Weekend Home & Home with the Pens

B21

Well, if we do split, I hope we win at home since I'll be there....

I hate to see them lose, but even more so live......

You and me both (and Adamflyers too) on all sentiments you have listed there

Letang can outdive Malkin any day of the week! You're just lucky he fell down too hard a couple weeks ago.

LOL! I was literally referring to TOI Time laying ON Ice...With Briere and Carcillo gone we don't have anyone that can do the head flail with quite the same flair...

Holy hijacked thread, Mod!  Like - for real hijacked. ;)

hmmm. there were 2 threads this morning. One each in the Pens and the Flyers forum.  I'll assume they were merged.

It was perfectly fine to have a similar topics in each of the respective team forums.

Unfortunately there isn't a way to reverse the merge. 

I am hoping for a clean game between two quality opponents and not be decided by missed calls or incorrect calls.

Missed calls are one thing, it's a fast game.  But made up calls and "witnessing" events that just did not happen and then refusing to correct the mistake, that's beyond egregious.

I can hear the Crosby sucks! chants already! Should be a fun weekend of hockey.

Crosby Sucks! ;):D

@B21 

that whole game vs the Devils was ... oddly officiated.

there was stuff called that even on replay left the viewer wondering what the hell the referee was watching, some no calls Read had a really horrible high stick early ... play on.  Brouduer falls down and Downie is seen within 10 feet, off to the box for you son... 

it was truly a poorly officiated game. the disallowed goal was the exciting climax to 60 minutes of buffoonery.

As for this weekend i guess we'll see hopefully the outcomes will be decided by the players playing hockey.

there's some stuff our team needs to figure out, like whether or not VLC needs to be "healthy" scratch is the top of the list. 

I don't know, but I am getting the real distinct inpression that this team is much better with LVC out of the line-up.

Big test for the Flyers to see if they actually belong in the playoffs or in the lottery. It's tough sledding from here on in as far as the sched goes.

I think we have known this for awhile.  As far as I am concerened the playoffs start now for this team.

It happens. Depres  got called for interference with about 2:00 to go in the Pens' 3-2 win over the Caps.  All he did was stay in his lane and get run into by the Caps player.

But yes - hopefully we get some good officiating this weekend.

I'll drink to that.  The Devi's game still leaves a very bad taste in my mouth.

As long as we don't get you in the 1st round...

Worried? ;)  Knowing this team, a 1st round match-up with the Pens will be their SCF and thus screwing up our draft position!  

@flyercanuck  Yeah, there seems to be 5 or 6 really talented LW'ers in this draft, and most have size, skating and wicked hands. I want in!!!

ME TOO!

Well, if we do split, I hope we win at home since I'll be there....

I hate to see them lose, but even more so live......

For whatever reason we own the Pens in their barn so it is to concievable for us to come out flat and lose 6-3 in our building and then go to their place and win 6-4 after being down 3-1 and get the final goal as an EN. So we get 2 out 4 points. 

@murraycraven, on 14 Mar 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

I dont care if they are in the Pens heads or not b/c they need these points.   The schedule does not favor the Flyers making the playoffs  but that is why they play the games.   I expect these games to be nasty with a playoff atmosphere.  

Regardless of records these games are ALWAYS nasty and with the Flyers literally fighting for their playoff lives, yeah its gonna be fun

@ruxpin, on 14 Mar 2014 - 12:41 PM, said:

Honestly, I fully expect one of the two games to be a slaughter in Pitt's favor.  A 6-1 or 7-2 kind of thing where it's a close game for a bit and then the pucks go in like a line of guys to Lindsay Lohan's bedroom.

LOL .... now that is a very interesting mental image!  

LOL! I was literally referring to TOI Time laying ON Ice...With Briere and Carcillo gone we don't have anyone that can do the head flail with quite the same flair...

You can't count out Hartnell... Ever. He dives with the best of them.

Big test for the Flyers to see if they actually belong in the playoffs or in the lottery.

A bit extreme don't you think? I do not think the Flyers are a cup contender (too inconsistent / erratic). Given that, they certainly not of ilk of a team like Buffalo (lottery bound). 

A split with Pitts would be a "win". 

A bit extreme don't you think? I do not think the Flyers are a cup contender (too inconsistent / erratic). Given that, they certainly not of ilk of a team like Buffalo (lottery bound). 

A split with Pitts would be a "win". 

Not extreme at all. Right now we're a borderline playoff team. A Wings win puts us out (temporarily) and into the lottery. If we make the playoffs where we sit we draw the Bruins first round. We'd be lucky to win two games.

I'd prefer to draft that top line LWer with a possible however miniscule shot at Ekblad to that scenario.

• Like 1

Not extreme at all. Right now we're a borderline playoff team. A Wings win puts us out (temporarily) and into the lottery. If we make the playoffs where we sit we draw the Bruins first round. We'd be lucky to win two games.

I'd prefer to draft that top line LWer with a possible however miniscule shot at Ekblad to that scenario.

I agree with the assessment, but the lottery comment was a bit extreme (imho). 

Edited by Vanflyer

@Vanflyer

You realize every team out of the playoffs is in the lottery right?

could you imagine if the Flyers actually missed the playoffs...get into the lottery and hit gold and select Eckblad.....!!!!

ok ..you can now slap me out of this dream..... ;)