have been a dozen times he forced the Pens to go back and try again. His offence is coming along one step at a time. I was saying today he should wear an eyepatch to go along with that wild beard and missing teeth.

Simmonds is exactly what you need for playoff hockey. I was as big of a Richards fan as there is, but that trade just keeps getting better and better.

Braydon Schenn is fine. He's following the same trend as JVR. And his brother has been rock solid back there.

Reads game has really been elevated recently too.

Downie is done.

Agree with the 3-4 years comment...too bad we'll be stuck with an even worse Vinnie (MIA again today after a good game yesterday) and Streit. Hopefully our management keeps building toward then and not right now.

FC...wasn't it you who said sit Downie until June 1st! ;)

Cooter made Crosby his biatch again... Kid had a great series against the Pens...

Malkin is just a flat out tool on the ice and is so easy to entice into being a bigger tool.

Fun little series but there is still work to do coming up. Not an easy schedule so let's hope they keep up the good play.

• Like 1

Cooter made Crosby his biatch again... Kid had a great series against the Pens...

Malkin is just a flat out tool on the ice and is so easy to entice into being a bigger tool.

Fun little series but there is still work to do coming up. Not an easy schedule so let's hope they keep up the good play.

agree...was a great 2 games vs. a hated rival.  I just don't trust Downie and VLC is inconsistent.  This team just needs to take it one game at a time and keep playing like it is playoff hockey.  After a very rough start, I really like what Berube has done to this team.  I'm still pissed what this team did for the first 10-15 games.  Even a 0.500 record would have this team within reach of the Pens.  Granted this team really needs to improve the blue line, but slowly we are seeing some of these players begin to make those necessary steps forwards.  (Now how do we get rid of the bad contracts............)

I just read that Coots had 0 goals and 4 assists through the first 19 games of the season. That means he's put up 10g and 20a in 45 games since then.

Plus his beard is of epic proportions... He has more hair on his upper lip than Sid had on his girly body...

Pretty impressive.

Mario likes them clean!

Edited by murraycraven

I just read that Coots had 0 goals and 4 assists through the first 19 games of the season. That means he's put up 10g and 20a in 45 games since then.

Pretty impressive. 

I think the same can be said of just about every player on this team.  Considering this team was at the bottom of goals scored, they now sit 13th in the total league at 192 and only 3 goals away from being in the top 10. 

brelic, on 16 Mar 2014 - 5:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Plus his beard is of epic proportions... He has more hair on his upper lip than Sid had on his girly body...

Pretty impressive.

"Mario likes them clean! "

--------------------------------------------

LOL...I just spit up my drink while reading that..!!! LOL

839425582.gif?1392571578

Edited by pilldoc

@Mad Dog  I swear MD, this is the absolute hardest team to predict...ever. You just never know which team is gonna show up. The one thing that you can count on is a decent streak, whether it be brutal or solid play....you get 5-7 games of solid play, which inevitably gives you hope that they are turning the corner...and WHAM...for no special reason, the regress and play 5-7 poor games.

This time, they have been playing good hockey, which basically started around the same time we acquired McDonald. I don't think this is mere coincidence. Luke Schenn appears to have turned his game around while being paired with McDaddy, which in turn has made 1/3rd of the defense much improved. Our breakouts are better, you see less scrambling, less odd man breaks etc.....Coburn has been especially stellar during our recent winning streak, a great sign. Who knows, maybe the team as a whole has turned the corner and the lightbulb has gone on....but I'm not getting my hopes up again, I've been crushed to many times by this current crew.

Overall good win by the Flyers. And honestly, with all our injuries, I'll take the majority of the Pens effort as well. They seemed to start playing hockey again after spotting a 3 goal lead.

Flyers one the 1st (obviously), Pitts the second and the third was a draw (not withstanding the late rally attempt by Pens). 

Even with injuries, you can not be satisfied with the effort in the first by the Pens- particularly after being shut-out the day before. That is what decided the game. Crosby succinctly summed it up that the pens played a 40 minute hockey game. Had they played a 60 minute game, they would have won. 

Emerick is unlistenable. Other than making fun of his constant made up verbs and adjectives that have absolutely nothing to do with hockey or sports for that matter. Half the game chat was spent repeating his comments with a ? following it. Jai Lai or however you spell it was his latest moronic attempt to rewrite hockey play by play. Oh, and swallowdge. (OK,rux made that one up)

Who hired this idiot in the first place?

The whole broadcast team are pro Pens anti Flyers.

@brelic

That beard looks like crap! Lol.

@Vanflyer

I said "most"... Meaning the 2nd and 3rd periods. I'm grateful I didn't see the 1st. Was bad enough listening to it.

@Phlyer1

That's crap. I only saw the 2nd and 3rd and clearly remember them hyping Giroux, Luke Schenn, and pretending Couturier is Selke material. Lol. They were very much in a hot romance with the orange and black that game. They ALWAYS suck up to whomever is winning. That's all it is!