Regroup and Readjust: Expectations

murraycraven

but I don't think he's one of the top players in the game right now.

I concur.... I love Kimmo but he is not even in the top 15.   He is a warrior but definitely on the downside of his career.  Stats are great as I work with them all the time but taking into account 1 stat usually does not provide the full picture.   Sports adds another element b/c stats generally do not tell the whole picture b/c of the human element - aka: the sniff test

I got nothing against stats at all, but that particular one seems pretty flimsy imo.

I love Timonen and would resign him for a hometown discount, but I don't think he's one of the top players in the game right now. Was he for a time? Oh yeah.

Well it a stat based on puck possession theory being you can't score if you don't have the puck some people believe in it other not so much i'm kind of on the fence because i'm still learning it and what it all means.

Another website than breaks some of this down is extraskater.com check it out if you like. It's alot of numbers about hockey...

I concur.... I love Kimmo but he is not even in the top 15.   He is a warrior but definitely on the downside of his career.  Stats are great as I work with them all the time but taking into account 1 stat usually does not provide the full picture.   Sports adds another element b/c stats generally do not tell the whole picture b/c of the human element - aka: the sniff test

I got nothing against stats at all, but that one is bullsh!t. I love Kimmo too, and would resign him if it didn't cost too much, but he's not even a #1 anymore, let alone one of the better ones in the league. I can even admit he looks better this year than I expected, but his days of being one of the best are over.

Stats are great as I work with them all the time but taking into account 1 stat usually does not provide the full picture.

Extraskater.com if you want your head to explode!!!! STATS GALORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :blink: